It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vatican urges to hold talks on food prices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The Vatican urges to hold talks on food prices

english.ruvr.ru

The Vatican has urged the G20 to hold a summit to discuss global food prices. The Vatican's permanent observer at the UN in Geneva, Archbishop Silvano Tomasi, said the meeting should be held before the end of the year, otherwise it will be too late. The main topic on the agenda is to stabilize food prices and press agricultural monopolies over speculating.

The Holy See rarely meddles in economy but starvation is definitely within its competence. The world is obviously facing another food crisis, similar to the one we had in 2008, when people in 30 countries joined food riots.

Severe dro
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I find this very odd, Although, currently the food prices are a bit high as of now, but nothing yet has come close to a SHTF . As a person who is also into doom- and gloom I wonder if vaticans political agenda will not only emphasis on just food, but something else. I look at this as a power move, obviously anything involving food is.

english.ruvr.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Food is the new Global money. The Vatican has always stuck it's finger into any money pie throughout history.

Des

edit on 27-8-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I guess you missed all those news about the incoming rise in food prices, it has been reported by several sources and it's (mostly) a consequence of the drought in the US.

new topics

top topics

join