It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car carrying Japan ambassador to China attacked: agency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Car carrying Japan ambassador to China attacked: agency

www.reuters.com

A man attacked the car carrying the Japanese ambassador in Beijing on Monday and ripped off the Japanese flag flying on the vehicle, Japan's Kyodo news agency reported, amid escalating tensions that led to the biggest anti-Japan protests in years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm not going to say that this was a legitimate attack by any means. Personally, I believe this was just some civilian with hatred towards Japan that attacked the car.

However, I think it's a bit alarming that after recent anti-Japan protests (link to that in additional news links) in China, people start to become aggressive towards diplomats.

Usually ambassadors are the last to feel the sting of conflicts, since they are the "messengers" between countries in any crisis.

But the fact someone attacked the ambassador car, and ripped off the japanese flag, shows that the whole Asia is lighting up to conflict in recent times.

If it's just steam blowing off, or a conflict starting to emerge, time will tell.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

i guess, it's about those islands between both countries. are there resources or something ?

edit on 27-8-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
From your link;

The attack comes after tensions over disputed islands known as Diaoyu in China and Senkaku in Japan flared in mid-August, when the Japanese coast guard detained Chinese activists who sailed from Hong Kong and landed on the island. Anti-Japanese demonstrations have taken place in Chinese cities over the past two weekends.

another source

CHINA’s view. The Diaoyu Islands are indisputably China’s property since the Ming Dynasty (the 1400′s). Japan stole the islands and Taiwan from China in 1895 after the end of the China-Japan war (earlier than World War 2). After World War 2, Japan returned Taiwan, which should have included the Diaoyu Islands. The Diaoyu Islands are much closer to Taiwan and mainland China than to Japan. Therefore (according to the Chinese) there is no dispute or debate that these islands belong to China. Looking at the map, it’s easy to see: YES. The islands are much closer to Taiwan than to Japan. Map of Diaoyu Senkaku Islands Japan’s point of view: it’s obvious and beyond debate that these islands belong to Japan. They took control of the islands in the 1800′s when they were worthless rocks. After WW2, America controlled the islands until Japan was back on its feet. In 1972, America returned the islands to Japanese jurisdiction and control. They have been administered by Japan ever since. Japan even put a lighthouse on one of the islands to show some sign of human source.

I guess if it were a baby, we could just divide it into equal parts?

Imagine the symbolism that is already shared peacefully.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

i guess, it's about those islands between both countries. are there resources or something ?

read history of relationsChina-Japan before ww2

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

read history of relationsChina-Japan before ww2

well, this would take a while. but, i will google those islands.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
With the shenanigans the Japanese pulled in China during WWII it should come as no surprise that theirs lasting bad blood between the nations. It's about a lot more more than those silly islands and the rights to any oil that may be under them.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

They're so silly. They'll be quick to 'protest' about Japan's island. But protest about the corruption of the communist party, corrupt police and other evils? Nooope! Help someone out in need? Nooope! Just keep on walking, you see and hear nothing. They are hypocrites and thank God that not all Chinese are like this. Losers.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

It is over the islands, and yes, it is about the possible resouces there. Just amazes me how nationalistic the Chinese can be, and how very angry they can be over this.

Im fairly certain most of this anger originates from Japanese treatment of the Chinese during WW2. Seems a little disproportionate otherwise.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Probably not government ordered, but could've been. Either way to me this is a sign that the sleeping dragon is waking. I think China's getting ready to start throwing some weight around and if their citizens are starting to act like this towards "western" interests it says to me that their government run media has been slamming western interests hard enough to get their people all riled up and pissed off.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Im fairly certain most of this anger originates from Japanese treatment of the Chinese during WW2. Seems a little disproportionate otherwise.

The Jews will never forget the Holocaust...

And the Chinese will never forget the Rape of NanJing.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 27-8-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Precisely why I mentioned the treatment of the Chinese by the Japanese during world war 2. It was nothing less than barbaric.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Maybe the State Ran Chinese media could help the situation if they'd stop sponsoring inflammatory provocative rhetoric [Which is always dismissed as being for internal consumption]

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Asia contains 60% of the world’s population. The Chinese alone account for about 20% of world population. China is smaller geographically and even smaller in terms of natural resources than the US. To give some perspective North America only holds 5.1% of the world population. Something has got to give. It seems very likely the next major war will start in Asia, though it will inevitably spread to other regions as the nations involved try to secure the resources necessary to wage war.
edit on 27-8-2012 by Strakha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I won't look at the film, reading the Wikipedia link you provided was horrifying enough, with very graphic pictures, though, I'd heard of much of it before from my mother, who is partly of Japanese ancestry mixed with other Asian ancestry. She wanted me to know the truth before revisionists on all sides might deny or bury it. She and other women in my family personally witnessed and some even experienced atrocities by American soldiers done in retaliation or revenge for Japanese war atrocities like the Bataan death march and Nanking, so let me say no sides come out without the blood of innocent women and children on them from that era. But the volume of the depravity and brutality of the Japanese soldiers in those Empire building days absolutely dwarfs the other evils, even that of the NAZIs and is something I can't see the Chinese (and other victims) ever forgetting. I'm sure the stories are being passed from generation to generation and carries present day tensions beyond the more obvious and apparent disputes.
edit on 28-8-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Shortened

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

this is quite high profile and maybe a indication of things to come
like pearl harbour

new topics

top topics

join