It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If every Christian would love God, no one will starve around the world!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
According to wiki, there are 2.2 billion Christians around the world. United States which is a rich country STILL by global standards has about 80% of it's population as Christians. Then we include Canada, Europe, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand all of which is significantly above the 60% of their total population.

There are at least 600 million Christians under those countries. I didn't sum all countries that might be rich by global standards.

According to en.wikipedia.org...:Worldwealthdistribution2000PPP.gif

Europe and North America has 50% of the world's wealth distribution..... With around 70% of the Christians belonging to this group, we could assume that around 35% of the world's wealth belong to Christians...

...And yet there are 16,000 children DYING of hunger/hunger-related illnesses EVERYDAY!!

Do Christians need to care for these people?? YES!
Are they sinning buy ignoring these very poor people?? YES!

It's impossible to truly LOVE GOD if you don't care for the people He cares about. If you love any person, would you ignore the things they love? If you don't even care of these people, you don't really love God, you love your money, your possessions more. You are committing the biggest sin by NOT LOVING God with all your heart, mind, and soul.

Matthew 25:37-40
"37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ "

WOULD YOU LET GOD STARVE TO DEATH SO YOU CAN STILL EAT 3 COURSE MEALS, 3X PER DAY?? See the word "Stranger" They don't have to be your brother and sisters or you brothers and sisters in Christ!

Are Christians obeying the 2nd most important commandment - Love your neighbor as yourself?? NO!

Would you let your neighbor starve to death?? According to many Christians, YES!!

WHO ARE YOUR NEIGHBORS??

Luke 10:29-37
"29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

Listen, I've been a Christian for many many years. I've met many Christians from some of the countries I've mentioned, particularly the United States and New Zealand. Quite many of them are eating 3 course meals, 3x per day or simply 3 meals per day. They don't lack anything in food!

Then they spend their money and time in their possessions, recreation, leisure, dinner here and there party every weekend. Then there's 16,000 children starving who are really their neighbors but they don't even care, it's disgusting!!

All they care about is enjoying the material blessings they believe is fully entitled to them by God. I don't think so! The moment you decide to follow Jesus, all your possessions are no longer yours!! If God gives you money, it's not for you, it's for Him!!

Do you think those very poor children deserved their fate?? Do you think they were too lazy?? THEY NEVER GOT A CHANCE IN THIS WORLD, THEY WERE BORN VERY POOR!! THEY CAN'T EVEN THINK OTHER THAN THEIR VERY SURVIVAL, TO QUENCH THEIR THIRST FOR FOOD AND WATER. They can't even be bothered what 1+1 is!! Would you deny the chance to help them if you could and would rather just live it out and enjoy things for you'll only have ONE life and indeed, that will be your fate!

Christians, you need to wake up!! Stop creating excuses for the radical teachings of Jesus! It's the only thing that would matter to our dying world. The Earth and God's other creations doesn't need another human who would help exploit/destroy them just to sustain their lifestyles of enjoyment.

Keeping your wealth, your financial security, whatever, won't come hand-in-hand with keeping the two MOST IMPORTANT commandments - Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, and soul and Love your neighbors as yourself.

If you truly follow those commandments, it will fill you with disgust keeping your wealth. You'll realize it's not for yourself, it's for God!

Luke 16:13-15
"13 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

14 The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus. 15 He said to them, “You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of others, but God knows your hearts. What people value highly is detestable in God’s sight."
edit on 27-8-2012 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
wow a little preachy

im pretty sure that I am feeding my neighbor when I walk over there with a plate of lasagne

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by blu3nowh3r3
wow a little preachy

Some people only respond to that. If this is what it takes to make this planet a great place to be, I'm all for it.

Preach it, brother!
edit on 27-8-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

i get what you are saying.
unfortunately the people who need to understand what you posted will read your post and think, "that is not me."
good thread. star and flag

-subfab

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think it's time I open up a thread for this.

People keep blaming God for all the world's trouble and their ignorance.

But it's our, my, you, every Christian's fault. We Christians are to be Blamed! Stop blaming God but start blaming us!!

We are to be the salt and light of the world... God didn't say I am the salt and light. The responsibility is ours, not His!

God already set an example through Jesus. He gave up His beloved Son's life to send the message through like a sword that pierces even the hardest of hearts. But what do we do?? We still choose to believe that God is like a genie!! We never pick our crosses. We love to be served instead of serving others!

We are to bring relief to those oppressed by wars, even stop wars (blessed are the peacemakers!) these are just one of the many things Christians should be doing instead of making friends with the devil. We are to be the light. The brilliant beacon of hope that there is still good left in every human so others might follow!!

But nooo... Christians love their lives too much. Too bad they will lose it.....

Mark 8:35 "For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it.

The world hates God because of us!! We never even lift a finger to prove to the world how God has changed our hearts so profoundly to give it all that defies all human understanding and pierce the hearts of many.
edit on 27-8-2012 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Thank you for getting preachy. We are Christ's hands and feet in this world.

I suggest that people consider eating a meal of beans and rice once a week and at the end of the month take the $ you saved on from eating this frugal meal and donate it to help those in need.

Eating a beans and rice meal is wonderfully humbling because to you it may taste crummy, but some people would consider it a feast.

People, when you only eat organic and spare nothing to maintain good health, don't break your arm patting yourself on the back if you giving little or nothing to those in need. I consider it selfish.

My favorite charity link.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Eating a beans and rice meal is wonderfully humbling because to you it may taste crummy, but some people would consider it a feast.

We love beans and rice at our place. We like ramen too. We eat these foods by choice. What is the rest of the world eating?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
No amount of ‘preying’ or worshipping a fairy-tail story is going to help the starving children.

What will help is the pope and the catholic church opening up their bank accounts and feeding them.

If the pope is unwilling to do this, then your ‘god’ and your religion is a complete embarrassment and a disgrace to the human species.

Mickierocksman

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

But it's our, my, you, every Christian's fault. We Christians are to be Blamed! Stop blaming God but start blaming us!!

WRONG. Elohim is the Provider not us. Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime. When you make yourself a person's provider you invite destruction into your life. People become savior junkies and end up thriving on being another's provider and get highs off it and that is wrong. Bring them to Yeshua and He will set them free. The objective is to get them depending on Elohim for their needs, not man.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

It's the one's that aren't eating that need our help. The ones eating rats and cockroaches deserve better. I've heard this happens in the U.S. also. Fried cockroaches, how pathetic.

climaxgirls.edublogs.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

WRONG. Elohim is the Provider not us. Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime. When you make yourself a person's provider you invite destruction into your life. People become savior junkies and end up thriving on being another's provider and get highs off it and that is wrong. Bring them to Yeshua and He will set them free. The objective is to get them depending on Elohim for their needs, not man.

Why was Yashua rewarding / punishing people in the chapter about the sheep and the goats?

He rewarded the sheep for bringing relief to the hungry / thirsty / miserable... not because the sheep brought them to Yeshua. The goats were punished because they did not help those in need.

When you make yourself a person's provider you invite destruction into your life. People become savior junkies and end up thriving on being another's provider and get highs off it and that is wrong.

The "high" is knowing you are helping another person and knowing that God would take these good deeds into account when you are being judged.
Of course, only God knows our true intentions, when we give to the needy.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mickierocksman

If I was Pope all the masterpieces would be sold. The bank account would barely be in the black. I'd take down the Vatican and sell its bricks to help those in need. I know I am extreme, but how many changes of clothes did Jesus have? The Pope should lead by example.

Luke 18:22

When Jesus heard this, He said to him, "One thing you still lack; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

He is not there yet, is he? How about your tab? How about mine?

In defense of the Church Catholic Relief Services is an awesome program.

CRS provides relief in emergency situations and helps people in the developing world break the cycle of poverty through community-based, sustainable development initiatives.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Church is comprised of 1.5 billion people. Please don't condemn all these people because you disagree with the Papacy's money handling. There are more walking saints than you or I will ever know.

Likewise, I do not condemn all people in the U.S. who have a POTUS and FLOTUS that blow money like crazy while poverty rises. 16 - 17 vacays for the First Lady? Give me a break, I can't keep track.
www.cbsnews.com...

Whatever, God is watching us all.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

He rewarded the sheep for bringing relief to the hungry / thirsty / miserable... not because the sheep brought them to Yeshua. The goats were punished because they did not help those in need.

No, he is rewarding those who fed his sheep and tended to them and show them mercy and kindness. Those who did nothing for his sheep go into the fire.

Matthew 25:40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

We're supposed to help people because we could be helping a brother or sister and not know it, who are fellow sheep.

Mark 3:31-35

31 Then His brothers and His mother came, and standing outside they sent to Him, calling Him. 32 And a multitude was sitting around Him; and they said to Him, “Look, Your mother and Your brothers are outside seeking You.”

33 But He answered them, saying, “Who is My mother, or My brothers?” 34 And He looked around in a circle at those who sat about Him, and said, “Here are My mother and My brothers! 35 For whoever does the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother.”

In the OT he promises recompense to those who scatter his sheep and destroy his flock. The wicked in the parable of the sheep and goats are those who did nothing for his sheep and they are the ones who go into the fire. Those who helped his sheep were doing it for him because everything they did for his sheep they did for him. Remember when Saul of Tarsus met Christ on the road to hunt down more christians, Jesus asked him "Saul, why do you persecute ME?" Christ's disciples and apostles are his Body and he is the Head, the Head of the Church.

You don't want to recognize Paul but John Mark goes into this exact same ideal in Mark 3:31-35. It's the same concept Paul was speaking about.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman
No amount of ‘preying’ or worshipping a fairy-tail story is going to help the starving children.

What will help is the pope and the catholic church opening up their bank accounts and feeding them.

If the pope is unwilling to do this, then your ‘god’ and your religion is a complete embarrassment and a disgrace to the human species.

Mickierocksman

Jesus does not advocate popes, not even pastors, priests. It's an antichristian concept. We are to be brothers and sisters all and only one leader/teacher/father, who is Jesus.

And please stop blaming others, not even the evil Vatican empire!! The world is full of evil, because the Christians love their lazyboys over their starving brethren. They chose to live comfortable lives, than give it all, go to war-torn places, risk their lives in Islam nations to preach the gospel, lift the oppressed.

LOOK! If all that 600 million Christians who owns 35% of the world's wealth decide to work for the least of their brethren 100% instead of working their lives for their own little empires, their leisure, their hobbies, recreation, upgrading their gadgets, dinner parties, etc....

Can you even calculate how much money that is???

Christians, if you believe in eternity, then why are you working your worldly lives that is nothing but a fleeting instance?? You don't even invest your time for God. You spend way more time working out your financial future, your vacation plans, leisure, hobbies, educational plans than seeking God. You love this world way more than God. You DON'T want Jesus to come now!! Because if Jesus came today, it will mean the end of your little empire!!!

You would rather delay the 'great tribulation' the end of everything so you can enjoy your life at price of delaying the 2nd coming of Jesus. You love Jesus right but you don't want him to come? It doesn't add up!! How did I know. That is what many Christians told me they believe it's not anytime soon, it will take hundred/thousand years more. We are to live our lives to the fullest as they told - fullest in the world or in God??

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
WRONG. Elohim is the Provider not us.

Where do you think your money/wealth/salary comes from??

It's not through your hard work but simply because God allowed you to receive money. In reality, even the unbelievers are covered by this rule, they just don't know it... But Christians should, but what they do with their money/wealth they really don't own??

If money is a blessing (more often it is NOT, according to Jesus, it is something to detest, not love!!), then God is being merciful if you are receiving money. Are you being merciful to others?

Yes we are to preach that God is the provider... ...That all we own are not ours, it is His and all came from Him. But how can we preach this truth if we are withholding these things from those who needs it much more than us??

Can you even tell, all that we have and earn come from God. But nothing comes to those who is oppressed by poverty, war, corruption, etc... What would these people think?? That God is unfair, He plays favorites??

NO!! Much is given much is required. We are to get and give it all. Take some and you are no better than JUDAS!! This is what is required of those who truly follow Jesus. Give up all your possessions, your wealth, it's not yours, it's not even for your enjoyment!!

Where do you really get your joy, is it from wealth, opportunities, career, education, worldly achievements, leisure, hobbies, recreation or from God alone, his word, the things he loves?? If you take enjoyment from the former and want to keep some for yourself, have you really been reborn of the spirit? Are you a new creature??

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
nnnnnvm...
edit on 28-8-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk
According to wiki, there are 2.2 billion Christians around the world. United States which is a rich country STILL by global standards has about 80% of it's population as Christians. Then we include Canada, Europe, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand all of which is significantly above the 60% of their total population.

There are at least 600 million Christians under those countries. I didn't sum all countries that might be rich by global standards.

Who are you to label 60% of my country christians? 60% of my country have most likely never read a page of the bible and steer clear of any religion unless its TV or drinking alcohol of course.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman

Mickierocksman

Exactly. Ironic how one of the richest people, organisations, religions cannot give a penny but no worries when it comes to visiting poverty stricken countries and telling them they will be rich in heaven... Even the Vatican may as well call themselves a corporation now. They are pathetic.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Your premise is that Christians are taking rather than giving. This is not the case. America, as an example, has a Government setup around giving to the disadvantaged. In our school district, over two thirds of our kids receive free and reduced lunch. This represents charity to students that could not otherwise feed themselves. A Christian nation is one that reflects the values of the populace. In our school district, we have a program called care to learn. Teachers donate money each month from their paychecks to provide school supplies, shoes, coats and clothes to disadvantaged children. In my community, our church provides meals on wheels, pregnancy counseling, a thrift store, food banks, loving thy neighbor program, hundreds of thousands of dollars for missions and the list is endless.

That missions program allowed my brother to plant churches up a river in South America. Churches send mission groups to those churches to bring education, medical care, eye glasses and the list is seeming endless. Each place a church opens doors, people find healing and restoration by example. The only reason the church is not reaching the entire world with food, clothing and shelter is because the need never ends. At every turn, Christians are persecuted and mistreated. Even with this uphill battle, the work continues across our country and the world. Take away this influence and none of this would be happening. The ONLY thing holding this world together is Christian ministry. The only reason we enjoy the technologies we have today is because of the Bible being printed in many languages and accessible to the masses. When 70 million people fled Europe for freedom, it was because of the printing press and the Bible. Since that time, Christians have had more of a positive influence on this world than any other group. Jewish scientists have had more of an impact on discoveries than any other group. Subtract either influence and this world would still be in the dark ages under tyranny and severe hardship.

Again, the only thing holding back tyranny at present is the Christian influence on the world. Subtract the Christian influence and we would all be starving and slaves to barbarians. As we teeter on the edge of this type of tyranny, we can see what would happen if Christians were removed from the influence on world events. It would be easy for the average person to miss the truth behind this last paragraph as they enjoy the benefits that faith has brought to the world. Believe me, a day is coming when this influence will be taken away. When it is, the world will descend into the fire of hell over night. Say what you will, but keep an eye out for the Spirit being removed from this Earth shortly before Christ returns. The book of Revelation tells this story clearly. One man then sets all things right and makes his enemy a footstool.

What is the sign of this happening? The moneychangers tables being turned and the benches being turned on the ones selling doves. In other words, the financial tables are reversed and peacemakers have no rest. Do you see this today? When Jesus first entered the temple as King, he came in on a donkey. In other words, most did not notice. There was a group that did and they saw it as it happened. Shortly after, Jesus turned the tables and benches of his enemies.

1000 years of peace and prosperity follow when the NWO falls on its face. The world will wake to truth and that truth is simple. Give / Receive, but never take. Think of others first instead of self. Objectivism is exchanged for Altruism. Ayn Rand and her followers are seen for the scum they truly are. "Who is John Galt" is finally answered by flipping the switch on the tracks toward the correct question. We find out, "Who is Jesus Christ?" Once we know, the world is healed.

edit on 28-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Nice post, ahnggk!

By the way, which mission group do you belong to?

Any pictures, stories or links you can give us regarding the work you're involved in might be a good motivator for all.

<<   2 >>

join