It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ga. Murder Case Uncovers Terror Plot by Soldiers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Ga. Murder Case Uncovers Terror Plot by Soldiers

abcnews.go.com

Prosecutors say a murder case against four soldiers in Georgia has revealed they formed an anarchist militia within the U.S. military with plans to overthrow the federal government.

One of the accused troops, Pfc. Michael Burnett, pleaded guilty Monday to manslaughter and gang charges in the December slayings of former soldier Michael Roark and his girlfriend, 17-year-old Tiffany York.

Burnett told a Long County judge that Roark, who had just left the Army, knew of the militia group's pla
(visit the link for the full news article)

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm not to sure of what to think on this one, I find the timing to be mighty convenient with the recent detention of other veterans due to voicing their opinions.

If this is true I'm glad they uncovered this plot but I have seen a whole lot of demonization of American war vets by their own government recently so these "plots" that they "uncover" always leave me suspicious.

Could this be a fabricated plot to assassinate the president?

Prosecutor Isabel Pauley says the group bought $87,000 worth of guns and bomb-making materials and plotted to take over Fort Stewart, bomb targets in nearby Savannah and Washington state, as well as assassinate the president.

Who knows if this is true or not but I have a feeling we will be hearing about many more of these "plots" being uncovered in the near future.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: spelling

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Just goes to show you whats on the horizon.
I’m certain that this will not be the last story of this type.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I find it amazing that four junior enlisted think that they can take over a Military base much less overthrow the Government.

Can they cause havoc? Yep, but in doing so would bring the wrath of every law enforcement agency, to include the militaries down on their heads.

Of course this could be the tip a larger organization. Being young, they'll rat 'em out.

If Senior leadership were involved, then I would be nervous.

edit on 27-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: Coffee!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I wouldn't be suspicious of this story at all. This actually sounds like something that would legitimately happen.

Guarantee there is a much larger group that has some heavy hitters at the top.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

The one thing I find really stupid about this is the cause and effect aspect of these situations. If politicians weren't so almost-universally hated because of their deceit, criminal and treasonous activities they would not bring on these kinds of scenarios. I am not saying that assassination or any criminal response is a requisite condition or necessarily justifiable, but the system and the politicians are the authors of their own problems. If they were liked and respected, it would be a whole different story and the taxpayers would have to spend a lot less on security for what are presently nothing more than @ssclowns and meat puppets. This applies to any country or colony.

The system is broken, it needs to be rebuilt.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
That is a big claim, they were going to take over a fort, bomb multiple targets and assassinate the potus? uhh, best of luck??
I'm not "taking sides" until we get more info on this. S&F though, great post.
edit on 27-8-2012 by smashdem because: spelling/grammar

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I'm curious as to how four soldiers managed to accumulate $87,000 worth of weapons and bomb-making materials. Unless they hocked their collective gaming consoles and video games and DVDs, it boggles the mind that they were able to come up with a fraction of that kind of money.

This can only be the tip of something much larger.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
An "anarchist militia within the U.S. military?"

Sounds like prosecutorial spin to me.

I would wonder how they will postulate that a handful of non-NCO's were not going to be found out by the military's own security efforts... This cannot end well for anyone except the local prosecution who will no doubt make this the cornerstone of their future career aspirations.

But then, this is the media we are relying on here for information. The same media that takes a press release crafted by some official and print it under the guise of "investigate journalism."

According to some of the comments under the article this was a "white power" thing... but I can't see that reflected in the article so I have no idea if it's even an actual part of the story.

Of course, the idea that these four are radical "anarchists" bent on taking over Fort Stewart... the 3rd Infantry's garrison consisting of thousands of soldiers seems a stretch for even the most lurid of imaginations.

www.stewart.army.mil...

I suspect a narrative change will follow shortly.
edit on 27-8-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It is hardly unexpected. Our government uses young, idealistic lives as pawns in a pointless war that achieves nothing but reaping massive profits for the defense/intel sector, blows up the budget for generations and breeds morally justified hate among the innocent populations we occupy and destroy. Then we send these men and some women back, again and again and again until their psyches are shattered and memories loaded with all the crimes they've been ordered to commit, alongside the memories of their fellows having their limbs blown off or worse in front of their eyes. It ain't like they are fighting Hitler folks. There's no glory or national pride; the best they can hope for is to keep themselves and their buddies alive and have satisfaction that they made it back in one physical piece.

And then they return home to a country that likes to ignore there's even a war and certainly feels none of it. These men and women are then largely left alone to suffer because none of the sorry politicians gave much thought to the required aftermath of 4 and 5 tours; they just wanted to be able to tell their ignorant constituents how tough THEY were on terrorism. Many fine and decent and committed NGOs do their best to help, but they have limited scale. Obama has increased funding hugely for vets (with the hypocrites on the Right fighting against such funding at every turn), but it is not enough by far.

So it is inevitable that some number of these disillusioned and damaged souls do what they now do best, kill and plot to kill, taking their pain out on a government to "did it to them." It is sad and pathetic all around. I won't condone what they do, but I surely understand it.

Of course, now that same government will swoop in and collect these Made in America by America homegrown "terrorists" and do them further insult and injury. We reap what we sow.
edit on 27-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This is what happens when people get the Constitution flipped upside down and machines begin to try and create life.

the very notion of Militia being the creation and product of government employees illustrates that some people have been made to believe that the government is something in and of itself and is capable of bestowing life.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Starred

There is no way a few junior enlisted could have pulled anything close to their supposed plans. They lack to many critical skill sets to even think they have a chance.

That is of course assuming these guys were acting alone, $80,000 somthing dollars worth of equipment, doesn't sound like somthing that is within the price range a couple of privates. So it seems totally within reason to assume they are part of a larger group, or groups, seeing how they are military, information compartmentalization would be a no brainer already, making any upward mobility of an investigation all but impossible. Even if they were inclined to talk, which I would believe is not likely, they would only be able to squeal on those in their particular group. Seeing how they are young and low ranked, they would nt be trusted with any information of any importance anyway.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

It seems they funded their endeavors this way:

Pauley said Aguigui funded the militia using $500,000 in insurance and benefit payments from the death of his pregnant wife a year ago. Aguigui was not charged in his wife's death, but Pauley told the judge her death was "highly suspicious."

He also supposedly bought land in Washington state for a training camp and among other plans they were plotting to poison the states apple crop.
?????

Yeah, that'll show the government what-for,

As usual, the pieces here don't all add up.
It looks like the authorities got on to something and have decided to hype the event by adding other conspiracy-related items.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

If these four have just returned from a deployment and invested in the Thrift Saving Program and then pooled their money, then it is feasible that they accumulated the amount.

Also there are quite a few legal, but shady Loan businesses near every military base to get other funds that are needed. The Joes are warned away from them, but many still go anyway.

You are probably right about the compartmentalization though if there is senior leadership involved. If they were entrusted to murder someone and hold onto weapons and a large amount of cash then that will be where the Investigators start.

Investigators are good at that sort of thing. The investigators will sow distrust amongst this group and start them in fighting and then start the deals. They’ll talk all right.

And it may be no more than a group of kooks who think that they are saving America from itself. Definitely the wrong way to go about it though.

I think that we’ll know more eventually.

edit on 27-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: Spell check didn't work out so well this time

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Gee, I certainly hope that is not the case. It's hard to fathom how one would take the proceeds from a loved one's death to fund violence. That's just pathetic.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Well, I'm not really surprised. We live in an increasingly polarized country where people don't have to really get along. You can just go to your version of reality via the internet, or your tv channel of choice. Considering how polarized the general population is, what makes you think the military is somehow above all of that? The military is made up of citizens of this country. I expect they would have the same issues. As the economy falters extremism becomes more common. Heck, there were riots and bombings in the 30's when everything went south.

I've been around the military all my life, was born into it and married a solider to boot. This isn't anything new, back in the 90's it was neo-nazi's and now it's something else. Crazies all over the place, that's just how it is.
edit on 27-8-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Given that the first guy rolled so quick, and considering that the initial charges were for killing others to keep them from talking, I would guess that this doesn't go beyond the identified group. If there was senior military involved, I would expect this private to be far more worried about what they would do to him than in going to jail. He would, after all, be freed after the revolution.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Gator

Then again, he could have an “accident or fatal seizure” in the brig or at Ft. Leavenworth, if he makes it that far.

But I tend to agree with you. These were four stupid kids, who unfortunately were also soldiers. It may be bigger and I'm sure we'll find out more.

Not only did they take a life, they ruined their own as well, and negatively affected the lives of many others.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I am disgusted. I cannot believe this. I would not be surprised if they joined up in 2008 just so they could get the training. That's usually what these types do.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Considering how polarized the general population is, what makes you think the military is somehow above all of that?

What makes you think I actually said that

Anything is possible and I do not believe anyone is above committing any act, whether it being good or bad.

ETA: I also come from a large military family and undertand some of the points you are trying to make.
edit on 27-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join