It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Convention in Florida... Storm- shortened to stop Ron Paul???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hi everyone... just throwing this out there...

and i searched with multiple variants...

anyway, here i am, sleep-deprived and watching Al-Jazeera at 1.30am
and i have been watching the storm over the Florida Republican Convention

i hear the GOP Convention had its opening day cancelled and
how they now also want the wife of Romney to address the conference...

and i remember the recent ATS thread/s about how Ron Paul still wants to talk too,
but that TPTB were trying to stop him...

so, i just watched a news reporter standing on a beach in Florida, and it didnt look that bad...
even a boat sailed past...looked ok out there...

any news to the contrary from an actual local???

anyhow, so i started thinking how, maybe, the storm-shortening was to restrict the timetable
and now trying to fit in Mrs Romney too is just a further guarantee we will not get to hear from Ron Paul...

i am in Australia and still dont quite get how it works over there,
but it sure looks like the best candidate, Ron Paul, will not even get a speech ???

sorry but i am going to bed now, and wont be back for a few hours...
but was surprised that ATS hadnt got a thread about the shortening, with all the other connections...

so i just wanted to see if there was any opinion out there...?

is the storm really bad enough to warrant the convention being shortened...???

is there a chance it was a convenient opportunity to stop Ron Paul getting to have a say...???

nite nite

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The storm? What storm? It's just raining here, no wind gusts, just a nice rainy day. I'm actually sitting in my screened porch looking at a pair of birds playing around a tree.

Beats the 300 degree heat we've been having lately.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

Ron Paul was never scheduled to speak at the convention. They are doing a video montage in his honor but no speaking arrangement was made.

He is throwing his own convention of sort in Tampa at the same time, which as far as I know, will go on as planned.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

Stop him from doing what ? Nothing like he has done the entire time he has been in office ? There is nothing Dr. Paul can do so stop this junk now....really if he was going to do something other than endorse Mitt and Ryan then he would already have done it.

There is no way for him to earn the nomination and certainly no way he would win the election so just accept it and move on...enough of this stuff

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Oh, good Lord--and I ain't religous!

When will this stuff stop?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Ummm... I watched him speak last night on C-Span at the convention..

Attempted to find it on youtube.. no avail.. weird..

It may not have been at the Convention... may have.. All I know is it was the middle of the night and RP was on C-Span
edit on 27-8-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Anyone reading my posts know I'm no fan of the Right, but canceling Monday was a sensible thing to do. It turns out the weather is no big deal, but at the time it was called there was real potential to make things a little dangerous. I like it when people do the right thing and that's what the organizers did here.

I hope the convention goers spend lots of money here in our area. I hope they enjoy their visit. Conventions today are largely just rah rah events, but they follow a tradition that is long and worthy.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Romney had demanded that Ron Paul submit his speech in advance for him to approve the text of his message. Ron Paul refused, hence Ron Paul will not be speaking at the convention.

GOP convention committee also hastened the schedule to rush through the Romney nomination process.

Ron Paul has also declined to endorse Romney. Which makes him among a growing legion of Republicans that are either not endorsing Romney, or not bothering to go to the convention (with the exception of those who were forced to removed themselves from the convention due to the storm, such as Gov. Jindal and Gov. Scott)

Ron Paul declines to endorse Romney, spurns convention speaking slot

new topics

top topics

join