It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bizarre experience recently

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
okay so first off, this is legit and I have no reason to lie, secondly, I don't feel special for this, but am simply looking for an explanation.

so I have funky experiences every once in a while. one kind of these experiences is reoccurring. It happens at least a few times a year. I recall it starting off as a child, when I would meditate a lot.

it seems to happen these days after I'm aa bit too stressed, yet am still awake. like, my body is tired, but mind is still active. pretty sure it happens more when I've had a lot of caffeine in me, need to sleep, but can't fully fall into it.

basically I start to shift my consciousness, and then I start hearing many conversations happening concurrently. they're all stacked on top of each other. this is no demon, or angel stuff...it's actual conversations that i seem to be tapping into right in the middle of them. they don't seem to be voices I recognize...they're not talking to me...don't seem to realize I can hear them, etc...just seemingly random convos ...at least 5 of them...all happening at once...

I have learned to shift out of these to consciously process what's happening, and go back into it if I want to. It's as if my mind hits a certain frequency bandwith and I can now download all sorts of stuff. Crazy eh? Yea, I think so too.

So I'm wondering WTH is causing this? What does it really mean

So my main three thoughts are:

1. it's just subconscious chatter that I'm tapping into. this is always going on, but I don't get to actually hear it until I'm in a different state of consciousness. perhaps I'm more spit in my mind that I realize...okay, maybe...

2. my mind is acting like a receive or electronic information..i'm tapping into the telecom towers and overhearing actual convos happening in real time...I entertained this for a few moments, but seem to think this is highly unlikely, as virtually all convos are digital these days...yea, proly not the case then

3. actual ESP is going on here. I'm somehow tapping into an extra sense. no clue if we all have it, if it's just dormant in most...or talent in the few...I just don't know...

I always seem convinced it's either 2 or 3 directly after having the experience. It doesn't freak me out, or cause me to think I'm some sort of awesome person, it's just kinda matter of factly accepted, but I'm not entirely sure.

My mind is a bit boggled on this one. It would be awesome if I learned how to control these experneces to tune into just one convo at a time, but that's currently not the case. Sucks because I can't actually hear sentences and make out what they're saying, because it's so layered. I can hear up to two or three words of a particular convo before they're overpowered by more empahsis or what have you from another. I do know that all the voices are unrelated...they're all separate convos going on about different things.

What do you guys and gals think? Ask any questions you like. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

do you have plumbum fillings in your teeth ?

link   
I used to hear voices when I was younger & had no apparent shift in consciousness. The difference for me is that the voices were talking in a very strange language & made me feel horrible (like I needed to get a shower) whenever I heard them. I probably didn't hear the good type of voices or what you've heard. Hopefully someone can give you better insight.

link   
reply to post by icepack

never had a filling!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Are you familiar with sleep paralysis? Sounds somewhat familiar.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

yes, but I'm not paralyzed when it's happening. there is a very slight pull in that state where it's slightly difficult to come out of it, but it doesn't seem to be the same thing.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

basically I start to shift my consciousness, and then I start hearing many conversations happening concurrently. they're all stacked on top of each other. this is no demon, or angel stuff...it's actual conversations that i seem to be tapping into right in the middle of them. they don't seem to be voices I recognize...they're not talking to me...don't seem to realize I can hear them, etc...just seemingly random convos ...at least 5 of them...all happening at once...

Welcome to the multiverse as you slide through the veils that separate us.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun
reply to post by smyleegrl

yes, but I'm not paralyzed when it's happening. there is a very slight pull in that state where it's slightly difficult to come out of it, but it doesn't seem to be the same thing.

Then it's not sp. one thing ruled out!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKnight13
I used to hear voices when I was younger & had no apparent shift in consciousness. The difference for me is that the voices were talking in a very strange language & made me feel horrible (like I needed to get a shower) whenever I heard them. I probably didn't hear the good type of voices or what you've heard. Hopefully someone can give you better insight.

Thanks for the comment! I was wondering did the voices seem to be aware that you were hearing them? Did they seem to be directed at you? Could you talk to them and notice they respond, or stop for a second, or whatever?

Mine is totally passively observing, only. Strange what kind of experiences we're capable of having, eh?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You should not spit in your mind. The human mouth is full of all sorts of nasties.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

thanks i'll take that into consideration on thsi site...gramma police in full effect!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You are probably hearing residual audio imprints left on a different timeline when you are entering into in a higher frequency conscious state.
Or else, real-time conversations on that spiritual plane by spirits residing there.

The pineal gland opens when we enter a higher frequency state during rest/sleep that opens the consciousness to experiencing the spiritual world or other dimensions.
Here is some info on the pineal gland: www.crystalinks.com...
edit on 8/27/2012 by sled735 because: Add link

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

well that's an interesting perspective! not sure how much of that i really wan take in thou. I'm aware that the pineal gland synthesizes dimethyltryptamine from precursors more often as we doze off...maybe is related. it seems more reasonable to think it's just chatter, else ESP. dunno why. I'll think on it some.

thnx for the post!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'm going to vote for #1 here. It's happened to me and I think you have nailed the cause. You are physically ready to sleep, but your mind is still active and perhaps affected by caffeine, too. And, of course, add a little stress and there you are. You try to relax, but your mind races on. Much as I wish it were something special, I think it is just a racing mind. Your description certainly sounds like my experience, which happens to me about as often as you report. S&F because I can relate!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun
Thanks for the comment! I was wondering did the voices seem to be aware that you were hearing them? Did they seem to be directed at you? Could you talk to them and notice they respond, or stop for a second, or whatever?

Mine is totally passively observing, only. Strange what kind of experiences we're capable of having, eh?

I couldn't tell if there was any inflection or change in tempo since the language didn't sound like any type of human-based ones that I know of. I feel that the voices were in conversation with each other since they seemed to go back & forth. I wasn't able to talk with them since I didn't think about doing so when I was young.

I'd say my experiences were definitely strong with my ability to pick up many spiritual events around me. I don't know if it was all observation of them or invasive to my mind. I felt much disgust & anger towards these voices since they sometimes were very incessant & chaotic. I haven't had any episodes of hearing these particular voices for at least 22 years.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
thank you both kindly for the observations and experiences mentioned in your posts.

I'm a bit....caught in the end of a night...will respond more later.
edit on 28-8-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I have had similar experiences while meditating or falling asleep, I assumed it was auditory hallucinations related to hypnagogia but I can't be sure. To me it just sounds like jibberish, I can't understand any of what is being said except very, very rarely when one voice overpowers the rest for the time it takes to say a word or two. If I try to "tune in" and listen to it I snap out of it. Like you said it seems very passive and not directed at me. Sometimes it seems like the overpowering voice is for me but that could just be because it stands out. And again that is rare, I have had that happen maybe 3 or 4 times but I have heard the "chatter" many many times. Just sounds like 20 people all talking in a low voice at once.
edit on 29-8-2012 by duke396 because: add details

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
i would wonder about your hearing ability,, are you able to hear at a level others do not?
Have you had your hearing tested?
I wonder if maybe this is a replay. Maybe you during the course of the day , week, month 'hear' conversations that are in your immediate location. Super Hearing so to speak,, that plays back later when you are in a different state of mind.
Let's say you are out in the store,, and over 5 rows,, someone is talking with a friend,, while in the store you hear nothing, because your mind is focused on other things, talking to someone else, etc.

later your mind replays the convo that was taking place nearby to you earlier??? ONE THOUGHT.

Our minds are really filters that filter OUT things mostly,, so the things that hit us on a subconscious level and not strike our conscious mind may be replayed to determine if the information should be retained. if not the mind discards it. Most people have this happen immediately,, and you may have a delay in this ?? just a thought as I have had similar things happen,, and it took a while to figure out some of the conversations I heard where really happening around me,, and I just was not conscious of them at the time that they took place.

My other thought would be, as you touched upon,, Different Selves that reside inside you, that are breaking through during altered states somehow.

Could you give example of a conversation?

Very Interesting,, and frustrating I know.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hello,
Can you give us some specific and isolated examples of what the voices talk about?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Not possible. As stated, there are several conversations happening stacked on top of each other.

reply to post by EarthCitizen23

My actual hearing is becoming poor as the years go by. My auditory perception is a bit funky. I don't easily filter out sensory information in real life. A conversation 50 feet away can seem just as loud as one right in front of me at times.
edit on 1-9-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join