It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Rising from the West before the Sun rises from the West

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Great connection made there. I really enjoyed reading that ad midst current theology discussion. The people of Sumer had some really interesting things to say and when we push back to writings that far into our past I sense that it already a part of recorded history not something that is coming... or maybe a metaphor.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
That made the Jehovah's Witnesses seem like the Publishers Clearing House Prize Patrol.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
reply to post by SaturnFX

"Religion is a crutch for people whom require mind control in exchange for temporary comfort with the unknown. Glad it helps you, but lets not blow things up to further your personal comfort "

Obvisously you are intellectually disabled, Religion in it's purest form consists of living to a higher level of standards, which in return elevates mankind. However it is man that manipulates the word for their own gain.

If I am right, and the Bible is true. Then I pity those of you who claim God is false. If I am wrong, no harm is done, I have lived my life by a set of principles that have enriched the world and my children. I can't lose can you say the same.

Oh, but if you are wrong, chances are great that MUCH harm has been done.

We do not know of the possible future ramifications caused by Hu-mankinds complete lack of Spiritual evolution.

We have evolved in EVERY other aspect of OUR being and of the world in which we live. Not all of it is for the best, either. In fact, we are monsters of our own creation.

And it just may be that our only chance at prosperity and survival of our species may lie within a level of spiritual enlightenment never achieved, likely far beyond our current comprehension.

Our naive acceptance and indubitable devotion to what we've been told by our elders to be true, may be harmful.

Our tendency to easily accept a certain organized religion, rather than traveling your own personal spiritual path, may be harmful.

IMO, we are not only stuck in the past. We also are slowly spiraling downward into a spiritual quagmire of ignorance, deceit, delusion and hatred.

We are a race of Spiritual dimwits... and THAT... i'm afraid, MAY also be very, very harmful..

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofangels_17

I don't hate you. I don't hate anyone but I am still a non-believer in islam or any other religion.

When/if the end comes, it will be the religious folks kneeling in their holy places praying for salvation while the heavens fall on top of them.

Meanwhile the ones who are smart enough not to pray to some imaginary god and actually prepare and make their way to shelter will be the ones who survive.

Oh,but that dosen't matter I suppose, surviving isn't the point, being saved and going to paradise instead is more important. You might be all dead, but you'll be in heaven while the rest of us are still down here..lol

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

I don't hate you. I don't hate anyone but I am still a non-believer in islam or any other religion.

When/if the end comes, it will be the religious folks kneeling in their holy places praying for salvation while the heavens fall on top of them.

Meanwhile the ones who are smart enough not to pray to some imaginary god and actually prepare and make their way to shelter will be the ones who survive.

Oh,but that dosen't matter I suppose, surviving isn't the point, being saved and going to paradise instead is more important. You might be all dead, but you'll be in heaven while the rest of us are still down here..lol

If you don't hate me, there is hope for you.

The true believers will not witness the final cataclysm, their souls will be taken before that.

The ones who are smart enough in your opinion who will be hiding in underground bunkers will not escape God's punishment, even as in the Days of Noah. Their bunkers will be their grave. Because the whole Earth will be consumed by fire and will turn into a veritable Hell.

Being saved and going to Paradise is the only goal of mankind.

Adam and Eve were dwellers of Paradise but were thrown down to Earth which is as Hell compared to paradise, but God's wisdom in letting them taste Paradise is this.. so that their souls will yearn for it and so do the righteous among their descendants. God has promised to the children of Adam that whoever followed His guidance will come home to Paradise, their rightful inheritance.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

The First and the Last number, the First and the Last Messenger, the mirror of the First.

Chapter 19 of the Holy Qur'an, The number of the guardians of Hell, the Hosts of God.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Originally posted by queenofangels_17
God commands us not to fear anything or anyone, but to fear only Him.
The Prophets who never disobey God, fears Him the most.
So you have never been afraid of anything in your life? That is good, because they can do nothing to you except what God will allow.
However I exhort you to fear God and observe His Laws and follow the Path that He shows you in your communions with Him.
Those who fear Allah in this World has no need to fear Him in the Hereafter. But those who feel they are safe from Allah in this World will have cause to fear Him in the Hereafter.

Wow, where to start in this? "God commands us not to fear anything or anyone, but to fear only Him."
That's some god you've got there. Fear him? I don't think so. Honor him, yes. Respect him? Yes.
As for allah? I don't fear him in this world and I sure won't in the next.

Is your God the God of the Bible?

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man's all" (Ecclesiastes 12:13

But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him. Luke 12:5

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28

Allah is The God, who commanded these things.

Fear Him that He might give you Wisdom and appoint a light for you to walk safely through this world in preparation for the next.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wittgenstein
“Tell me what did the Prophet Muhammad proclaimed if you are Truthful?”
queenofangels_17

“Whoever knows himself knows God'”
Muhammad
Man is my mystery and I am his mystery, for I am he himself and he is also I myself' - Muhammad, Hadith Qudsi
FROM
www.iawwai.com...
Reminds me of,
“Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.”
1 Corinthians 13:12

edit on 27-8-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

Whoever knows himself knows God.

I know who I was and who I am, and my God is the God of Muhammad and the Prophets.

I asked you what he proclaimed if you are truthful, but you didn't answer it correctly.

There is no god but One God, Allah, and Muhammad is His Servant and Messenger.

“Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.”
1 Corinthians 13:12

Do you want to know the interpretation of this?

You said you loved Jesus' sayings, the secret words he taught to Thomas. Whoever finds the interpretation of this will not taste death.

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]."

What does he mean by this?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontlaughthink

I would like to say that I was wrong, when I said that the earth would have to stop and start turning the other way for us to see the morning sun in the west.

I got a ball and put a N...for north on top, then a S... for south on the bottom. Then I drew an arrow on it's equator pointing east.... for it's rotation.

I turned the ball so the S....for south was on top, and the arrow that was pointing east.... is now pointing west. Rotating in the opposite direction. (just try it yourself and you will see)

That makes what you say possible.

edit on 27-8-2012 by dontlaughthink because: to add
:
edit on 27-8-2012 by dontlaughthink because: to add

edit on 27-8-2012 by dontlaughthink because: (no reason given)

It takes a man with heart to admit he is wrong when he finds out his mistake.

God will have Mercy on you, if He wills.

God's word is certain destiny.

Peace!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Had a strange experience last night don't know if it was because we was talking about fearing god last night before i went to sleep , But i half woke up the middle of the night feeling really scared like there was somebody there but i could not wake up enough to look and see or do anything .
It felt like my life was in danger but i still could not wake up ,,

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Firewater

There is hope for the Spirit.

Believe in the One God, whoever errs will not harm you as long as you are rightly guided.

You will be judged for your own sins not your brother's.

Do good and refrain from evil and believe in One God, that is the straight path.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by seethetruth

Had a strange experience last night don't know if it was because we was talking about fearing god last night before i went to sleep , But i half woke up the middle of the night feeling really scared like there was somebody there but i could not wake up enough to look and see or do anything .
It felt like my life was in danger but i still could not wake up ,,

Your spirit is waking up from a deep sleep and beginning to see the things of the spirit.

There is an approaching doom, than man cannot see with his eyes but his spirit can feel it and therefore it become restless and feels like there is something hanging over his head or a feeling of dread that cannot be explained. Your spirit feels it and wants to escape the trap of your body. Awaken fully and be one with your spirit and put your trust in God, He is the Protector of those who put their trust in Him.

Beware of Satan and his minions, he would prefer you to stay in the sleep of the soul and perish with the sleepers who refuse to wake up.

Say, I seek refuge in the One God from the accursed Satan before you go to sleep and when you awake. Be steadfast and Praise God!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

It would really help the thread if you tried to keep up. She isn't talking for herself she is quoting what God said.

Keep up? With what? Someone talking at me about religion? Please do me a favour and realise that not everyone shares the belief in a god that demands obedience.

And for the record; what she is quoting are words written down by a man who said they were from god.

Now, if you can negate that statement with something other than rhetoric, I'm all ears.

Edit to add: perhaps it would benefit this prosletyzing "angel" if she learned to separate her words from those lifted from the Quran. That way ther'd be no confusion, would there?

edit on 28-8-2012 by Beamish because: additional content

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
Somehow I doubt that the translation of the Qu'ran would include those pseudo-embellishing words like "guideth", when modern language would say "guides". Anything else: have fun with another religion..

Your response is noted. Disbelievers will not be tolerated!

Yeah yeah yeah, we already know how intolerant islam is. You don't dictate what is tolerated on this website sugarpuss, much as you might like to.

Intolerant only for those who blapheme God, but merciful to the believers of One God, may they be Christian or Jews or any other religious denominations.

You are one of my exceptions, lonewolf. Jesus is not God, I have called on you too many times, but you persist in idolatry.

5:72 They surely disbelieve who say : Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. The Messiah (himself) said : O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Lo! whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah, for him Allah hath forbidden Paradise. His abode is the Fire. for evildoers there will be no helpers.

God will forgive any sin except this to whom He wills.

9:28 O ye who believe! The idolaters only are unclean. So let them not come near the Inviolable Place of Worship after this their year. If ye fear poverty (from the loss of their merchandise) Allah shall preserve you of His bounty if He will. Lo! Allah is Knower, Wise.

You can never believe me unless you turn back from this sin and cleanse yourself.

10:100 It is not for any soul to believe save by the permission of Allah. He hath set uncleanness upon those who have no sense.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
reply to post by buster2010

It would really help the thread if you tried to keep up. She isn't talking for herself she is quoting what God said.

Keep up? With what? Someone talking at me about religion? Please do me a favour and realise that not everyone shares the belief in a god that demands obedience.

And for the record; what she is quoting are words written down by a man who said they were from god.

Now, if you can negate that statement with something other than rhetoric, I'm all ears.

Edit to add: perhaps it would benefit this prosletyzing "angel" if she learned to separate her words from those lifted from the Quran. That way ther'd be no confusion, would there?

edit on 28-8-2012 by Beamish because: additional content

The Qur'an are God's Words and the Words I'm speaking to you now are also God's Words not my own. I'm just the pen.

If you want God to speak directly to you, beamish, clean your heart, purify it from all evil things that are hateful to God, scrape the rust from your heart with tears of repentance, and polish it with much remembrance of God and His blessings that He gives you every second, until it becomes like a mirror, then look at the mirror and tell me what you see.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

I'm really glad I stumbled upon your post. Since it is now 9:30pm I have almost seven hours to do terrible things and repent afterwards before the telltale Sun pops up. Following your rules I can continue that pattern ever evening until doomsday.
Also, what if your Mother was an a hole? Not every woman who gives birth is worthy of sainthood. Somewhere in the world there are children starving and crying because mom likes drugs more than her kids.
It is nonsense like your post which makes logical people rethink their religious positions. A god who requires you to worship someone who is unworthy, invisible or cruel isn't my cup of tea.
I say get it over with, living with an imaginary hammer over your head isn't really living, and besides, that crap really turns me on.
Where are my bacon bits????

A mother will always deserve Mercy from God and from the believers.

31:14 And We have enjoined upon man concerning his parents. His mother beareth him in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning is in two years. Give thanks unto Me and unto thy parents. Unto Me is the journeying.

46:15 And We have commended unto man kindness toward parents. His mother beareth him with reluctance, and bringeth him forth with reluctance, and the bearing of him and the weaning of him is thirty months, till, when he attaineth full strength and reacheth forty years, he saith: My Lord! Arouse me that I may give thanks for the favor wherewith Thou hast favored me and my parents, and that I may do right acceptable unto Thee. And be gracious unto me In the matter of my seed. Lo! I have turned unto Thee repentant, and lo! I am of those who surrender (unto Thee).

You did not understand my similitude because your heart is too heavy.

The Sun rising from the West will be seen by all men, including you. May God have Mercy on those who believe it before they see it.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Beneficent evangelism only to those who believe.
Promise of retribution from God to those who disbelieve.

Holy crap. Literally.

So, it’s believe or suffer? You do know that it’s the 21st century and not the 12th, don’t you?

Why does “god” demand my faith? What’s the point in that? So “he” can swat me if I don’t, like a naughty child? Lack. Of. Logic. Why would the “creator of the universe” get all uppity with something so insignificant in the grand scheme of things such as me?

Why not just create a race that wants to worship “him”, as opposed to allowing us to have the choice not to?

Does allah feel the need to vent his anger?

I will give you one more chance before I seal you.

Now, this is where I get confused with your wording; are you saying that, or are you quoting?

And what does “seal” mean. I can’t imagine it’s something nice. And if you are addressing me directly and not quoting, then what gives you the right to do it?

Look deep into your heart. If you have the faith the size of a mustard seed, I say in the name of Allah to open your eyes and ears and make you a believer.

Oh, I already have a faith of sorts that encompasses a multitude of ideas and concepts, one that makes sense to me and is based in the real world not matter how strange that world might be.

But it doesn’t involve a medieval approach to punishment if you don’t do as you’re told.

And I fully imagine that that sort of belief system – one that is personal and deeply considered – is anathema to “established” religions such as yours as they can’t control the way I think.

He will not change your condition unless you first change what is inside your heart.

There is nothing in my heart that I did not put there in the first place, therefore it is mine to change, cure or work upon as I see fit, not because a religion tells me to think a different way.

I have no problem with your belief, apart from the fanaticism element.

It’s yours and that’s fine, apart from the fanaticism element.

I don’t agree with it, and that’s my prerogative.

I am not trying to convert, frighten, cajole, bully, scare or bribe you into the way I think, so I’ll ask the same level of respect from you.

Then come back to me.

Here I am!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymousman

Peace be with you!

This Fear will be turned to Safety in the Hereafter, If Allah wills.

We have Fear of Allah because we have certainty of His Existence, we abstain from doing evil in public and in secret because we believe that even though we do not see Allah, He sees us and all our actions and hear our thoughts.

This is the perfection of Faith, do not lose hope because the time is coming that it will be as in the Days of the Prophet Muhammad (may Allah bless him and his purified progeny) , if Allah wills.

Be steadfast in faith and exhort others to do the same. For a thousand steadfast will conquer two thousand, and if the enemy attacks you suddenly Allah will send thousands of His angels sweeping on to Victory!

Give glad tidings to the believers.

edit on 28-8-2012 by queenofangels_17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

So you think that sins will not be punished by God? And that disbelivers will dwell in Paradise with the believers who kept God's words and avoided evil while they were alive? Is this your logic?

Let me answer you in a Parable which will benefit the believers who are here, but for the disbelievers they will not attain to the meaning because of the scales in their eyes.

`Behold, the sower went out to sow, whereupon as he sowed some of the seed fell upon the road, and this was trodden under foot of men and eaten up of birds; some fell upon the stones, hereupon when it sprang up, because it had no moisture, it was burnt up by the sun; some fell in the hedges, whereupon when it grew up the thorns choked the seed; and some fell on good ground, whereupon it bare fruit, even to thirty, sixty, and an hundredfold.'

`Behold, the father of a family sowed good seed in his field: whereupon, as the servants of the good man slept, the enemy of the man their master came and sowed tares over the good seed. Whereupon, when the corn sprang up, there was seen sprung up among the corn a great quantity of tares. The servants came to their master and said: "O sir, didst thou not sow good seed in thy field? Wherefore then is there sprung up therein a great quantity of tares?" The master answered: "Good seed did I sow, but while men slept the enemy of man came and sowed tares over the corn."`Said the servants: "Wilt thou that we go and pull up the tares from among the corn?"

`The master answered: "Do not so, for ye would pull up the corn therewith; but wait till the time of harvest cometh. For then shall ye go and pull up the tares from among the corn and cast them into the fire to be burned, but the corn ye shall put into my granary."

This is the Time of Harvest.

There are two kinds of seals.

The believers are sealed with faith who believe in my testimony. "There is no god but One, Allah, and Muhammad is His Messenger."

The other seal is that for the disbeliever which is the three letters K F R.

In whose authority you ask? In God's authority in whose hand is my soul.

"2Then I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God. And he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea, 3 saying, 'Do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees till we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads.' 4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed." Rev 7:2-4

These four angels are holding the four winds, and though now I'm blowing the trumpet yet you hear no sound, because of these angels, but when I have finished sealing the Elect of God from the Children of Israel, will the trumpets blow and the tribulations such as this World has never seen and will ever see again. Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Is your God the God of the Bible?

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man's all" (Ecclesiastes 12:13

But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him. Luke 12:5

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28

Allah is The God, who commanded these things.

Fear Him that He might give you Wisdom and appoint a light for you to walk safely through this world in preparation for the next.

I really don't see how the leader of a cult can be a god and that's the way I see islam/muslims are, a cult that still has stone age beliefs(ie, the way women are treated) and does not have the willingness to evolve with the times. My image of God is one that does not rule through fear and intimadation, but is a guide that rules through trust, love/compassion and understanding.
edit on 28-8-2012 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join