It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Rising from the West before the Sun rises from the West

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lostmymarbles

i understand what you are saying and i think belief is more powerful that just faith ,
you seem to make alot of sence for someone who has lost his marbles

edit on 27-8-2012 by seethetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I agree Lostmymarbles! My favorite Gnostic gospel is en.wikipedia.org... .

39. Jesus said, "The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so.
113 "It will not come by watching for it. It will not be said, 'Look, here!' or 'Look, there!' Rather, the Father's kingdom is spread out upon the earth, and people don't see it." (Similar to www.biblegateway.com...) # 3 ( Gospel of Thomas) “Rather, the (Father's) kingdom is within you and it is outside you.”
2 Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all.
3 When you know yourselves, then you will be known, * and you will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."
5. Jesus said, "Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you.
6. His disciples asked him and said to him, "Do you want us to fast? How should we pray? Should we give to charity? What diet should we observe?"
Jesus said, "Don't lie, and don't do what you hate, because all things are disclosed before heaven. After all, there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed, and there is nothing covered up that will remain undisclosed."
FROM
www.gnosis.org...
*Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
1 Corinthians 13:12
www.biblegateway.com...

edit on 27-8-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

Originally posted by queenofangels_17
reply to post by Sauron

Illusion of Knowledge is nothing but an opinion. But Knowledge that comes from God is Wisdom, none attains to it except the God-fearing.

We raise by grades (of mercy) whom We will, and over every lord of knowledge there is one more knowing.

2:269 He giveth wisdom unto whom He will, and he unto whom wisdom is given, he truly hath received abundant good. But none remember except men of understanding.

What is with people and fearing god? Fearing god is wierd to me. It is like fearing the planet I am walking on. Why should I fear something that wants me to make a symbiotic personal connection with it and helps me seek answers for my question about how reality and the human mind works internaly so that I can better myself and gives me joy and calmness?

God commands us not to fear anything or anyone, but to fear only Him.

The Prophets who never disobey God, fears Him the most.

So you have never been afraid of anything in your life? That is good, because they can do nothing to you except what God will allow.

However I exhort you to fear God and observe His Laws and follow the Path that He shows you in your communions with Him.

Those who fear Allah in this World has no need to fear Him in the Hereafter. But those who feel they are safe from Allah in this World will have cause to fear Him in the Hereafter.

5:28Even if thou stretch out thy hand against me to kill me, I shall not stretch out my hand against thee to kill thee, lo! I fear Allah, the Lord of the Worlds.

Cain did not fear God and he killed his brother through envy. Abel who feared God is safe from God in the Hereafter but Cain has need to fear God.

Only true union with God can give you joy and calmness in this life, and we achieve this true union by worshipping Him in the way that He wants to be worshiped.

8:2 They only are the (true) believers whose hearts feel fear when Allah is mentioned, and when the revelations of Allah are recited unto them they increase their faith, and who trust in their Lord;

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
interesting read. I have often questioned the contention amongst the three Abrahamic faiths. What do you mean in the end of your thread when you say you are number 19?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seethetruth

You should tell that to my brother and girlfriend lol

I've found most of my marbles but there are still some that are lost to me. Each and everyday though is a new day that allows me to discover/rediscover myself and my true potential.

This website is one of those things that have helped me in my journey. There are so many different view points here and many individuals that challenge my thought process, which in turn helps me find out more about myself.

I normally don't post or respond to posts on here but on occasion I found myself unable to resist in putting out my 2 cents.

I am a research freak, and this site has helped open my eyes to things I never knew about or would ever bother to have thought about. The key for me, is asking the right questions.

This topic caught my eye and I just felt compelled to discuss my point of view, whether it be right or wrong, hopefully it helps others find their marbles as it has helped me find some of mine.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I apologize for being philosophically www.merriam-webster.com...* However, I believe that the Gospel of Thomas (obviously influenced by Platonism, as was Jesus) is what Derrida was talking about!!!
www.youtube.com...
PS; I am not saying that Derrida influenced Jesus! Come on ya crazy guys!!! www.youtube.com...

* What kind of a dang deal is this??!!! merriam-webster thinks "obtuse" is not a word?!!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wittgenstein

You have a period at the end of the word, that is why it cannot find it

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
“What do you mean in the end of your thread when you say you are number 19?”
ezekielken
Seriously, I never said that! If I were to pick a number I’d pick 42!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
“You have a period at the end of the word, that is why it cannot find it”
Lostmymarbles
Thanks!
Sometimes when posting at ATS I feel like Special Ed calling Hitler!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
nvm, I should keep my religious opinions to myself

edit on 27-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
queenofangels_17 worships a demon ( I am speaking metaphorically, he worships the exact opposite of what Mohammed proclaimed). Similarly, Christian fundamentalists belong to the cult of the anti-Christ as they worship an image of Christ that is the exact opposite of what Christ proclaimed.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wittgenstein

queenofangels_17 worships a demon ( I am speaking metaphorically, he worships the exact opposite of what Mohammed proclaimed). Similarly, Christian fundamentalists belong to the cult of the anti-Christ as they worship an image of Christ that is the exact opposite of what Christ proclaimed.

Tell me what did the Prophet Muhammad proclaimed if you are Truthful?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

God commands us not to fear anything or anyone, but to fear only Him.
The Prophets who never disobey God, fears Him the most.
So you have never been afraid of anything in your life? That is good, because they can do nothing to you except what God will allow.
However I exhort you to fear God and observe His Laws and follow the Path that He shows you in your communions with Him.
Those who fear Allah in this World has no need to fear Him in the Hereafter. But those who feel they are safe from Allah in this World will have cause to fear Him in the Hereafter.

Wow, where to start in this? "God commands us not to fear anything or anyone, but to fear only Him."
That's some god you've got there. Fear him? I don't think so. Honor him, yes. Respect him? Yes.
As for allah? I don't fear him in this world and I sure won't in the next.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
“Tell me what did the Prophet Muhammad proclaimed if you are Truthful?”
queenofangels_17

“Whoever knows himself knows God'”
Muhammad
Man is my mystery and I am his mystery, for I am he himself and he is also I myself' - Muhammad, Hadith Qudsi
FROM
www.iawwai.com...
Reminds me of,
“Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.”
1 Corinthians 13:12

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Note that when I claim that everyone is God, I am not en.wikipedia.org... ing. I am not claiming that deep inside www.biblegateway.com... there is a www.fanpop.com... throwing thunderbolts! God is everywhere and thinking you are Zeus ( ego) separates you from the divine!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofangels_17

I would like to say that I was wrong, when I said that the earth would have to stop and start turning the other way for us to see the morning sun in the west.

I got a ball and put a N...for north on top, then a S... for south on the bottom. Then I drew an arrow on it's equator pointing east.... for it's rotation.

I turned the ball so the S....for south was on top, and the arrow that was pointing east.... is now pointing west. Rotating in the opposite direction. (just try it yourself and you will see)

That makes what you say possible.

edit on 27-8-2012 by dontlaughthink because: to add
:
edit on 27-8-2012 by dontlaughthink because: to add

edit on 27-8-2012 by dontlaughthink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
“I turned the ball so the S....for south was on top, and the arrow that was pointing east.... is now pointing west. Rotating in the opposite direction. (just try it yourself and you will see)”
dontlaughthink
magnetic reversal www.nasa.gov... has nothing to do with the earth flipping. Also, there is no "up" or "down" in space.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wittgenstein

I knew it. I just wanted to see why the op's number was off by 23...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
Somehow I doubt that the translation of the Qu'ran would include those pseudo-embellishing words like "guideth", when modern language would say "guides". Anything else: have fun with another religion..

Your response is noted. Disbelievers will not be tolerated!

Yeah yeah yeah, we already know how intolerant islam is. You don't dictate what is tolerated on this website sugarpuss, much as you might like to.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofangels_17

I'm really glad I stumbled upon your post. Since it is now 9:30pm I have almost seven hours to do terrible things and repent afterwards before the telltale Sun pops up. Following your rules I can continue that pattern ever evening until doomsday.
Also, what if your Mother was an a hole? Not every woman who gives birth is worthy of sainthood. Somewhere in the world there are children starving and crying because mom likes drugs more than her kids.
It is nonsense like your post which makes logical people rethink their religious positions. A god who requires you to worship someone who is unworthy, invisible or cruel isn't my cup of tea.
I say get it over with, living with an imaginary hammer over your head isn't really living, and besides, that crap really turns me on.
Where are my bacon bits????

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join