It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Rising from the West before the Sun rises from the West

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

But those same things can be found in the Bible.

Was there not a city mentioned in the Bible in which all men, women, children and animals were killed for not believing in the word of God? It is in the Old Testament.

Jericho?

Stories such as this is found throughout the Old Testament just as it is found in the other holy books.

You choose to look negatively at other religions when the same is written in the holy book of your religion?

It is best not to look for the bad but to get the good, as you said with Jesus' teachings and how Jesus lived his life.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrzYma
reply to post by SaturnFX

for what I know... some humans with no knowledge of physics at all have found some kind of "creator" to explain all that Snip it they did not known and couldn't understand themself
Some other humans who were stupid enough to believe the first one on "how it all woks" scratched some text somewhere and other little smarter humans saw the "power" in this so called "god words" and made the most violent institution out of it.. religion
edit on 27-8-2012 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 27/8/2012 by Sauron because: edit profanity Circumvention

From my point of view quantom mechanics are with quantom jump and slit experiment starting to understand what spiritual people have said for thousands of years. Seek thruth everywhere with an opened and questioning mind and see thru all conditioning be it from science/religon or any other social grouping that is limiting understanding.

edit on 27-8-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofangels_17

Originally posted by yyzyyz123

reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Just be strong in your Faith, the believers have no need to fear.

Praise be to Allah, the Keeper of Promise.

Allah will perfect His light and the light of the Believers, insha'Allah!

wow,you must be a blast to hangout with on a saturday night.you seem so open and light hearted,a real bundle of fun.

57:13 On the day when the hypocritical men and the hypocritical women will say unto those who believe: Look on us that we may borrow from your light! it will be said: Go back and seek for light! Then there will separate them a wall wherein is a gate, the inner side whereof containeth mercy, while the outer side thereof is toward the doom.

Boasting or bragging is the act of making an ostentatious speech.[1] It is considered a vice by such major religious groups as Christianity,[2] Islam,[3] Hinduism,[4] and Buddhism.[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
reply to post by Lostmymarbles

The quoting of Muhammed as articulated in the quran is my point, yes I believe in GOD but he has never been referred to as "allah" again the quran and it's teachings particularly in dealing with non-believers and women is disturbing to me and is not the message of love and peace that Jesus taught.

My opinion.

its down to interpretation again some Muslims think it is right to do honour killings but the majority don't its how some have interpreted the words ,

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lostmymarbles
reply to post by Char-Lee

Just read it but it seems kinda odd. They didn't give verses from where these stories come from, at least not for all of them.

Stories such as this though are common in the old testament. I believe Abraham had several wives or at least one wive and several slave girls for which he had to help spread his seed. And I believe there is also the part where he sleeps with the Temple prostitute, which has always been hard for me to picture them having such an individual solely for the Temples.

There is also the story of Mary being a prostitute and Jesus' wive.

What it all comes down to is who wrote these stories and for what propose?

If these are true then it would be sad, but it should not take away from the message of God and what God has given us. To separate yourself from God because of a bad apple is a terrible thing to do.

To downplay another religion because of something as trivial as this, which cannot be proved 100% is another sad thing and the only loser would be the individual who walks away from God because of doubts cast about them by outside stuff that has no bearing on the true meaning of God or Gods love for us all.

Mary of Magdala was not a prostitute, she was one of Jesus' devoted disciples, and one whom Jesus loved.

God will unite all those who love Him.

Do not separate from God and His rope to mankind which are the Prophets.

They brought only one message, Worship the True God, and obey the Messengers!

Peace to those who overcome!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
“it is supposed to be that the north is going to shift to the south and south to north that's how big of a shift they are saying it is going to be , not just the difference between true north and magnetic north..”
seethetruth
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lostmymarbles
reply to post by Char-Lee

Just read it but it seems kinda odd. They didn't give verses from where these stories come from, at least not for all of them.

Stories such as this though are common in the old testament. I believe Abraham had several wives or at least one wive and several slave girls for which he had to help spread his seed. And I believe there is also the part where he sleeps with the Temple prostitute, which has always been hard for me to picture them having such an individual solely for the Temples.

There is also the story of Mary being a prostitute and Jesus' wive.

What it all comes down to is who wrote these stories and for what propose?

If these are true then it would be sad, but it should not take away from the message of God and what God has given us. To separate yourself from God because of a bad apple is a terrible thing to do.

To downplay another religion because of something as trivial as this, which cannot be proved 100% is another sad thing and the only loser would be the individual who walks away from God because of doubts cast about them by outside stuff that has no bearing on the true meaning of God or Gods love for us all.

Mary of Magdala was not a prostitute, she was one of Jesus' devoted disciples, and one whom Jesus loved.

God will unite all those who love Him.

Do not separate from God and His rope to mankind which are the Prophets.

They brought only one message, Worship the True God, and obey the Messengers!

Peace to those who overcome!

My point on posting that is that we should not believe all the negative attributes associated with certain historical figures, but instead we should look into the message that they are trying to convey and the meaning of those messages.

History has shown us that many individuals with their own motivations would do anything to tarnish the image of others, whether it is in their timeline or before their time in order to farther their own agenda. Stories are stories and we should not take them into heart. Only to keep an open mind and not let it take away from the true meaning or message of what is being said.
edit on 27-8-2012 by Lostmymarbles because: spelling

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by yyzyyz123

reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Just be strong in your Faith, the believers have no need to fear.

Praise be to Allah, the Keeper of Promise.

Allah will perfect His light and the light of the Believers, insha'Allah!

wow,you must be a blast to hangout with on a saturday night.you seem so open and light hearted,a real bundle of fun.

57:13 On the day when the hypocritical men and the hypocritical women will say unto those who believe: Look on us that we may borrow from your light! it will be said: Go back and seek for light! Then there will separate them a wall wherein is a gate, the inner side whereof containeth mercy, while the outer side thereof is toward the doom.

Boasting or bragging is the act of making an ostentatious speech.[1] It is considered a vice by such major religious groups as Christianity,[2] Islam,[3] Hinduism,[4] and Buddhism.[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

This verse is a parallel to the parable of the Virgins in the Bible.

Whoever waits and watches for the Returning One, with faith will attend the Wedding!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wittgenstein

so when and if it does move the earth will stay were it is just the magnetic north and south will change ?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Exactly. In the end you must trust your heart, because God has put a light there to guide you.

Fear God and love Him as He should be loved and He will give descrimination between right and wrong and Truth from falsehood.

Peace!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me why faith is a good thing? As I argued in a recent post,

I have never understood faith and why it is a good thing. Suppose I am a child and live with my brother. Upstairs is a room that is locked and no sound comes from it. My brother tells me that I should have faith that our father is alive and lives in that room.Everyday criminals break in, steal our stuff and beat us up. My brother tells me that I should have faith that our father loves us and is not leaving the room to help us because its in our best interest, its just that we don't know why he doesn't leave the room or say anything. After ten years Dad comes out of the room and says to my brother, " Both of you are good people. However I only love you because you had faith that I existed but your brother will be tortured for eternity because he had doubts that I was in the room."

queenofangels_17’s position is that we are slaves. O.K. I can see why an earthly king or dictator would want us to be slaves. But God?! When I see an ant (hopefully obviously inferior to me) I do not demand that he worship me! I think that queenofangels_17’s idea of God is hopelessly en.wikipedia.org... and shows a total misunderstanding of the Koran.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

15:8 We send not down the angels save with the Fact, and in that case the disbelievers would not be tolerated.

Read the message before.

It is one of my signs, no believer can hate me.

Only Hypocrites and disbelievers can hate me.

Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds!

quran.com...

Sahih International
We do not send down the angels except with truth; and the disbelievers would not then be reprieved.
Muhsin Khan
We send not the angels down except with the truth (i.e. for torment, etc.), and in that case, they (the disbelievers) would have no respite!
Pickthall
We send not down the angels save with the Fact, and in that case (the disbelievers) would not be tolerated.
Yusuf Ali
We send not the angels down except for just cause: if they came (to the ungodly), behold! no respite would they have!
Shakir
We do not send the angels but with truth, and then they would not be respited.
Dr. Ghali
In no way do We send down the Angels except with the Truth; and lo, in no way would they (The disbelievers) be respited.

The word: (what is true) in: (illa bi al-haqq: translated as 'except with what is true') means the decision to send down punishment. Some commentators take them to be denoting the Qur'an, or prophethood. In Bayan al-Qur'an, preference has been given to the first meaning which has been reported from al-Hasan al-Basri. Maulana Ashraf 'Ali Thanavi has explained these verses as given below.
And these disbelievers (of Makkah) said to the Holy Prophet Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam: Peace be upon him: "O you to whom the Qur'an has been revealed, (as you claim, then,) you are certainly (God forbid) insane (and your claim to prophethood is false, otherwise) why would you not bring the angels to us (who will testify your truthfulness before us - as in Surah Al-Furqan: : 'Why is not an angel sent down unto him, to be a warner with him? [25:7] which is answered by Allah ta'ala
We send down the angels (in the manner asked by them) only to enforce a decision (and had that been the case) then they would have been given no respite either (in fact, when they would have not believed even after their having come - as their ways guarantee - they would have been destroyed instantly, the reason for which has already appeared in the later verses of the first section of Surah Al-An'am: 6:8,9).

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Sauron

Illusion of Knowledge is nothing but an opinion. But Knowledge that comes from God is Wisdom, none attains to it except the God-fearing.

We raise by grades (of mercy) whom We will, and over every lord of knowledge there is one more knowing.

2:269 He giveth wisdom unto whom He will, and he unto whom wisdom is given, he truly hath received abundant good. But none remember except men of understanding.

What is with people and fearing god? Fearing god is wierd to me. It is like fearing the planet I am walking on. Why should I fear something that wants me to make a symbiotic personal connection with it and helps me seek answers for my question about how reality and the human mind works internaly so that I can better myself and gives me joy and calmness?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by seethetruth

Originally posted by DOLCOTT

The quoting of Muhammed as articulated in the quran is my point, yes I believe in GOD but he has never been referred to as "allah" again the quran and it's teachings particularly in dealing with non-believers and women is disturbing to me and is not the message of love and peace that Jesus taught.

My opinion.

its down to interpretation again some Muslims think it is right to do honour killings but the majority don't its how some have interpreted the words ,

Allah encourages believers to forgo vengeance in exchange for expiation for their sins.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
“so when and if it does move the earth will stay were it is just the magnetic north and south will change ?”
seethetruth
Correct! However, we will have to adjust our compass!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

What is with people and fearing god? Fearing god is wierd to me. It is like fearing the planet I am walking on. Why should I fear something that wants me to make a symbiotic personal connection with it and helps me seek answers for my question about how reality and the human mind works internaly so that I can better myself and gives me joy and calmness?

Fear God is an important aspect of Islam and comes many times in Quran. Now the question arises what is fear God? And how is God to be feared? Is he to be feared like someone fears a bully? The way someone fears a lion? We can’t give our own definition to term “fear God” when God has given an example to explain the concept in Quran.

Fearing God is the attitude “Even if you try to kill me I shall not do the same to you for I Fear Allah” Quran (5:27).
This is the essence of “Fear God” ie “even if you try to kill me I shall not do the same to you” as Abel told his brother I am doing this for I “Fear God”!!!! Imagine this is Islam, these verses are one of the unofficially black listed verses which our muslim scholars never speak of!!! Sick they are.

Thus the Sharia law of Islam would be “if someone hates you, you can’t hate him, if someone slaps you, you can’t slap him, if someone curses you, you can’t curse him, for you fear Allah, for you fear God”, sick are our scholars who follow the dajjal rather than the clear verses and have destroyed the legacy of prophets.

Fearing God made score God-2, Satan-0 as Abel went to paradise and cain repented in end. Wherever in Quran comes Fear God it is this attitude God is talking about.
Example, after Abel and Cain incident comes, “For this reason” (See Topic Law of Qisas- A Tribute to Abel by Allah), then comes again in, (5:35)-“Believers Fear God and seek ways to come close to Him and strive for the cause.”
So the verse means, (5:35) – “Believers Fear God (like Abel) and seek ways to come close to Him (Like Abel did) and strive for His cause (Like Abel did and made score God 2, Satan 0.)”

Fear God comes twice in less than 10 Ayats in verse 28 and then in verse 35 and after this God doesn’t give us another example of Fear of God in the Quran. But now we will read Quran, read Fear God, but then we never become like Abel and find reasons from the religion itself to not be like Abel, woe to us, woe to us.

“You will follow inch by inch cubit cubit ways of people of Book.” – hadith.

(3:100)- “O you who believe if you listen to a faction among the people of the Book they would indeed render you apostates after you have believed… O you who believe fear Allah as He should be feared (not fear Him as He shouldn’t be feared but as He should be feared) and die not except in state of Islam (Magicians of Pharaoh, Abel)…He joined your hearts in love so that by His grace you become brothers and you were on the brink of pit of Fire and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah make His signs clear.”

O Allah make it clear to all for to explain this verse is indeed big for me but not for you. People don’t understand My Lord, truly people don’t understand.
Read this
harunyahya.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

You are both correct and wrong at the same time.

Allah is indeed the word for God in Arabic as Arab Christians and Jews call God, Allah.

In Aramaic it is Elaha.

Allah is also God's proper name. God in Arabic is also known as ilah and Al is the prefix The, therefore Allah means THE GOD, the One God.

Say, He is The God, Allah, The One.

Instead of Say he is Ilah, the One.

Only the ignorant denies that Allah and the God of other religions are not the same.

edit on 27-8-2012 by queenofangels_17 because: (no reason given)

Cool. Seem Islam understand it better from my point of view than I thought but that is a fault of me and the bad translations probably of the your holy book. I am sure if I knew the language it was written in I would be able to see ONE there hidding
. The ONE that is All(ah). Almost worked. hihihihihi

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wittgenstein
Can anyone tell me why faith is a good thing? As I argued in a recent post,

I have never understood faith and why it is a good thing. Suppose I am a child and live with my brother. Upstairs is a room that is locked and no sound comes from it. My brother tells me that I should have faith that our father is alive and lives in that room.Everyday criminals break in, steal our stuff and beat us up. My brother tells me that I should have faith that our father loves us and is not leaving the room to help us because its in our best interest, its just that we don't know why he doesn't leave the room or say anything. After ten years Dad comes out of the room and says to my brother, " Both of you are good people. However I only love you because you had faith that I existed but your brother will be tortured for eternity because he had doubts that I was in the room."

queenofangels_17’s position is that we are slaves. O.K. I can see why an earthly king or dictator would want us to be slaves. But God?! When I see an ant (hopefully obviously inferior to me) I do not demand that he worship me! I think that queenofangels_17’s idea of God is hopelessly en.wikipedia.org... and shows a total misunderstanding of the Koran.

I see what you mean, because I was on that same path years ago. What changed my perception was I opened my mind to the many different possibilities and probabilities in this world and the next.

I tend not to look at it so much as in "faith" but in "belief", which is actually quite different, at least to me it is.

Belief is more concrete to me, by what is all around us. Nature, animals, and caring individuals that surround my life.

You can have faith in something but do you believe in it? That is why I tend to use the term "belief" rather then "faith". Until you believe in something, it is hard to have faith in it. There must be something there first, a foundation for you to put your faith in.

Your story shows this, in that the brother believes his father is in the other room and due to this belief his faith is stronger then that of his brother who holds no belief but just follows the word of his brother. The other brother should instead believe in his brother's guidance and through this belief he would have faith in what is being said.

Which is why there have been "messengers" throughout the ages to help others find their way.

Does that make any sense, lol it sounded so much better in my head. Things like this can be difficult to explain, which is where most people tend to get loss or lose interest.
edit on 27-8-2012 by Lostmymarbles because: spelling

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Fear/love ( a God fearing man does not love God) is a en.wikipedia.org... It is not part of the Koran or the Bible. Unfortunately, both books were co-opted and corrupted into a slave mentality. Originally, the Koran and Bible talked of an experience of God. Then because of the powerful elite’s desire for power , both books became dissertations on obedience, the opposite of www.biblegateway.com... !
PS; I have no idea why this happens!!! Click on the Wiki site, then on “search for double bind” then click on the site at the top “ double bind”!

edit on 27-8-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wittgenstein
Fear/love ( a God fearing man does not love God) is a en.wikipedia.org... It is not part of the Koran or the Bible. Unfortunately, both books were co-opted and corrupted into a slave mentality. Originally, the Koran and Bible talked of an experience of God. Then because the powerful elite’s desire for power , both books became dissertations on obedience, the opposite of www.biblegateway.com... !
PS; I have no idea why this happens!!! Click on the Wiki site, then on “search for double bind” then click on the site at the top “ double bind”!

You should read the "Forbidden" books or "Lost Texts", things that were kept out of the Bible and other holy books. Such as the Book of Enoch. It might help or might make things more confusing, but the overall message is:

Treat others as you would treat yourself. Be kind and forgiving and help those that you can and ask nothing in return.

At least that is what I have gotten out of reading the holy books and other books.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join