It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Rising from the West before the Sun rises from the West

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lostmymarbles

Originally posted by nobody you know
There is only one God and His name is YHWH, NOT "Allah". You will soon find this out. Of course, me writing this to you will not change your heart, but I want to wash my hands of any responsibility of you ending up in hell. I hope you find this out yourself before it is too late.

Had to scratch my head when I read this, but I'm pretty sure "Allah" is not a name for God, but is actually the word "God" in another language.

God = English/Afrikaans/Dutch
Dios = Spanish
Allah = Arabic
Deu = French
Got = German
Dym = Cornish
Elohim/Eloah = Hebrew

And so on. It's just saying the word "God" in a different language and not an actual name.

If I am wrong please correct me but I do not believe I am.

Sadly this thought pattern portrayed by your post in thinking "Allah" is a name is widespread. People tend to forget that people speak different languages and words do not sound the same when said in another language.
edit on 27-8-2012 by Lostmymarbles because: (no reason given)

no you are right allah is arabic for god

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
“Promise of retribution from God to those who disbelieve.”
queenofangels_17
That is an obvious example of en.wikipedia.org...

I have never understood faith and why it is a good thing. Suppose I am a child and live with my brother. Upstairs is a room that is locked and no sound comes from it. My brother tells me that I should have faith that our father is alive and lives in that room.Everyday criminals break in, steal our stuff and beat us up. My brother tells me that I should have faith that our father loves us and is not leaving the room to help us because its in our best interest, its just that we don't know why he doesn't leave the room or say anything. After ten years Dad comes out of the room and says to my brother, " Both of you are good people. However I only love you because you had faith that I existed but your brother will be tortured for eternity because he had doubts that I was in the room."

“Islam is the only religion that prophesies that the sun will rise from the West, instead of from rising from the East, in the the End Times, before Day of Judgment.”
queenofangels_17
OK queeno fangels ( A queen with fangs? Just joking, as I am sure you are also, pretending to be Muslim!)
When the Earth’s rotation reverses en.wikipedia.org... will cause everything on earth to be destroyed , physical objects will continue their motion and collide with other physical objects and for a brief moment ( since without the effect that counteracts earth’s gravity) everything will be crushed! Anyway, if such a remarkable thing happens ( that defies logic* ) I will become a fundamentalist Muslim. But until then I will remain my obnoxious and www.merriam-webster.com... self!
* Since everyone will be destroyed there will be no witness and your post implies that there will be.

edit on 27-8-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofangels_17

Originally posted by Socrato
Praise be to Allah

Say, Allahuakbar!

Allah has promised, verily I and My Messengers will conquer!

If with love, spirit, reason and understanding then I agree. Maybe we need a harvest to separate but that is not a good thing from my point of view. It is what it is I guess.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofangels_17

There is only one God and His name is YHWH, NOT "Allah". You will soon find this out. Of course, me writing this to you will not change your heart, but I want to wash my hands of any responsibility of you ending up in hell. I hope you find this out yourself before it is too late.

Had to scratch my head when I read this, but I'm pretty sure "Allah" is not a name for God, but is actually the word "God" in another language.

God = English/Afrikaans/Dutch
Dios = Spanish
Allah = Arabic
Deu = French
Got = German
Dym = Cornish
Elohim/Eloah = Hebrew

And so on. It's just saying the word "God" in a different language and not an actual name.

If I am wrong please correct me but I do not believe I am.

Sadly this thought pattern portrayed by your post in thinking "Allah" is a name is widespread. People tend to forget that people speak different languages and words do not sound the same when said in another language.

You are both correct and wrong at the same time.

Allah is indeed the word for God in Arabic as Arab Christians and Jews call God, Allah.

In Aramaic it is Elaha.

Allah is also God's proper name. God in Arabic is also known as ilah and Al is the prefix The, therefore Allah means THE GOD, the One God.

Say, He is The God, Allah, The One.

Instead of Say he is Ilah, the One.

Only the ignorant denies that Allah and the God of other religions are not the same.

edit on 27-8-2012 by queenofangels_17 because: (no reason given)

yes i stand corrected i did know that i just forgot

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
reply to post by queenofangels_17

Sorry to disappoint you, you are not my shepard. It is true the Bible clearly states that the believers will clearly see. My eyes and ears are telling me your a fraud,take your ALLAH and kindly go back into the darkness he represents. No further need to follow this post.

Do you not believe in God?

Allah is just the Arabic word for saying God, just like the English version of saying God is God.

If you have read all 3 holy books, you would see that all 3 have the same foundation and it goes back to Abraham, Moses, and Noah.

Which would mean that all 3 religions are the same religion and God in his infinite wisdom would have set the path for all 3, but it is the corruption of man whom changes meaning and places separation between like things.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by seethetruth

Strap a bomb on my back, kill innocent women and children, treat women as if they are property. Sure Allah is great. I do not want to be disrespectful however, I can't see the love being spread in todays Islamic world, Murder, rape, oppression. The great I AM will be returning and his name is not ALLAH.

Allah is Arabic for god ,so the great iam is Allah

Thank you, seethetruth.

It's not the eyes that grow blind but it is the heart, when it refuses the Truth that go blind.

If your eye be single then your body will be full of light. This eye is the heart through which one can see rightly, because it sees the invisible things, the important things.

Peace!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wittgenstein
“Promise of retribution from God to those who disbelieve.”
queenofangels_17
That is an obvious example of en.wikipedia.org...

I have never understood faith and why it is a good thing. Suppose I am a child and live with my brother. Upstairs is a room that is locked and no sound comes from it. My brother tells me that I should have faith that our father is alive and lives in that room.Everyday criminals break in, steal our stuff and beat us up. My brother tells me that I should have faith that our father loves us and is not leaving the room to help us because its in our best interest, its just that we don't know why he doesn't leave the room or say anything. After ten years Dad comes out of the room and says to my brother, " Both of you are good people. However I only love you because you had faith that I existed but your brother will be tortured for eternity because he had doubts that I was in the room."

“Islam is the only religion that prophesies that the sun will rise from the West, instead of from rising from the East, in the the End Times, before Day of Judgment.”
queenofangels_17
OK queeno fangels ( A queen with fangs? Just joking, as I am sure you are also, pretending to be Muslim!)
When the Earth’s rotation reverses en.wikipedia.org... will cause everything on earth to be destroyed , physical objects will continue their motion and collide with other physical objects and for a brief moment ( since without the effect that counteracts earth’s gravity) everything will be crushed! Anyway, if such a remarkable thing happens ( that defies logic* ) I will become a fundamentalist Muslim. But until then I will remain my obnoxious and www.merriam-webster.com... self!
* Since everyone will be destroyed there will be no witness and your post implies that there will be.

it mite not be the rotation that changes, it mite be the pole shift that everybody is talking about ,There will still be tidal waves and earth quakes but it will not kill everyone them that know its come could move away from the coast ,lol i have to laugh there because i am about ten steps away from the sea

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

We are saying the same thing lol.

When I say "name" I meant it as a person's name. God is God and God's name is God. So we are both on the same page when you say Allah is his true name.

I didn't want to write a whole bunch that is why I tried to keep it short with just a few of the language differences.

I tend not to use any of the "names" that supposedly are Gods name, I do use his titles though, such as "The Creator of all", "The All Mighty" and such like that. I do not use names because of the fallen ones and their trickery in making people say their name in place of God's name. Like "amen" and such, mainly to be on the safe side and give power to those whom wish to steal from the glory of God in having us say their name in place of God's name, whatever that may be.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Sorry to disappoint you, you are not my shepard. It is true the Bible clearly states that the believers will clearly see. My eyes and ears are telling me your a fraud,take your ALLAH and kindly go back into the darkness he represents. No further need to follow this post.

Allah is just the Arabic word for saying God, just like the English version of saying God is God.

If you have read all 3 holy books, you would see that all 3 have the same foundation and it goes back to Abraham, Moses, and Noah.

Which would mean that all 3 religions are the same religion and God in his infinite wisdom would have set the path for all 3, but it is the corruption of man whom changes meaning and places separation between like things.

yes i agree with you 100% , all the good books go together its just man an his interpretation of them

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Have you ever read this?

www.raymondibrahim.com...

It was interesting. I have become a "follow no one and nothing" person myself.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

And now the battle of duality views begins. It is like watching dogs barking at each other. I bark the right way so I am saved. My owner will take good care of me and only love ous chiwawas and no other dogs.

Evolve already. Lose small mind and get with the program. God is not a small minded fool that cannot see thru mask of percived false rightousness built up on human conditioning to ego/mind.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

In Arabic, the word means simply "the God."

The term Allāh is derived from a contraction of the Arabic definite article al- "the" and ʾilāh "deity, god" to al-lāh meaning "the [sole] deity, God" (ὁ θεὸς μόνος, ho theos monos).[8] Cognates of the name "Allāh" exist in other Semitic languages, including Hebrew and Aramaic.[9] Biblical Hebrew mostly uses the plural form (but functional singular) Elohim. The corresponding Aramaic form is ʼĔlāhā ܐܠܗܐ in Biblical Aramaic and ʼAlâhâ ܐܲܠܵܗܵܐ in Syriac as used by the Assyrian Church, both meaning simply "God".

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
“it mite not be the rotation that changes, it mite be the pole shift that everybody is talking about”
seethetruth
But a pole shift will not, in queenofangels_17’s words cause ““Islam is the only religion that prophesies that the sun will rise from the West, instead of from rising from the East, in the the End Times, before Day of Judgment.”
Pole shifts have been happening many many times. As a former backpacker I am familiar with en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

That is true.

If man did not corrupt the Holy Books, the task of gathering the sheeps would be easy. But the Elect of God will not perish and they will be joined to the flock, as God has decreed.

The sheep with the sheep and the goats with the goats.

The time for dividing has come.

The sheeps from the goats

The grain from the chaff.

Big fish from small fish.

and transforming base metals into gold.

Whoever wants to be transformed.

Peace!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

edit on 27-8-2012 by apushforenlightment because: Bah not needed. Should stop playing with duality and just be.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

“it mite not be the rotation that changes, it mite be the pole shift that everybody is talking about”
seethetruth
But a pole shift will not, in queenofangels_17’s words cause ““Islam is the only religion that prophesies that the sun will rise from the West, instead of from rising from the East, in the the End Times, before Day of Judgment.”
Pole shifts have been happening many many times. As a former backpacker I am familiar with en.wikipedia.org...

This kind of sun rising from the West is an event that will annihilate mankind.

It may be that poles have been shifting slowly, in the event of Noah's flood, it has tilted 23 degrees and have since been tilting.

This Event will culminate in the Day of Judgment, and the birth of a new Earth.

21:105 And verily We have written in the Scripture, after the Reminder: My righteous slaves will inherit the Earth:

I am the Reminder, and the New Earth is Paradise.

39:69 And the Earth shineth with the light of her Lord, and the Book is set up, and the Prophets and the witnesses are brought, and it is judged between them with truth, and they are not wronged

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Just read it but it seems kinda odd. They didn't give verses from where these stories come from, at least not for all of them.

Stories such as this though are common in the old testament. I believe Abraham had several wives or at least one wive and several slave girls for which he had to help spread his seed. And I believe there is also the part where he sleeps with the Temple prostitute, which has always been hard for me to picture them having such an individual solely for the Temples.

There is also the story of Mary being a prostitute and Jesus' wive.

What it all comes down to is who wrote these stories and for what propose?

If these are true then it would be sad, but it should not take away from the message of God and what God has given us. To separate yourself from God because of a bad apple is a terrible thing to do.

To downplay another religion because of something as trivial as this, which cannot be proved 100% is another sad thing and the only loser would be the individual who walks away from God because of doubts cast about them by outside stuff that has no bearing on the true meaning of God or Gods love for us all.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lostmymarbles

The quoting of Muhammed as articulated in the quran is my point, yes I believe in GOD but he has never been referred to as "allah" again the quran and it's teachings particularly in dealing with non-believers and women is disturbing to me and is not the message of love and peace that Jesus taught.

My opinion.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

seethetruth

it is supposed to be that the north is going to shift to the south and south to north that's how big of a shift they are saying it is going to be , not just the difference between true north and magnetic north..

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Praise be Jebus.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join