Education without Enlightenment can be Dangerous by Manly P. Hall

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The first few seconds are inaudible but it cleans up.

Just discovered this video and thought I'd share it. I have never heard of this guy Manly P. Hall, it looks like he has many interesting works. What does it say about our society that such a fascinating author is a total unknown? Sounds like his works were/are deliberately covered up by the MSM and PTB machine.

I know there have been other Manly P Hall videos on ATS, however most of those I think dealt with Freemasonary.

Anway, the title of this thread is self-evident. A great example is the development of the nuclear bomb. Some on ATS would fall into this category, thankfully many do not.

He also talks about important and worthy traits in life:

Courage - fight for the truth

Honor - don't deal in secrets and untruths

This site seems to also have many other great videos:

Senstal's Youtube channel - alchemy, the soul, spirituality, hermetism, gnostcism etc

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
it goes for an hour. can you summerise in a paragraph or 2 what exactly is so informative ?? i have mobile broadband and videos online cost a sh*t load

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Didn't watch the video...but the title of the post reminds me of --

knowledge without understanding....lots of that going around....have been thinking of starting a thread about that...not in this forum though...maybe the 2012 forum...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
AGGGGGGGHHHHH NOT MANLY P HALL!!!!!

Gods... He is without a doubt one of the worlds best known snake oil salesman. He couldn't even get his own biography correct. Stating among other things that he became a 33'rd degree mason without being initiated into the craft (records prove otherwise) and of course this nice tidbit:

Hall and his followers went to extreme lengths to keep any gossip or information that could tarnish his image from being publicized

Sounds like someone I'd love to emulate, wait he sounds JUST LIKE THE GOVERNMENT YOU CLAIM IS EVIL..

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Well, text without links doesn't really help anybody uncover anything.

Anyway, how does that make him different than any scientologist? Or pretty much most actors/politicians/businesspeople? How do you act when people publish attacks on you?

This doesn't sound like the typical snake oil saleman bio:

In 1934, Hall founded the Philosophical Research Society (PRS) in Los Angeles, California, dedicating it to an idealistic approach to the solution of human problems. The PRS claims to be non-sectarian and entirely free from educational, political, or ecclesiastical control, and the Society’s programs stress the need for the integration of philosophy, religion, and science into one system of instruction. The PRS Library, a public facility devoted to source materials in obscure fields, has many rare and scarce items now impossible to obtain elsewhere.

Of course someone like this would be a huge threat to the PTB, and you would expect them to go to their pathetic, desperate attempts to discredit him and prevent any viable alternate of reality from being presented to the masses other than their own agenda of control.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

He's the embodiment of the Illuminati... Masonic papers almost deify the guy... He's like one with the so called Elites that you rail against... wow... you really don't know how to do research.......

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

So you don't have links to back up your text above?

Please point out where I have mentioned the Illuminati once in any post I have ever made on ATS.

I fight against the insidious hidden globalist powers Jim Marrs describes in his books - have you read any? Basically known as the globalists/oligarchists - the global powers that truly call the shots in the world.

I really know little about the Illuminati and don't feel qualified to offer any opinions on them; I have heard conflicting reports on them.

Whatever. Clearly Manly P Hall was attempting to enlighten mankind - I'll form my opinion based on his actions and stated goals, not by any shallow labels meant to discredit him.

I'm sure his soul is not suffering eternally.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I have a link to back up my text, and if you had actually done some research you'd find it, it's quite easy to actually, it's on MANY sites about Mr Hall.

As far as Jim Marrs goes, he makes good points and bad points, like anyone else, but I wouldn't stake my life and reputation solely on his writing, even though, unlike you, he knows how to do research... and doesn't just read one thing and proclaim it to be the ultimate truth.. or stick to one side of a story and ignore all other takes just because they dont' fit your ideas..

Point is, Manly Hall, is one of those elites you want so badly to be gone, so you can have your universal knowledge. During the guys life, he wrote mainly about the philosophical inner workings of the Masonic Order, and that is what his focus was, getting Masons to become one with their lodge, et al.. Not someone like you that's using it as a rally cry against some invisible organization that may or may not exist that you think is keeping everything from the recipe for Coca Cola to Nibiru from you.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

I have a link to back up my text, and if you had actually done some research you'd find it, it's quite easy to actually, it's on MANY sites about Mr Hall.

As far as Jim Marrs goes, he makes good points and bad points, like anyone else, but I wouldn't stake my life and reputation solely on his writing, even though, unlike you, he knows how to do research... and doesn't just read one thing and proclaim it to be the ultimate truth.. or stick to one side of a story and ignore all other takes just because they dont' fit your ideas..

Point is, Manly Hall, is one of those elites you want so badly to be gone, so you can have your universal knowledge. During the guys life, he wrote mainly about the philosophical inner workings of the Masonic Order, and that is what his focus was, getting Masons to become one with their lodge, et al.. Not someone like you that's using it as a rally cry against some invisible organization that may or may not exist that you think is keeping everything from the recipe for Coca Cola to Nibiru from you.

I think it is fairly clear there is some hidden organization running the planet, why in fact there was an extremely popular thread recently on it at ATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So either this multitude of Presidents/leaders/VIP's are lying or insane or there is an insidious secret organization running the planet.

Being in denial about it is just a psychological coping mechanism to smooth out your cognitive dissonance created by your realization that the world is not as you thought is was, a common reaction.

Psychologists say being in denial is nothing unusual, the one we lie most often to is ourselves.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I'm not like the other poster lol

I've watched/ listened to his lectures and absolutely LOVE this guy but more than that I love his style and his wisdom.

Secret teachings throughout time have been wiped under the rug for so long that a seeker who has sought truth on his journey through life will find what Manly says to be as accurate as accurate can be.

The man knows what he is talking about.

There happens to be in all secret societies a scale of degree whereas one end of the scale is illuminate while the other end is dark.....

As far as his personal life??? I could care less as I'm not perfect and the day I become perfect I may think I could judge another but even then, I already realize there is no sense/ knowledge in doing so.

If you have a couple of hours to listen to a lecture I can direct you to two that took my breath away!

This is with all things.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

I'm not like the other poster lol

I've watched/ listened to his lectures and absolutely LOVE this guy but more than that I love his style and his wisdom.

Secret teachings throughout time have been wiped under the rug for so long that a seeker who has sought truth on his journey through life will find what Manly says to be as accurate as accurate can be.

The man knows what he is talking about.

There happens to be in all secret societies a scale of degree whereas one end of the scale is illuminate while the other end is dark.....

As far as his personal life??? I could care less as I'm not perfect and the day I become perfect I may think I could judge another but even then, I already realize there is no sense/ knowledge in doing so.

If you have a couple of hours to listen to a lecture I can direct you to two that took my breath away!

This is with all things.

Beautiful, true and wise words MamaJ.

The other poster has some kind of agenda, and stalks most of my posts, I guess harrassment is a one way street - I will be bringing this to the attention of the mods AGAIN soon. She couldn't even provide a back-up link for her accusations.

I don't like to judge, but if I were to judge Manly P. Hall it would be by his wise and powerful words - and not by the controlled and manipulated MSM which everything to lose by him spreading this powerful message to the masses.

Please point me to the way of the lecture you mentioned!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

No it just goes to show you couldn't be bothered to read the wikipedia entry on the man.. Or look at the Scottish Rite website that has his masonic obit.... *shrug* You use hoax sites to prove your points all the time, mine were from two that were at the top of a google search on the man, sorry that you couldn't take the time to do even that little bit of research, that's not really my problem.

As for stalking your posts, hardly.. if you maybe put some more research into what you write then maybe just maybe, I wouldn't have to point out the flaws in them, and recently I've been just ignoring your drivel.

So why not go and look Manly P Hall up, on both the website for the Scottish Rite (which almost deifies him) and Wikipedia where my quote came from, about him and his followers.

Neither were hidden, nor were they hard to find, but it proved my point all too well, you don't look up all sides of an issue before you post, you only post what fits your little and narrow view at the time, if it doesn't fit your view it's obviously wrong and therefore not worth mentioning, is that about it?

How about the fact that others have called you out in many other threads for the fact that your "sources" seem to be of dubious nature? You in turn call people names, and threaten them.. All I did was try to see if you knew how to look up simple facts on a man you are claiming has some sort of secret knowledge, you did not.

So I stand by the fact that there are many many sites about Many P Hall, and some of them even go into his life and how he was notorious for "eliminating" dissent and trying to silence his opposition, sounds like areal nice guy to me....

So before you throw threats around about "reporting it to a mod" because I didn't post my source for you, or that you are being stalked somehow, maybe you should take a look in the mirror and ask yourself, why you can't be bothered to do research on any site other than Bibliotechapleadyes...???

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I can't link it from the iPad so google the Orientation of the Hermetic Philosophy and hit videos.

The first should be manly p hall and be an hour and forty or so minutes.

The thing I love is I see Hermes as the same as Thoth and the same as Jesus.

The Hermetic Philosophy is right up my alley.... Even though I hold no religion. I love this philosophy and believe it to be the creator of religions.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Manly was pretty manly!

I love his lectures and his personal life is of no importance to me.

No two people agree on everything. So be it.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
That's enlightenment. Thanks for sharing. The immediate issue is the whole of society needs initiation.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernamehere
That's enlightenment. Thanks for sharing. The immediate issue is the whole of society needs initiation.

I agree!!

I have contacted my local Masonic lodge so I can be in contact with them and ask questions.

It's my understanding after listening to Manly's lectures that he is delivering his knowledge to man and allowing him to do what he may with questions asked that he does not answer only he gives his logic to the matter which I deem..... Wise!!!

Seems to me Manly has done his research and has implemented a way to give to the public what he knows and then asks the public to come up with their own answers.

He speaks about Atlantis, the Olympians, Hermetic Philosophy, ancient greece, gnostic Christianity, Christianity, and sooooooo much more!!!

I don't see him or the masons as an evil society. An evil society doesn't help people and doesn't strive to do good.

top topics

join