It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Age Flower Blooms After 32000 Years!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
thats really amazing, maybe they will find a caveman who can live in Cali and learn to drive and look like that guy from the mummy

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abstrakt222
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Awesome vid! Where did you find this?

The KGB!!

But seriously, I was just researching the topic when I hit upon this video on a website on cloning.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nOraKat
I think it's possible.

The method in Jurassic Park was to take dinosaur blood from mosquitoes preserved in amber, take that DNA and somehow implant it into another embryo somehow.

I don't understand why people would want that so much anyway. SO they can be like, 'kewel man a forken dinosaur!'. How would these things affect our ecosystem? ever thought of that? or even these ancient friggin flowers..

ANyway, there is no reason to have to resurrect dinosaurs since they *ARE* still here!

YES, they are alive and all around us!

Here is one..

Dinosaurs are now what we call "birds". Yes, it is true. They are on our dinner tables.

edit on 28-8-2012 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)
well, triceratops are still around...
albeit in a much smaller capacity

but with global warming, they just might grow into gigantic proportions again

they should reintroduce that plant back to the ecosystem...the more biodiversity, the merrier
I read somewhere earth now has less than 10% of its biodiversity...
edit on 28-8-2012 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I think it is amazing what scientists can do in this day and age. It makes me wonder what they are not telling us!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

they should reintroduce that plant back to the ecosystem...the more biodiversity, the merrier I read somewhere earth now has less than 10% of its biodiversity...
The species never left the ecosystem. It was growing on the tundra 32,000 years ago, never went extinct, and is still growing there today.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
So the world has been this warm before then?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be interesting if everyone on Earth was allergic to it's pollen?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
beautiful flower

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

That seems more a confirmation than a debunk.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The Russians made a decapitated dog head be alive without needing of its body, im sure that someday they will find a way to re-create the dinosaurs. Nothing is impossible!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Cant help thinking about what the HOPI said decades ago

The Emergence to the future Fifth World has begun. It is being made by the humble people of little nations, tribes, and racial minorities. "You can read this in the earth itself. Plant forms from previous worlds are beginning to spring up as seeds as described in SW-II, Effects and Coming Events # 1. This could start a new study of botany if people were wise enough to read them. The same kinds of seeds are being planted in the sky as stars. The same kinds of seeds are being planted in our hearts. All these are the same, depending how you look at them. That is what makes the Emergence to the next, Fifth World.
link

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Great. Now they will probably take over the whole damn planet. Then find some dinosaur tissue and we're really screwed.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by marymaryg4321
reply to post by longlostbrother

That seems more a confirmation than a debunk.

Read it closely.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
So the world has been this warm before then?

Its still grows on the planet now and in the frozen tundra areas of Russia and also in Japans
highest mountain areas.
Not warm but cold areas.
Has already been posted in this thread By; butcherguy
edit on 28-8-2012 by azureskys because: added more

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by okyouwin

They are already here and have been all along they grow in extremely cold temperate zones.
(Frozen tundra)
Has been posted by another member at least twice in this thread.Posted by : butcherguy

edit on 28-8-2012 by azureskys because: added more

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Nature is a wondrous beauty as the ice age flower blooms after 32000 years of being non-existent.

The story is a bit misleading, as the species still grows wild in the same area that the plant tissue was recovered from the ancient ground squirrel burrows. The species exists and has existed since those fruits and seeds were hidden by the squirrels 32,000 years ago.

Silene stenophylla is a species of flowering plant in the family Caryophyllaceae. Commonly called narrow-leafed campion, it is a species in the genus Silene. It grows in the Arctic tundra of far eastern Siberia and the mountains of Northern Japan. Frozen samples, estimated via radiocarbon dating to be around 32,000 years old, were discovered in the same area as current living specimens; and in 2012, a team claimed to have successfully regenerated a plant from the samples.

Source
edit on 28-8-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

butcherguy,
Good job of paying attention to the info out there. Thank you for sharing this.
Now if others would just bother reading the facts that someone else so kindly found and shared

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

Oh, they'll get something pretty close to the dinosaurs, but they'll be recreating DNA from what they think the thing was, not what it was.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

point taken

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

32000 years! If they grew lots of these flowere then introduced honey bees to them we could have 32000 year old honey...A taste of the past.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

This flower is beautiful! & Nature is beautiful & wonderful!
S&F! This flower no doubt sparks my imagination about those years so long ago. Thank you for sharing OrionHunter!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join