It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Age Flower Blooms After 32000 Years!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Weekly World News, really?

I almost fell out of my chair after I saw that!! You know what WWN is, right? It's a junk mag full of fake crap.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heisenburg

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by DIRTYDONKEY
I'm not a smart man so I'll just throw this question out there, what if they found dinosaur DNA encased in sap would they be able to extract that? I seem to recall them finding Mosquitos or something along those lines in sap and seemed to preserve it pretty well, not sure of age of it tho.

I read an article that said they already have the DNA and that YES they can bring back a dinosour but they have not decided they should do it.

here is one that says they already did
weeklyworldnews.com...

and mammoth coming
www.popsci.com...[e ditby]edit on 27-8-2012 by Char-Lee because: add

Wow is this real?? If so, this is incredible. I cant believe I havent heard of them doing this before. I wonder what it looks like!

Edit: Nevermind, just looked more into the website. Links on the right hand side for stories titled "Kim Kardashians butt explodes" and "Obama on new dollar bill" Is a pretty good indicator of how legetimate this source is LOL
edit on 27-8-2012 by Heisenburg because: no reason

well that's what a quick search will get you HaHa!! Wish it were true. If it were doubt they would tell us.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jough626

Errmm sorry to burst the bubble of happiness, but they are most definitely existent in my back garden, I checked...just now

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jough626
reply to post by Char-Lee

Weekly World News, really?

I almost fell out of my chair after I saw that!! You know what WWN is, right? It's a junk mag full of fake crap.

I know NOW..slap me!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Researchers studying and working with ancient soil composition in an exposed Siberian riverbank found 70 fossilized Ice Age squirrel burrows, some of which stored up to 800,000 seeds and fruits.

800,000 different seeds....some fruit?....

Get on it scientists I want new fruit species ASAP!!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Looks Like a relative, possibly precursor, to the daffodil.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It's just like how they have all those seeds in the underground bank near the north pole. The frozen ground keeps them viable for a long time, nothing magical about it really but still a cool story.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
hope that flower does not emit a poisonous toxin which human life can not tolerate or some other calamity. Does anyone else think this is a dangerous experiment?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Laced713

G,day mate. if it is a new species of flower could we call it a RUSSIANDIL. ok. i had better explain. in aussie you can be a galah, a dropkick, a mug, a drongo,a little bit troppo, off with the fairies, three planks short of a jetty plus many others and you can also be a bit of a dill. by the way run some of these together and its how you talk to /greet your mates. for the rest of the world please insert nuts, noddy, womble, crazy etc. oh bother, looks like it looses it somewhat in the translation. moving on. if, this is on the up and up. WOW. that is a really nice flower. it is nice to see GODS handy work in my day, some way, each day.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Ancient or not, it is a beautiful flower. For some, art is what it symbolizes. For others, what it is is more than sufficient. Thanks for sharing the article, it does put a spark to the imagination. Doesn't it say "according to Discover Magazine"? I haven't researched how credible of a source Discover is, but perhaps are moreso than WWN.
edit on 27-8-2012 by saint4God because: grammar

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pronto
G,day mate. if it is a new species of flower could we call it a RUSSIANDIL. ok. i had better explain. in aussie you can be a galah, a dropkick, a mug, a drongo,a little bit troppo, off with the fairies, three planks short of a jetty plus many others and you can also be a bit of a dill. by the way run some of these together and its how you talk to /greet your mates. for the rest of the world please insert nuts, noddy, womble, crazy etc. oh bother, looks like it looses it somewhat in the translation. moving on. if, this is on the up and up. WOW. that is a really nice flower. it is nice to see GODS handy work in my day, some way, each day.

Another reason why I hope to visit Australia someday.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Great post

I posted it in February though, but yours has nice pictures

Dead for 32,000 Years, an Arctic Plant Is Revived

Jurrassic park on the way
!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Researchers studying and working with ancient soil composition in an exposed Siberian riverbank found 70 fossilized Ice Age squirrel burrows, some of which stored up to 800,000 seeds and fruits.

800,000 different seeds....some fruit?....

Get on it scientists I want new fruit species ASAP!!

You can have the fruit, I'll take the cure for cancer.
I wonder how many other resurrections have occurred that we don't know about.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Something about the flower reminds me of the voynich manuscript.

They are going to clone a Mammoth.
South Korean and Russian scientists bid to clone mammoth
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Want your own dinosaur?

You will need this:
1- A team of researchers. Good ones.
2- A well preserved dinosaur fossil. Not sure how will you get it.
3- A female Chicken.

With some science and luck, you can do it. Hell, they are doing it right now. I can’t find the news link but, I found this which really give the same result.

www.ted.com...

Sure, maybe we can’t do it but we might as well try :p

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
With the knowledge we have about how plant and insect life closely evolve, has there been any conjecture on the type of insect connected with this amazing flower?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
News at 12, this just in, team of scientist in Siberia have been killed due to a poisonous gas released by a mysterious plant they brought back to life, and has now spread to neighboring towns wiping them out one by one , isnt it pretty though! lol

i think its great, i hope they bring back the other seeds they found, it would be awesome to find a red wood type tree that grows in a year, or fruit that is huge like 98 lb apple or something 32 thousand years ago must have been allot different than now, with different predators and what not, it would be cool to see ancestors of these insects turn and go back to these plants and get owned because the species hasn't seen them in 32k years lol like a venus fly trap type or something

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Wonder what would happen if you boil it and make it in a tea?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

It wouldn't. The dinosaurs are millions of years older. And a "fossil" has no tissue to culture because it's a rock- frozen or unfrozen.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join