It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Syrian helicopter been shot down.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
rt.com...

A military helicopter crashed on Monday in Damascus, Syria's state television said, while rebels claim they shot it down. Activist groups report the helicopter caught fire and crashed after it was apparently hit during fighting between government forces and rebels in Damascus, AP said. The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights earlier reported that the fighting was taking place in the Damascus neighborhood of Jobar.
Could this be one of those stingers.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
without seeing what hit it, cant be sure...but yea...a stinger would do it for sure. But then so would a 50 cal.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Or a rotor blade hitting an electrical wire and sparking through the gas tank.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

been shot down?
why put that in the thread title?
thats just misleading

anything could of happened that brought the chopper down

'Rebels claim to have shot it down' - of course they would

edit on 27-8-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
reply to post by aarys

been shot down?
thats just misleading

edit on 27-8-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

Yeah. To be absolutely journalistically correct they should have not said that. But realistically, given the altitude, the chopper could not have hit a power line and given the extent to which it was in flames, there can be little doubt that it was hit with a bullet or missile that cause an explosion and fire. Not to mention that probably hundreds of guns were shooting at it at the time. Choppers just don't explode in the air when minding their own business.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Explanation: Uhmmm?

Could this be one of those stingers

Did you even read the article you linked?

Here is why ...

The video footage shows the helicopter ablaze after it was hit by a projectile during a burst of gunfire.

Personal Disclosure: I watched the video and at no time does it appear to be struck by a manpad [stinger] type of weapon.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
At 10 seconds, you can see the smoke from something trailing it in the air and at 12 seconds in you can see the object strike the helicopter. Someone above posted saying maybe a 50 cal, however I never heard of a 50 cal round being able to track a flying object, follow it until it hits it.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I just saw the video on CNN and watched it on Youtube...here is the link:

Apparently this was a government chopper...
edit on 17-10-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Explanation: St*rred!

Amazing video footage!

I took this screengrab the moment before it explodes completely in midair ...

And I didn't notice any SAM's or MANPAD's

Slightly disturbing how it just blows up and nothing seems to be left at all. :shk:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Not sure if this was a bird flying into view or what.
Take a look at about 0:14. It is just a glimpse so you have to freeze it at just the right moment to see it.
It comes in from the right side and goes over the helicopter.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

Explanation: St*rred!

I see it ...

But having veiwed the vid several times I am off the opinion that it is close to the camera and is either a bird or some rubbish picked up by the wind.

Still it could be anything!

OL wonders what it really was?

Personal Disclosure: I hope this helps!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

It's a UFO!!!!!!!! Run for the hills!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Btw, I kept hearing the words shouted by the militants "Allahu Akbar" so I decided to research what it meant...here is what I have found...

www.islamic-dictionary.com...

Allahu Akbar

(الله اكبر)
Grammar: phrase; 2 words;Allahu Akbar means 'God is the Greatest', meaning that nothing can supersede God or be better than Him. It is a common phrase in Islam and it features in the adhan and prayer. Muslims tend to use it for lots of reasons and to express many emotions.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Syrian Rebels Get Missiles Fears Rise That Portable Antiaircraft Weapons Could Wind Up With Terrorists

ANTAKYA, Turkey—Some Syrian rebel factions have obtained advanced portable antiaircraft weapons, according to rebels and regional officials, a development that could alter the Syrian war's trajectory and fan U.S. concerns that such weapons could end up in the hands of anti-Western Islamist militias. Video footage uploaded to the Internet earlier this week appears to show rebels in Aleppo using weapons that military experts and rebels say are heat-seeking, shoulder-fired missiles, the first documented instance in the conflict. Versions of the weapons—also known as man-portable air defense systems, or Manpads—have been smuggled into the country over the past two months through ...

Source

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
All this fighting and wars, its never gonna end is it??

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Amusing with all the big hub bub about a Syrian chopper going down and put in the WW3 forum.

How many downed US choppers in Afghanistan and Iraq due to malfunction or attack?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
been shot down?
thats just misleading

I guess Russia owes Syria an apology and a refund on the repair and refurbishing job they were contracted to do.

top topics

join