Service to Self is better than Service to Others (Please read before judging!)

page: 8
13
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by My_Reality
 


It is best to do yourself a service and become stronger so that you do not have to depend on others. If you owe them pay them back so you can free yourself from your debt and let that be the end of it (unless you REALLY need to)! Learn to be strong and support yourself.

All is one. All is unity, but There are many out of one - e pluribus unum.
edit on 28-8-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)




posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13
 


This is the same thing like governments - killing and destroying in order to take over and form a kingdom. The highest service to self would be to love oneself and to understand you don't need to control because you are infinite and all is within you. Do not let the

Do not let the feeling of "lack" to overcome you and make you steal, kill, or have jealousy. Understand that you do not "lack" you are awesome as is and love self and then this "lack" feeling of need to take will go away.



Something like YES, but was just an example of something being about SELF only. I was wondering how you may have felt about that example. Would that angel be wrong FOR LOVING OTHERS LIKE IT ONLY OR FOR LOVING ITSELF?? Even though its performing service to it self- and others by making them a kingdom? So its not controlling its eliminating energy in its way of its personal service? Personally I dont feel the feeling of LACK though I was just interested in how SOME think. Also I am not judging you arpgme, I see your writing style and way of thinking and try to understand it, never the judge for THE sits ABOVE WE. Its just interesting to see how you think thats all and thanks for being open enough to do so


transmitted






posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by My_Reality
 


It is best to do yourself a service and become stronger so that you do not have to depend on others.


This... Back to the ANGEL example. What if the LIGHT angel feels all who followed it out of the original kingdome of LIGHT were WEAK and if it devoured them like CHRONOS did SOME of its offspring, it would become stronger, is it ok then for the angel of LUX to devour all other energies that will make it stronger

[COLOR=CYAN]
(what if that's why it lured them away- had a talk with FATHER -
-LUX said FATHER some are ill CONSCIOUSED AND SELFISH
- FATHER says how do you know I sensed this aswell?
-LUX they talk about you bad
-FATHER really they just need time to learn I thought they were just bored during their beginning phase
-LUX ok CAN I TEST THEM FATHER
-FATHER how so LUX
-LUX I will see who wants to LEAVE..... those who follow are not in LIGHT if they want to be away FATHER -FATHER interesting my child then do so?
-LUX joins the others talking bad about father hey lets leave this PLACE
-OTHERS ok im with you
-LUX SMILES AND TAKES A DIVE DOWN NEAR NEWER CREATOR CREATIONS HUMANS/OTHERS IN THIS LIL UNIVERSE)



ADD-consider the LUX being the eldest most powerful ARC angel and all who followed it spawned creations of themselves and the LUX spawned as well but needed more space that the other angels spawns are taking up AND NOW THE LUXZ WANT THIS SPACE? Again thanks arpgme for taking time to interact NAMASTE
edit on 8/28/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by My_Reality
 


It is best to do yourself a service and become stronger so that you do not have to depend on others. If you owe them pay them back so you can free yourself from your debt and let that be the end of it (unless you REALLY need to)! Learn to be strong and support yourself.

All is one. All is unity, but There are many out of one - e pluribus unum.
edit on 28-8-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)


I cannot help but think that you missed my point. I see what you are saying. Improving oneself is indeed a great thing to do. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here. My comment about how we perceive the concept of service seems to have gone right over your head. As did the question I asked you.

With that said, I wish you the best in servicing yourself and hope you better yourself due to it.



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13
 


I think this is already happening, maybe. The Lucifer consciousness is growing stronger as more take on a "Do as thou wilt" philosophy.

I think absorbing the energy of others for your own benefit and trying to take control is an obsession with "control" rather than "self-love".

Self-love is better but to try to destroy other energies for your own benefit is more of "control" of others, rather than having "self-loving" and understanding that you are an individual divine being.

So yeah, I don't think that a being/consciousness taking over the planet is good. I think self oriented is loving themselves but are not concerned with controlling others.

There is a different from "Controlling others" and "Loving yourself"...


edit on 28-8-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme
 


accepted
your core response was requested. MAY THE LIGHT GUIDE YOU ON YOUR JOURNEY OF LEARNING



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme
 


Hi OP

Been following this thread since you created it, I don't happen to agree with you and I'll just leave it at that.

However, I do have a question (please try not to be offended) is English your first language?

The reason I ask is that in this thread, and others, you say something (type words for us to read) and when your statement is questioned, you say you meant something else or that we didn't understand what you were trying to say.

If English is your first language, I would suggest you are more careful with what you type, it's very hard on a medium such as an internet forum to gauge someone's true meaning behind the words they type (sarcasm. emotion, tone etc).

Also, the way you speak or type is sometimes presented as a statement or fact, then again when questioned, you reply that it was only an 'idea' or 'thought'.

I consider myself to be good at reading and taking a post at it's literal meaning aswell as 'reading between the lines' or seeing it's 'deeper' meaning, but I must confess that sometimes I have trouble understanding what it is that your saying.

Please don't think or feel that I am attacking you in any way, it's just the way that your threads/posts come accross to me, this could easily be a fault or failure on my part instead of yours...

Gnobody



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
On a personal level, service to self, as you put it, is just what life is about, in the sense of finding out what you like, are gifted at, interested in, and striving to reach your goals. From a personal level, your first responsibility is to self, ie survival, even in a country as civilized as Norway, one still discovers how to stand on their two feet.

I have a lot more to add on that, and differences in people however, and will reserve that for a second post.

Then comes your family and friends and learning how to make others happy, for your own happiness also depends on this, though there are certainly people who only tend to their own needs, and are not pleasant to be around in the least.

And as people are creating abundance, and its not just economic, out of wholeness, they are able to help others, and that is not just economics. However, for the hungry and homeless, its food and dignity, dwellings, etc.

So its like throwing a pebble into a pool and watching the ever widening circles that health and wealth can do, and by wealth I mean abundance in more than money. This is not limited to money. Wealth of social skills, personality, talents, love, good nature, peace, happiness can bubble out an affect others enormously passively or with overt action.

All of this providing all goes good in your life, by virtue of your personality, your placement, your home stability, your support around you, your health especially, and that all stays good in your life. For one slip up can destroy your life and anyone dependent on you, such as family, children.

If you mean service to self as simply growing, learning, developing yourself and that puts you in a situation where you are a gift to others, then STS that way, is also STO.

For many people just getting by month to month, STO means their families, their children.



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnobody
 


Have you read my posts? I'd like to think that the OP and I are talking about the same thing. I however say things a bit differently. See if what I say makes sense. I'd like to see what you think about it.



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
However, back to the point of developing yourself, or being a position to make a good life for yourself. Out of 7 billion that is not alot of people. There are countless billions in the world and millions in first world nations, that have no opportunities, no door open, and in fact, some of their childhoods are so dreadful, with so much abused they're shell shocked and traumatized, and running if they can only to encounter hosts of other problems with survival.

In the world there are countless gifted with talents who can never share, their free will is taken from them by the Greed of others, and apathy.

As long as you think, survival of the fittest, meanest and healthiest, and the few, the rest, WHO CARES, then its OK to feel that way. There are countless realms, they're lower mind you, where people can graviate towards until they find their way to seeing the Light so to speak and realizing it was never about patting yourself on the back for the gift the gods gave you for your health and positioning, but instead it was about seeing what your soul is made of.

The Universe on all its dimensions and channels is like a giant game of snakes and ladders.
edit on 28-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMatrixusesYou
 


Hi TheMatrixusesYou

I'm here for a while (night shift at work!) so will have a look at your threads and posts, again, if I don't completely understand, it may be my fault, not yours!

Nice to meet you!

Gnobody



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Their distortion reflected in this tidbit I've heard: "blessings are cursings" and blessing is be lessed is sadly short of the heart and throat chakra, and only means their awakening is going to not make the grade when they say, "I'm Jesus"



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnobody
 


Nice to meet you too Gnobody. I don't have that many posts here as I think most others don't understand either.



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13
 


I think this is already happening, maybe. The Lucifer consciousness is growing stronger as more take on a "Do as thou wilt" philosophy.

I think absorbing the energy of others for your own benefit and trying to take control is an obsession with "control" rather than "self-love".

Self-love is better but to try to destroy other energies for your own benefit is more of "control" of others, rather than having "self-loving" and understanding that you are an individual divine being.

So yeah, I don't think that a being/consciousness taking over the planet is good. I think self oriented is loving themselves but are not concerned with controlling others.

There is a different from "Controlling others" and "Loving yourself"...


edit on 28-8-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)


I've heard of this "Do what thou wilt" phrase talked about by some on the radio. Lon Milo Duquette of the OTO mentioned it on Coast to Coast AM one night saying this didn't mean to do whatever you want. He said it was about doing what you are supposed to do in this life. Do you know if there's any truth to that. Do you have any insight as to how safe/insidious this group might be and "Do what thou wilt"?

Also, does that correlate to your basic premise here? I'm just going by Objectivism from Rand and understand the basic importance of caring for the self first before others.



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by arpgme
 


accepted
your core response was requested. MAY THE LIGHT GUIDE YOU ON YOUR JOURNEY OF LEARNING


I know. I feel like I've been learning a lot and there is still so much to learn. I think for now I should focus on thoughts of Unity. I think Unity is the idea I should be focused on right now.


Originally posted by Gnobody
reply to post by arpgme
 


Hi OP

Been following this thread since you created it, I don't happen to agree with you and I'll just leave it at that.

However, I do have a question (please try not to be offended) is English your first language?



I'm not sure if it is my writing style or what - but people always misunderstand me and I wind up having to put more details. Maybe it is a misunderstanding of defined words.

When I say "self love" people may think one thing when I think another. I do not believe in controlling other people! By self love I meant actually loving yourself and filling the lack - need to control / jealousy / etc. with your self love - it will also keep you from being destructive.



Originally posted by Unity_99
In the world there are countless gifted with talents who can never share, their free will is taken from them by the Greed of others, and apathy.

As long as you think, survival of the fittest, meanest and healthiest, and the few, the rest, WHO CARES, then its OK to feel that way. There are countless realms, they're lower mind you, where people can graviate towards until they find their way to seeing the Light so to speak and realizing it was never about patting yourself on the back for the gift the gods gave you for your health and positioning, but instead it was about seeing what your soul is made of.


There are beings/people who seem to be "apathetic" but really they are helping people in secret, so be careful who you judge.

I guess that is why I say that we should also remember the UNITY while being individuals. Some people forget their connection to others, but even an individual can still understand the UNITY and help another person in need.

Instead of saying "only the strong should live" (which can only be said when you do not understand unity)... I was saying that we should actually do something and help them become stronger so that they can be free instead of being in suffering of depending on others.



Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou
I've heard of this "Do what thou wilt" phrase talked about by some on the radio. Lon Milo Duquette of the OTO mentioned it on Coast to Coast AM one night saying this didn't mean to do whatever you want. He said it was about doing what you are supposed to do in this life. Do you know if there's any truth to that. Do you have any insight as to how safe/insidious this group might be and "Do what thou wilt"?

Also, does that correlate to your basic premise here? I'm just going by Objectivism from Rand and understand the basic importance of caring for the self first before others.


They say "Do what thou wilt under love is the whole of the law". These are Thelema ideas and Aleister Crowley was a Satanist ( I think) and Luciferian principles are the same.

However, this Luciferian Consciousness lack The Unity of ALL. It can only see as "individual" but not the other side of "unity" - 'do what thou wilt under love' sounds good but it keeps you unable to see The Unity.

edit on 28-8-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMatrixusesYou
 


It is definitely satanic in origin but what that means depends on your opinion of satanism I suppose.

Arthur Schopenhauer would say " Man can do what he wills but he cannot will what he wills."

Comes down to a fundamental paradox of human nature.
edit on 28-8-2012 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by djr33222
reply to post by TheMatrixusesYou
 


It is definitely satanic in origin but what that means depends on your opinion of satanism I suppose.

Arthur Schopenhauer would say " Man can do what he wills but he cannot will what he wills."


I think it is natural for the animal and human mind; but it is just an illusion. Quantum Physics shows us that Unity is true - and to say that "you can do whatever you want - forget others" - is to forget the knowledge of Unity that you have with ALL.

You can LOVE yourself by understanding that you are a part of ALL connected.


So in reality, all is you, but also you are all (controlling not good - encourage the strength and freedom for others too). Inside of you lies the infinite possibility - outside of you lies the eternal all (which you also a part of).

So it is realizing YOU as part of all and infinite inside.
edit on 28-8-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou
Have you read my posts? I'd like to think that the OP and I are talking about the same thing. I however say things a bit differently. See if what I say makes sense. I'd like to see what you think about it.



Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou
reply to post by Gnobody
 

Nice to meet you too Gnobody. I don't have that many posts here as I think most others don't understand either.


I checked out your threads and posts, but the only posts I could find that are related to this subject matter (or any kind of Metaphysics/ Philosophy) are in this very thread and another regarding egos.

Except for agreeing with the OP and suggesting other works, the only post I see from you regarding this subject that you explain yourself, in your own words, are the following..


Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou
No one but you can increase your own strength and I stand by that statement. And believe me you don't want to go there. Remember the statement, "Be the change you want to see in the world."? That is because only you can effect change.


I agree with the above, I think most people would, but it doesn't make clear the OP.



Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou
Build yourself up. Then you become strong enough to build others up. It's that simple.


This can be true in certain circumstances, but it can also be true that you can find strength in helping others. Seeing the end result of helping another, seeing that you made a difference could give you strength, confidance, a sense of worth?


Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou
I also know you're not getting the satisfaction you need from the OP where you're looking for some kind of proof that they know what they are talking about. If you read my posts, you can see I know what I'm talking about. It doesn't matter if the OP knows what they are talking about. They are just stating a universal truth. Does it matter if they say it or someone else?


It doesn't matter that the OP does/doesn't know what they are talking about?

With respect, when an OP (any OP) presents themselves as wise and trying to teach others or convince others that what they are saying is the truth, I think it matters that they know what they are saying, that they know what they are talking about, from personal and direct experience.

Especially when what is ultimately being conveyed is a simple message, theory or opinion that can be explained in a simple way, I see a lot of OP's create threads (or try to) with great 'poetry' or prose that ends up with confusing sentances and meanings. A lot of people do not have the talent or wisdom to do this and it just creates the situation of the original message being lost.

Anyway, after reading your post and the post of the OP, I still disagree that 'serving' others is a form of slavery, that is if what is meant as 'serving others' is charity, aid, sacrifice or generally helping others in need.

I personally believe that by 'serving others' you are indirectly serving yourself, even in ways that I have yet to comprehend...

The above is just my opinion!

Gnobody
edit on 28/8/12 by Gnobody because: Unnecesarry sarcasm!
edit on 28/8/12 by Gnobody because: Clarifiaction!



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme
 


Well, it is certainly a necessary illusion if the humanity of the human body is in a symbiosis with duality perceptions. What I mean by this is we don't walk around conscious of the 'unity' of everything around us because by necessity we must observe separateness and act based on this separateness.

Only in mystical states and for twilight moments can a person experience 'oneness', but the feeling is always fleeting... a person can only appreciate it while it lasts and if they hope to understand it they must do so by indirect means, through duality because that is where the method is.

In the end it doesn't really matter. Why? Because all human beings exist as part of the 'unity' whether they believe in it or not.



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gnobody

Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou
Have you read my posts? I'd like to think that the OP and I are talking about the same thing. I however say things a bit differently. See if what I say makes sense. I'd like to see what you think about it.



Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou
reply to post by Gnobody
 

Nice to meet you too Gnobody. I don't have that many posts here as I think most others don't understand either.


I checked out your threads and posts, but the only posts I could find that are related to this subject matter (or any kind of Metaphysics/ Philosophy) are in this very thread and another regarding egos.

Except for agreeing with the OP and suggesting other works, the only post I see from you regarding this subject that you explain yourself are the following..


Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou
No one but you can increase your own strength and I stand by that statement. And believe me you don't want to go there. Remember the statement, "Be the change you want to see in the world."? That is because only you can effect change.


I agree with the above, I think most people would, but it doesn't make clear the OP.



Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou
Build yourself up. Then you become strong enough to build others up. It's that simple.


This can be true in certain circumstances, but it can also be true that you can find strength in helping others. Seeing the end result of helping another, seeing that you made a difference could give you strength, confidance, a sense of worth?


Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou
I also know you're not getting the satisfaction you need from the OP where you're looking for some kind of proof that they know what they are talking about. If you read my posts, you can see I know what I'm talking about. It doesn't matter if the OP knows what they are talking about. They are just stating a universal truth. Does it matter if they say it or someone else?


It doesn't matter that the OP does/doesn't know what they are talking about?

With respect, when an OP presents themselves as wise and trying to teach others or convince others that what they are saying is the truth, I think it matters that they know what they are saying, that they know what they are talking about, from personal and direct experience.

Anyway, after reading your post and the post of the OP, I still disagree that 'serving' others is a form of slavery, that is if what is meant as 'serving others' is charity, aid, sacrifice or generally helping others in need.

I personally believe that by 'serving others' you are indirectly serving yourself, even in ways that I have yet to comprehend...

Gnobody
edit on 28/8/12 by Gnobody because: Unnecesarry sarcasm!


Well thanks for the rendition. I originally intended for you to only read my posts from this thread. Not ALL of my posts I've made. Sorry you had to do that.


The main thing I'd like to address here is that most people here are misunderstanding OPer in that he never said that helping others would not make him feel better. What it sounded like is that he was stressing the importance of focusing on the self, but since he doesn't try to confirm my posts, I guess I'm just speculating. I admit, it's a bit cryptic and I'm beginning to get bitter about it, but in the same line I think he was also trying to say, "Give a man a fish and you feed him one meal. Teach a man to fish and you feed him forever." So several posters are just taking it and running with it saying, "you're evil for being selfish! You should help those in need." They're missing the mark. It's also odd that he's not trying to clarify in ways that are meaningful to folks.

He was definitely right in saying that everyone is at least a little selfish. I'd even say we are 100% selfish as every action we take, we do to somehow feel better. If helping someone out makes me feel better, I'm going to do that because I'm selfish.

Your concern that he as the OP needs to know what he was talking about. That was a snippet between another poster and myself. They were not concerned with what he was saying, but whether he knew what he was talking about. I thought it doesn't matter whether he was correct or not if I were able to explain it to folks in a way they understood, doesn't that solve the issues caused by the topic itself?





new topics
top topics
 
13
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

log in

join