It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Service to Self is better than Service to Others (Please read before judging!)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I find it ironic that the people on here who claim to put others first.... are ripping into you.... thats not helping folks.

If you think he is wrong, help him to be right.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dontlaughthink

Exactly. They "rip" into me, with defensiveness, to defend their belief systems. If they really wanted to put others first they'd stay calm and explain why I should believe they are correct. I guess their "ego" gets in the way... oh well that only proves my point that people are still somewhat selfish and hiding it.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by dontlaughthink

Exactly. They "rip" into me, with defensiveness, to defend their belief systems. If they really wanted to put others first they'd stay calm and explain why I should believe they are correct. I guess their "ego" gets in the way... oh well that only proves my point that people are still somewhat selfish and hiding it.

If my word don't "come across happy', that is YOUR judgment. It is YOUR mind filtering the text.

A person can type anything, you do not know how they feel in reality...

If I put a bunch of exclamation marks (!!!!!!) do you believe I am yelling in reality?

So, we are ripping into you with defensiveness to defend our belief system, yeah. Because you can tell

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

I actuallly agree with some of your beliefs. All i asked for was your experienced based examples of how you have made or making others stronger pursing the self. If there is a disconnect well now is the time to clear things up, the floor is yours and the spotlight is shining. Im way in the back row and waiting to listen to you sing!

edit on 28-8-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2012 by AthlonSavage because: Lives in the world of the plastic age

edit on 28-8-2012 by AthlonSavage because: too many exclamation marks

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Yes, I can't sense your "emotion" just by text. I can assume and make an educated guess, but I can tell you are being defensive by the seemly desperate responses to defend your belief system.

Nothing is convincing me yet that Serve to Others is better than Service to Self.

Like I said, Service to Others tends to make people less weak, when people are Service to Self oriented they can become their strongest and not depend on others as much.

YES, I am not denying that some situations MAY happen that you cannot help yourself much in, but when you are Service to Others oriented, it becomes much more likely, because you are all helping each other rather than becoming strong on your own.

If you become Service To Self, you will love yourself and therefore will feel "jealous" less since you already think you are awesome; feel "greed" less since you already feel satisfied with who you are rather than "things".

People who feel like they "need" things to be validated are not service to self, they are still worried about the opinions of others, and if you need to "steal" from others, then you feel weak and self-suficient inside otherwises you'd know you are awesome as you are.

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
I actuallly agree with some of your beliefs. All i asked for was your experienced based examples of how you have made or making others stronger pursing the self.

I will not tell you of these experiences because it isn't needed. Whether I am an evil human being, or the kindest human being in the world, that does not change the fact of whether or not what I said was actually TRUE.

Is a cigarette smoker lying that you get cancer from smoking just because he still does it? No.
edit on 28-8-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

your latest post is much more coherent in logic. I guess you went away and thought though more the concept of service to self. I am still interested in knowing the metrics of how well this system is working for you. What powers have your unlocked? do you see yourself as a ascended guide?
edit on 28-8-2012 by AthlonSavage because: and can you sing!

People who feel like they "need" things to be validated are not service to self, they are still worried about the opinions of others, and if you need to "steal" from others, then you feel weak and self-suficient inside otherwises you'd know you are awesome as you are.

There is also the thing called curiosity for which validation one aspect of its character will seek a view of tthe binary force between cause and effect. All matter is in motion even that which appears inanimate. When i ask for validation its to see the binary force, view it directly and measure the potency of its guided effect.

and if you need to "steal" from others

That statement was a reak under the belt, i have never stolen anything from anyone ever, every moment of my life is totally oriignal!!!!!

edit on 28-8-2012 by AthlonSavage because: anything you can do i can do better!

extra DIV

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I thought I'd wait a day then have another look, but your still pushing the same barrow.
If you believe service to self is more important then serving the community, helping your fellow man, pitching in,
taking one for the team etc. Then you may as well go live as a hermit or on a desert island.
I for one am always willing to help another person, even someone as confused as you are.
Which is why I offer this advice. Self - centered people get disliked real quickly.
Look in any work environment and those who look after themselves are often ostracised by other workmates.
Obviously the bosses look after themselves first which is often how they got to their position in the first place, by stepping on heads up the corporate ladder.
If thats what you want then good luck to you. I believe in Karma and Virtue, and your thinking creates little Virtue but a lot of Karma, which in Buddhist terms, a lot of reincarnating to erase the Karma.
You'll just make future lives more difficult, but you may get rich in this one.
Peace

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

enjoyed the thread but time to chill for me, hope you enjoy. best wishes to you all.what ever you think you may or not be .

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Karma is a lie in order to keep people mentally enslaved just like most religions...

It doesn't matter if people "like" it or "not". Many people don't like a lot of things about reality/truth.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

edit on 28-8-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Karma is a lie in order to keep people mentally enslaved just like most religions...

It doesn't matter if people "like" it or "not". Many people don't like a lot of things about reality/truth.

Lol im surfing your thread cause its an easy wave to ride. Eventually however all waves however have to hit the beach. Are you on a crusade here? What point are you trying to make now? That religion is false and karma is a chain?
I have to ask what actually is your profession? Im curious because im certain with you views your either a wealthy elitess, or a workshop teacher of new age principals and if not them things just a everyday person startng a thread on ATs as a form of amsuement to kill time?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou

Originally posted by violet
Is this some Ayn rand phlosophy?
Well it's just plain selfish.

Spare me the I helped them learn justifications.

One day you may need others to help you and they won't because you never helped them.

I'm disabled and require assistance every day of my life. I wasn't born this way and I didn't like my new life of always needing help. I had to get lessons on how to ask for help because i couldnt do it. I'm not a taker, never had been.

Lots of times complete strangers will offer to give me a hand as they pass by and do you know how nice that is? So glad everybody isn't like you.

I'm very insulted by your post.

edit on 27-8-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

I wanted to finish reading down the page before I chimed in, but your claim to insult prompted me to respond now. You're response to this person's statement shows that you have next to no understanding of what he just said, and at the same time probably understand what he said more than you know.

This man tried to say in the best way he could have that we can't help others without our own inner strength. That strength must be built up before you can even think about helping others. Ex: if you don't build up your muscles, you can't carry your friend to his car.

I get sick and tired of people taking the high moral position on the wrong side of an argument. You, someone who's handicapped, wants to tell someone you are offended at his thought process, assuming he's a dumb@$$ for saying such. No one would say that without thinking about it and because you've probably never had someone tell you their opinion to your face, you don't know otherwise.

Of course he would help obvious handicaps. The problem is wasting energy on helping people who could otherwise help themselves if they only understood that it was in their power to do so. I'm tired of all this PC BS!

You guys are hammering down on him for telling the absolute truth and you have no idea that this is what is leading to the downfall of natural law.

I'd go on, but I might say something I'd regret. Nothing personal so if I hurt yours or anyone else's feelings it was because I want to shed some well needed light.

I spoke out in defense. Yes I was insulted and I don't need to explain why.
Too bad your sick by it. You make me sick how's that?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
reply to post by arpgme

I thought I'd wait a day then have another look, but your still pushing the same barrow.
If you believe service to self is more important then serving the community, helping your fellow man, pitching in,
taking one for the team etc. Then you may as well go live as a hermit or on a desert island.
I for one am always willing to help another person, even someone as confused as you are.
Which is why I offer this advice. Self - centered people get disliked real quickly.
Look in any work environment and those who look after themselves are often ostracised by other workmates.
Obviously the bosses look after themselves first which is often how they got to their position in the first place, by stepping on heads up the corporate ladder.
If thats what you want then good luck to you. I believe in Karma and Virtue, and your thinking creates little Virtue but a lot of Karma, which in Buddhist terms, a lot of reincarnating to erase the Karma.
You'll just make future lives more difficult, but you may get rich in this one.
Peace

There are a lot of folks on this thread who are having big trouble understanding the OP's OP. And since you don't understand it, it becomes rather pointless to argue your side. You must first seek to understand and only then be understood. Since most of you don't seem to live by any principles, I can't expect you to have figured that out.

And when you don't live by any principles, you become naturally weak and hence dependent upon others for survival. Since you lean upon a weak person for help, you're making them weaker in the process. This makes them lean upon you making you weak in the process. This is a vicious cycle causing the societal degradation that we all see.

No one but you can increase your own strength and I stand by that statement. And believe me you don't want to go there. Remember the statement, "Be the change you want to see in the world."? That is because only you can effect change.

Build yourself up. Then you become strong enough to build others up. It's that simple.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread875591/pg5#pid14858409]post by TheMatrixusesYou[/

Too bad your sick by it. You make me sick how's that?

Your anger is quite delicious. I think I'll just feed on it as long as you keep supplying it. Is that what you want to give to the world as your legacy?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Guys you have worked it out havent you the OP she is just playing us off against eachother for amusement. You may already have realised that, if so, have fun going at eachother.

the OP is half right and half confused by somethings about the human being. Human beings are meant to work in teams. To enhance a team to its maximum potential everyone needs to work on the best they can be at their own skills and capabilities. Teamwork is what binds all them uniques skills togther. A team member in no good to the team if they are harsh, or cruel. lazy or cant do their part correctly I sense in the OP some harshness and cruelty in the heart. Thats my opinion.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I have been hearing a lot lately about how evil Rand's philosophy is...

I have never read one of her books but after watching that video,

I understand what she is saying,

She speaks of a metaphysical principle and not an ideology or political stance.

Artists are always misunderstood in this way...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Guys you have worked it out havent you the OP she is just playing us off against eachother for amusement. You may already have realised that, if so, have fun going at eachother.

the OP is half right and half confused by somethings about the human being. Human beings are meant to work in teams. To enhance a team to its maximum potential everyone needs to work on the best they can be at their own skills and capabilities. Teamwork is what binds all them uniques skills togther. A team member in no good to the team if they are harsh, or cruel. lazy or cant do their part correctly I sense in the OP some harshness and cruelty in the heart. Thats my opinion.

The OP is female? Oops.
No. I know She/he's not playing us off against each other, but there usually are hot tempers that flare in any thread. I also know you're not getting the satisfaction you need from the OP where you're looking for some kind of proof that they know what they are talking about. If you read my posts, you can see I know what I'm talking about. It doesn't matter if the OP knows what they are talking about. They are just stating a universal truth. Does it matter if they say it or someone else?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou

reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread875591/pg5#pid14858409]post by TheMatrixusesYou[/

Too bad you're sick by it. You make me sick how's that?

Your anger is quite delicious. I think I'll just feed on it as long as you keep supplying it. Is that what you want to give to the world as your legacy? [/Quote]

,".........

I have no comment to you... Feed on that

I'm leaving the thread, find yourself another

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by djr33222

Read Atlas Shrugged. I promise you it will change your life. She wrote that book in like the 40's and I think it took her 11 years to write it. She was born in Communist Russia and emigrated to the U.S. She knew what it was like to have the borg mentality take over a country which is exactly what communism is. That book served as a warning to us as to how it can happen and when you read it, you'll see the parallels to today.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

In other words,

A truism of all people's psychic lives, commonly referred to as the ego.

It is just an organizing principle from which to view the world,

There are many others like it but this one is pretty unique.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join