It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Testing my strength...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
So I am competitive by nature and my egotism goes hand in hand with that, sort of. It all started in high school when I joined the wrestling team and then later on an "Arm Wrestling" club as odd as that sounds so I can start testing my physicality and limitations. Through-out high school I've maintained a flawless record (out of the few who can actually be in my weight class.) in wrestling and no one has ever beat me in arm wrestling. It both cases it wasn't even about technique, I simply overpowered them; I was the perfect combination of size, speed, and overall strength and sure there was was some strong guys, but I was more genetically superior. Now I also have a several martial arts backgrounds such as Capoeira, Muay Thai, Judo, and of course a Wrestling background. I have athletic friends that I spar with all the time at the gym but...they can't match up to me. Here am I at the point where I'm so full of myself that I think no one can possibly beat me in a hand to hand fight and outmatch me physically. I've entertain the idea of joining MMA or possibly joining the national team and qualifying for the Olympics or something and I still think about it...but need to make ends me first. Anyway this brings up my following question which maybe more or less pertinent to what I just said.

Do you guys/gals think I can outmatch a Bear or a Gorilla? Not saying I'm going out into the wild and pick a fight with either (I would never harm one unprovoked.), but by some off chance I meet one in a dark alley somewhere I need to be able to know I can take one down. Is it humanly possible to outpower either? Should I start strength training incase?

edit on 27-8-2012 by Versus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
My guess would be NO...you can not take a gorilla or a bear.

Why? Have you ever played with a very small dog (like a chihuahua)? If anyone has played tug of war with one of these small dogs they are unreal strong.

Animals (unlike people) are pure muscle (I would imagine even more so in a wild animal not fed junk/people food). There is no fat, just well toned solid muscle. If a chihuahua is that strong, then a bear or a gorilla would have to be extremely strong.

Of course I am not a scientist or a vet...but I do have observation in my favor and my common sense says run away if you meet one in a back alley!!

edit on 8/27/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Although this website is two years old and hasn't been updated, have you ever thought of trying this:

www.gatorfarm.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Excuse my lack of knowledge of 'Gators, but I don't have high opinions on reptiles since most of them like 'Gators the only thing to watch out is for their jaws and possibly tail. It couldn't possibly overwhelm me; if I pass a farm I'll definitely check it out I guess.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Versus

You're kidding, right?

No matter how much you think you know, one wrong move can tear your face off. Alligator wrestling is a very dangerous thing, and many people do get seriously injured. Those injuries usually happen by accident or when one gets careless.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Simply asking the question suggests that you might actually try to fight a bear or gorilla. I, for one, would love to see that. Tell me when and where and I will buy a ticket for that show.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Alright, let me give you some perspective...

If I were an X-Men I'd be Sabretooth, yes healing abilities and all.

But I shall accept your challenge if it's being issued and update in a future topic

Of course I doubt there are any gator farms here and I'm not a fan of inconvenience.

I just HATE having limitations; it grinds my gears
I always need to challenge myself... Keep in mind while my questions are hypothetical(?) I don't think I would run away if I met a Bear or Gorilla...in an alley.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Versus

Whoa, Nellie. You obviously have not been out in the wetlands at 2 am and watched them feed. Come out of the water to grab something on land, then go back in....at Turbo Speed. Literally in the blink of an eye. They can crush a wild boar's head in their jaws. One good pass with that tail of theirs and you would have multiple broken bones.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Alright 'Gator enthusiasts let's discuss about Bears and Primates only. But a small rebuttal, those reptiles haven't seen me either
.(Sure their prowess is documented, but whatever...)

Anyway...At the same time I'm also impress by these mammals. Like, why are they so god damn strong? It's just insane for me to think. I remember seeing a FOX special where a Sumo was Tug-O-Waring with a 'tang and it won so effortlessly.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
A small chimpanzee could rip your arms out of their sockets, easily, no matter how strong you think you are.

And to sneer at gators, you are obviously not from Florida.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Whoa man.

While you at it, why not try a Rhino or maybe a Lion on.

Sounds like you think you are Samson reborn.

Confidence is good, over confidence is a setup for disaster....

vvv

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Versus

Versus your my hero

I will fight you one day when the time comes.

new topics

top topics

join