It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oatmeal's Tesla Fundraiser Pushes Past $1.1M

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I believe it was the rockerfellers that ended his life if i am not mistaken.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
just his known stuff would be interesting

but what about the truck loads of files and equipment seized by the government upon his death...

much of that stuff would never come to light, or be censored so much it would be a page of black bars

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
All you need to know about Tesla is in this video!

History on Tesla

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by qvision
I don't see the point of this new museum, all of the good stuff is already in the existing museum and they won't be letting go of any of it ...

We'll do fine with reproductions. We, the USA, need this museum because we have been systematically lied to through our education system.
edit on 28-8-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

Ok, That would be earth shattering...no pun intended...well maybe a little. That would be the stepping stone human kind would need.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
this is awesome news, i contributed $50 so one day i can hopefully go and see this. even though im in australia its some place i would love to take my kids someday. tesla is an unsung hero

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Just think if Tesla could have raised this amount of funds in his time, possibly how different the world might be. Killed off by the greedy multinationals. Saddened by mans insationable lust for profit. I shake my head at mankind.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
one thing that the oatmeal is not telling you that you need a car to visit the tesla museum. I live in new york and there is no easy access at all. it is atleast 5 miles from the nearest LIRR station.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pellian
one thing that the oatmeal is not telling you that you need a car to visit the tesla museum. I live in new york and there is no easy access at all. it is atleast 5 miles from the nearest LIRR station.

I would think they'd have a shuttle.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Amazing news,

keep going,

how much is needed to complete the museum?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Phatdamage

See for yourself.

Tesla Museum

$1,148,242

Raised of $850,000 Goal

And right now a non-profit is trying to buy the property and turn it into a Nikola Tesla Museum. The property is listed at $1.6 million, and this non-profit has received a matching grant from New York State of up to $850k. This means that if we can raise $850k, New York State will match us for that same amount -- putting the total raised at $1.7 million.

Currently they've made the goal for purchasing the land. Any more money raised goes to renovating the facilities.
And it looks like they are on their way to actually doing that.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hmmm....The government seized all of Teslas things, technically this 1.1 million has Tesla's name written all over it. Better hide that Tesla money.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Why was his things confiscated by the govt? Now that its many years later, surely they can release this info for the general population? Could the museum ask the govt for it? What ever fancy tales there are about his work. Surely releashing it would be the answer to these questions and who knows? May inspire some one else. After a google I came across this link. There already is a museum and his work is there.
www.tfcbooks.com...&a_001.htm
edit on 28-8-2012 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
Why was his things confiscated by the govt? Now that its many years later, surely they can release this info for the general population? Could the museum ask the govt for it? What ever fancy tales there are about his work. Surely releashing it would be the answer to these questions and who knows? May inspire some one else. After a google I came across this link. There already is a museum and his work is there.
www.tfcbooks.com...&a_001.htm
edit on 28-8-2012 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

Hundreds maybe Thousands of designs, patents and inventions that will never see the light of day.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

I think a lot of Tesla's research could have been retrofitted by power hungry people to make weapons. There is no doubt in my mind about that. I can see why the government would have confiscated lots of his stuff.

I keep coming up with ideas, figure them out, then scrap them when I figure how people will misuse the ideas. Many of my ideas include creating energy from nature and the earth's energy. Some of these seem harmless but the greed and desire for power in people can always make harmless things very dangerous. Funny thing is that I feel all these things have already known in high sciences but the fundamentals of their design and the reason they work are not let out to the people. Patent a product. The reason they really work is not what we are told.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

The Lesla shuttle. Running only on atmospheric electomagnetic charge. How sweet would that be?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bowtomonkey

HI

Few days ago i been in Smiljan,
In Tesla House and Laboratory,
and seen and do interesting stuff.
If u want i can send you pictures of Tesla place.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I think a lot of Tesla's research could have been retrofitted by power hungry people to make weapons. There is no doubt in my mind about that. I can see why the government would have confiscated lots of his stuff.

That is the bottom line with any technology, ultimately we live in a theatre of war so we will never see technology flourish the way Tesla envisioned and he simply didn't realise or want to admit that the world is a very cruel place indeed.

The problem is anything that takes control and profit away from the corporations (and any other organisation that profits from the worlds current energy economy) and gives people like you and me more freedom...the only conspiracy in the world is that, we are consumers and we must make profit for others.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

How would you like it if I told someone a half mile from you how to make enough energy to power his home using common junk from a scrapyard, some naturally occurring things from nature, and little cost. He then tries to build it bigger, ignoring my warnings, so he can make some money selling electricity to the neighbors. By doing this he creates a ten mile wide crater and kills many people.

Would you want me to tell your neighbor of this technology? Do you think the people you know are ready for technology like this?
edit on 28-8-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

The Oatmeal's Tesla Fundraiser Pushes Past $1.1M

www.pcmag.com

With 34 days to go in his publicly funded campaign to, "build a goddamn Tesla Museum," Web cartoonist Matthew Inman — creator of The Oatmeal — has blown past his initial goal of raising $850,000 by a fairly substantial amount.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8/28/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--BAN Requirements--Please Use EXACT Headline.

Thanks for this post. I donated

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join