It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oatmeal's Tesla Fundraiser Pushes Past $1.1M

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

The Oatmeal's Tesla Fundraiser Pushes Past $1.1M

www.pcmag.com

With 34 days to go in his publicly funded campaign to, "build a goddamn Tesla Museum," Web cartoonist Matthew Inman — creator of The Oatmeal — has blown past his initial goal of raising $850,000 by a fairly substantial amount.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8/28/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--BAN Requirements--Please Use EXACT Headline.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I tried to find the thread I posted in but it seems to has gone in the Web waste land.

Anyway, I knew this goal would be blown away in not time. I am sure there is still room to spare so the Actual Museum will be what it should be. Much larger than most Museum's in the World that are dedicated to much smaller minds.

www.pcmag.com

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Wow that's awesome news. It's about time we started to give this man the respect he deserves.

"The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine." ~ Nikola Tesla

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Tesla is not normal.

The more I learn about this character the more I realise that he was something else...

Even his written commentary about the effects of celestial objects is "out there"

What is most unusual about him is that he was so far ahead of his time!!

I had no idea about the museum. Build it. Build it!!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I'm glad this is being done. Like most cattle, I only recently started learning about this man. It started for me about 3 years ago, when I saw someone playing music on a Tesla coil. I believe it was the Mario theme song. After that I started reading, and again, this needs to happen. So.. yay!

ETA:

edit on 27-8-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Good News and Hope Tesla will be recognised for the quirky genius
that he was

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Edison screwed Tesla over, should have been a mass wireless power system, instead we got wired AC/DC antiquated system even at its conception. Also TPTB most lightly killed the poor old gentleman and stole his papers since they were missing when they found his body locked in a hotel room, wonder what NWO lab they reside in now?
edit on 27-8-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Two serbs....two enigmas.

Nikola Tesla and Edward Leedskalnin (sp?)

They knew the most important secrets of the earth and the Universe.

As mentioned, the PTB took complete advantage of Tesla's supremely humble nature and used & abused him.

Edison was a poor excuse for a human being and an even poorer excuse for a scientist. I think "leeching thief" is a more fitting descriptor. Marconi, too. He used Tesla's developments to transmit those first transatlantic radio transmissions.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by InfiniteConsciousness

Edward Leedskalnin, thats the dude that built the coral palace, 100s of ton's in weight moved with only block and tackle + his small magic pyramid/box. Wonder what was inside? Something of ancient egyptian descent? This dude may have re-mastered the art of anti-gravity. Did he die suspiciously?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by InfiniteConsciousness

Edward Leedskalnin, thats the dude that built the coral palace, 100s of ton's in weight moved with only block and tackle + his small magic pyramid/box. Wonder what was inside? Something of ancient egyptian descent? This dude may have re-mastered the art of anti-gravity. Did he die suspiciously?

I'm not sure about the circumstances surrounding his passing. I do think that he was kind of a recluse and didn't socialize much. He was very secretive about his knowledge and would not divulge any of it to anyone.

Did you know that he actually moved much of the castle from one site up the road a few miles to a more desirable site? I had heard some urban legend stuff about that. He hired a flatbed truck to move the stone and told the driver to take a hike while he prepared everything. The driver was told to come back the next morning to haul the stone to the new site. From what I hear, the driver's curiosity got the best of him and he came back to spy on Edward an hour or so later. To his amazement, he found the flatbed completely loaded with thousands of pounds of coral blocks. Even if he took 8 hours to do all of that by himself, it's still amazing and unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfiniteConsciousness

As mentioned, the PTB took complete advantage of Tesla's supremely humble nature and used & abused him.

Edison was a poor excuse for a human being and an even poorer excuse for a scientist. I think "leeching thief" is a more fitting descriptor. Marconi, too. He used Tesla's developments to transmit those first transatlantic radio transmissions.

Edward Leedskalnin was Serb? I don't think so.

They might have been both orhodox, but Tesla as far as I can remember was only ethnically Serb, but born in Croatia while country was under Austrian Empire rule and later has migrated to USA.

I was listening about this news last week on NPR. According to news, one librarian actually started everything and was looking for help as current owner of Tesla research were looking to sell property and whole place would be destroyed by any prospect buyer.

Indeed interesting development especially with cartoonist whole had some cartoons about Tesla.

F+S for topic.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

Leedskalnin was Latvian wasn't he?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
All hail, Matt Inman and those who support him.

His last fund raising drive for the World Wildlife Fund and American Cancer society, overshot the goal before the deadline. This current fund raiser looks like it's going to break a record.

The Oatmeal makes people laugh everyday & it gives to the right causes. They deserve an award.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

they should raise money to build this:

the wireless electricity antenna

source

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Wireless power transmission is allready employed in modern diesel electric submarines, they use a towed antenna array(0.5-1Km long) to draw power(current in amps) from ELF(Extremely low Frequency) waves transmitted from who knows where. They can also use this array for OTH(over the horizon) communication without interaction with satellites. Most lightly some precursor to the HAARP project. This has been happening since the 60s!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

Tesla is Heating Up!!

www.pcmag.com

With 34 days to go in his publicly funded campaign to, "build a goddamn Tesla Museum," Web cartoonist Matthew Inman — creator of The Oatmeal — has blown past his initial goal of raising $850,000 by a fairly substantial amount.

awesome news!!! can't wait to go there !!

he was an amazing person

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Edison screwed Tesla over, should have been a mass wireless power system, instead we got wired AC/DC antiquated system even at its conception. Also TPTB most lightly killed the poor old gentleman and stole his papers since they were missing when they found his body locked in a hotel room, wonder what NWO lab they reside in now?

J.P. Morgan...a (relative) billionaire of that time, didn't want anything to do with giving away something for free...like most wealthy conservative people, he cared about making money, and not about making a selfless contribution to benefit mankind. edison fit that mold, and so old J.P. backed him, and turned down tesla for monetary support

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfiniteConsciousness

Leedskalnin didn't do anything, it was his team of elves, of course they did like him and they don't like many people!

Interesting
Edward Leedskalnin was a man of slight build and stature, measuring no more than 5 feet (152 cm) tall and never exceeded a weight of more than 120 lbs (54.43 kg).
edit on 27-8-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Just adding to this excellent post:

Originally posted by jimmyx
J.P. Morgan...a (relative) billionaire of that time, didn't want anything to do with giving away something for free...like most wealthy conservative people, he cared about making money, and not about making a selfless contribution to benefit mankind. edison fit that mold, and so old J.P. backed him, and turned down tesla for monetary support

Tesla's work was initially sponsored by the copper magnate J.P. Morgan, who could see many more millions in the copper wire which would transmit Tesla's AC current around the world. When Morgan learned that Tesla was working on a system which would transmit energy without wires -- and thus the power going to homes could not be metered! -- Morgan dropped Tesla cold.

Source
edit on 27/8/2012 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaaiii
reply to post by SuperFrog

Leedskalnin was Latvian wasn't he?

yes
Republic of Latvia (Latvian: Latvijas Republika), is a country in the Baltic region of Northern Europe. It is bordered to the north by Estonia (border length 343 km), to the south by Lithuania (588 km), to the east by the Russian Federation (276 km), to the southeast by Belarus (141 km),[8] and shares maritime borders to the west with Sweden. With 2,070,371 inhabitants[5] and a territory of 64,589 km2 (24,938 sq mi)[9] it is one of the least populous and least densely populated countries of the European Union.
en.wikipedia.org...

Tesla was
Born to Serbian parents in the village of Smiljan (present-day Croatia),
edit on 27-8-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join