It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arthur Davis: This isn't the Democratic Party I Used to Know:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

Worse they are unpaid shills.

Mr. Davis isn't what most would have called a solid Democrat anyway. Representing Alabama he leaned more to the right, and failed his run at Governor. I doubt it is a problem with the party he has but rather one of wanting to continue to be elected in the future. He already knows he can't run as an Independent and with the Republican Party pulling ever harder right he made a calculation that he has better chances as a Republican.
edit on 27-8-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Not everyone gets paid for what they like to do. If you get paid for what you like you do, then I envy you!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
When will the reds and blues wake up? Both sides play you against the other on these petty social issues. Abortion? What a rape is? Religion? Garbage issues that don't matter in the grand scheme of their plans.

Their stock in trade is divisiveness. By polarizing the American public on foolish issues they blind us on the major game-changing issues, which they are all in lock-step with. Deconstruction of American wealth and power? Stripping away liberties and rights of the citizenry? Cessation of sovereign power to international jurisdiction?
THESE are the issues which are behind the shiny curtains, these are the issues that they blind us from using juicy soundbites and misspoken quotes.

There are armies of people who's career is to steer the sheeple, guide our subconscious from one emotional trough to another, with the goal that we never think to look over the fence...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Endorra
reply to post by jjf3rd77

That does not make any sense. His own party is not as good as it used to be so instead of trying to rework things, he jumps ship and just goes to the opposite side altogether? I do not see how Democrats getting sloppy makes Republicans better.

Thats because the repulicans are looking like old school dems these days.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

Sorry, but I can't vote for Ron Paul. I've watch one too many elections where he remained in the race to wipe out my favorite choice in the GOP primary. Ron Paul, ends up with surplus campaign funds while everyone else has campaign debt.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Thats because the repulicans are looking like old school dems these days.

O really?
You are going to have to spell that out real slow for me.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
It's easier to understand the analogy of jumping to another sinking ship when you consider that the Obama administration is putting MORE water into the boat.

To paraphrase, "We have to sink this ship in order to make it float."

and AGAIN, one other boat is not the only option. This is someone who supposedly opposed this one other boat more than all other options, then got in that boat instead of any of the other options.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Wow, "deny ignorance?" So are you saying that all conservatives on ATS are paid shills?

Well. . . . . . they did have a good dental plan. . . . .

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Endorra

Originally posted by beezzer
It's easier to understand the analogy of jumping to another sinking ship when you consider that the Obama administration is putting MORE water into the boat.

To paraphrase, "We have to sink this ship in order to make it float."

and AGAIN, one other boat is not the only option. This is someone who supposedly opposed this one other boat more than all other options, then got in that boat instead of any of the other options.

Which tells me that he isn't so much FOR the GOP as he is AGAINST the DNC.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

3. Decide who supports mass murder now, and who gets paid the big money.

In other words, social conservatives wish to classify woman's choice of what to do with their own body as murder based on their religious beliefs. That all such procedures should be banned to satisfy the need of the religious to control the lives of others through laws.

Anyhow, I have a feeling he switched parties for personal gain and not due to any change in the party itself.
edit on 27-8-2012 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join