It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Within time, some things are gained and some things are lost

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
As we move onward towards the future we gain knowledge and many things we thought not possible become reality. As we discover new things or as we are taught differently of many things, others are put aside, sometimes to resurface, and sometimes gone forever. All can easily be changed within time. Just think about how society has become now and how it was before. Newer knowledge, ideas, and such have replaced others. But there are cases in which some of the greater things of the past have been put aside.

As a whole, or maybe as an individual, there are plenty of paths taken that lead to the infinite paths ahead. I bet some of you could name some that are at the top of your head but right now I can't think of many examples at the moment ^^ Just had to post this though while it was fresh in memory.

But what do you think we have lost overtime that we should bring back. What good and bad things have we gained and lost?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
*sigh* I definitely posted this in the wrong forum.. haha ^^ Sorry about that mistake

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well it isn't to bad as an introduction. I think one of the main things we have lost is trust of our fellow man and a sense of security in our communities, just my opinion. Welcome to the boards.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
Well it isn't to bad as an introduction. I think one of the main things we have lost is trust of our fellow man and a sense of security in our communities, just my opinion. Welcome to the boards.

Really? I did post an introduction a while back. Just felt kind of embarrassed but thanks for the reply. I do agree we have lost our trust. Maybe it's just the conflicts that we see, the doom and gloom, the paranoia. We aren't very sure of life and what we are supposed to do except progress...and accelerate...gain further knowledge and live our lives until it ends.

But I think we have lost many important things...maybe the puzzles to the whole picture. I believe we carry it but label it as just a random thought, never realizing it is important to fit that part of the puzzle with another idea.

top topics

join