It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CIA and the UFO Mythos

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Sorry I have not read through every single post but what must be emphasised is the cold war. The mythos of deals struck with the greys and the reengineering of "Crashed saucers" were powerful propaganda tools in the cold war areana.

This MYTHOS has now take on a life of its own despite the cold war is now over and communiasm lost.

Tiger5

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5

Sorry I have not read through every single post but what must be emphasised is the cold war..

Yes, the Cold War has been emphasized quite a bit in various posts and it's certainly an important factor, some of the posted government UFO documents are also worth a look.

Richard Theme also makes some relevant comments about the subject in his interview about the book "UFOs and Government: A Historical Inquiry" and there's a good history found here.

How U.S. government spun the UFO tale

Q. Describe the history of the U.S. government and military response.

A. The response to the phenomenon generally was to formulate as a policy decision to ridicule and debunk reports in the interest of national security. The CIA and Air Force made a reasonable decision in light of the Soviet Union threat to spoof the phenomenon, to cover a possible nuclear attack. And the reason that was a concern was that in 1952, there were so many sightings over Washington, D.C., so dramatic, that the calls coming into the Pentagon overwhelmed the switchboard and there was a genuine concern that there was a denial of service attack giving the Soviet Union a jump in an attack. The Robertson Panel made the decision to ridicule people. Illusion, misdirection and ridicule are the three legs of the stool of deception. I've talked to pilots who saw a UFO and their superiors said, "You must have been drinking." All you needed to do is have your eyesight or your drinking questioned and you didn't fly again. I'm willing to talk about this subject because I don't have much to lose.

Q. What is the biggest revelation you found in your research?

A. That the documentation represents a compelling, accurate historical narrative of at best government obfuscation and at worst manipulation of the facts in the interest of national security.

link

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
A CIA truck was followed to a salvage yard and the parts were
looked at showing GE markings and high voltage specifications.
I don't think the observer was banned from the yard or the parts
were confidential but the TeslaUFOships theory got a boost.
Numerous times salvage yards in New Mexico had items that
were released and brought back and once where authorities waited
till the next unauthorized yard deposit was made and the perp
had to face justice. But if you unwittingly pick up UFO gear its
not your fault and should not be pressed by authorities.
So Ufology is not completely in the skies or photos analysis.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Its funny, I do firmly believe that 99% of UFO cases are either Military Black Ops ( Cool Experimental Planes ) or CIA perpetrated dis-info to cover new tech. It kinda bothers me when people say " Theres no way it was from this planet " Humans are very crafty in this day and age. It is said that Military tech is at least 40 yrs ahead of the private sector. Development in the United States occurred in 1958 for the earliest stealth tech. They told us about it, what, in the '80s. Or how about the tech they use to power nuclear subs. Clean efficient energy in abundance. Just sayin.....

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Oh dear...you've really upset the apple cart now.

My theory is this: The CIA are anti ufo and have been since the beginning. This is because they are being manipulated by an anti alien faction of spirits in the real world. There is a struggle for dominance of this world between various factions of spirits/aliens and the CIA are serving a faction that wants to keep the aliens out of this world.

The time is now ripe for the CIA to pretend that they created all kinds of ufo phenomena (maybe they did create some). They can now claim responsibility for all kinds of things and thoroughly throw ufology into confusion and drive people away from it - something they would rejoice in.

From the link you provided-

In a fascinating essay entitled "Sorcery, Sex, Assassination, and the Science of Symbolism", author James Shelby Downard describes a "Sirius-worship cult" reaching all the way to the highest levels of the CIA. In this provocative piece, Shelby describes one of their rituals taking place at the Palomar Observatory under the telescopically focused light of Sirius, bathing its participants in luminance of the majestic Dog-Star; a true Illuminati ritual on high.
Link

Whether the CIA are involved in magic is debatable but they are, on one way or another, involved with this on the highest (spiritual) levels and they are an anti alien instrument.
edit on 11-4-2014 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

SpringerI've spent many hours discussing these topics with several very "way up there" former intelligence officers, high ranking military officers, etc... And every single one of them (who were being honest and not trying to B.S. me in the hope of gaining something) expressed significant confusion and a deep desire to learn more about the incidents and reports they knew there was no explanation for.

But at the highest levels the CIA know what is going on. See my previous post...

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hi GUT,

Do you know where I could read more about Leon Davidson's thoughts? When searching online I found some FOIA'd stuff plus archival material, such as this "open letter" (which wasn't actually intended for publication, apparently). Interestingly, among other things, he alleges experiments with artificial meteors and V-2 rockets led to the "green fireball" phenomena observed in some parts of the US.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BurgundyFold
Hiya, Burgundy. Somebody here dug deeper into Davidson if I recall, but good luck with the search function here. I do recall the green fireball assertion in relation to Davidson. If I recall correctly he had a pretty convincing argument!

Let us know if you find anything to deepen our understanding.

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   
An outstanding OP!

The CIA's crimes, including within the history of ufology, are so voluminous, one reason to NOT EVER have any disclosure is that if what the CIA did, even within a relatively benign area as of ufology, is so bad that to disclose their deeds would surely, justifiably, put them out of business...

What would be needed is a South African style( when apartheid was overthrown): okay, we forgive all sins. Just tell us the facts of what crimes you committed.

Then and only then likely will there be any kind of disclosure. Of course, many of those criminals are dead now; maybe that’s why the disclosure movement is possible today.

The problem is that if disclosure comes about, the CIA's deeds are so sinister they would be destroyed.

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Here's something interesting I came across yesterday reading Jacques Valles's FS 5. I wanted to post this on mm's old TTSA thread, but I don't see it, but it's related to this thread's general theme of CIA and secret military involvement with the ufo subject.

Valle mentions from 2002 something very strange.
Referring to CIA spooky group head Kit Green
on secret US gov groups involved in ufo research.

"Kit did mention a group that includes Chris Mellon, involved with advanced aeronautics and " infotainment."
He had to resign when legal complexities were found. He gave no details."

Remember, this is from 2002, not 2017, long before TTSA s advent in 2017, led by the info-ufotainment and secret aerial rocket ship-obsessed Tom Delonge.

So Mellon, a contributor to the 2017 NYT TTSA hoopla, apparently was involved with infotainment( likely referring to ufotainemnt) in 2002---an identical idea to the TTSA of 2017).

Coincidence. I doubt it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join