It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eisenhower Concentration camps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
All of you know about the concentration camps set up by the Nazis, but do you know about the Allies' camps?

Among the early U.S captives was one Corporal Helmut Liebich, who had been working in an anti-aircraft experimental group at Peenemunde on the Baltic. Liebich was captured by the Americans on April 17, near Gotha in Central Germany. Forty-two years later, he recalled vividly that there were no tents in the Gotha camp, just barbed wire fences around a field soon churned to mud. The prisoners received a small ration of food on the first day but it was then cut in half. In order to get it, they were forced to run a gauntlet. Hunched ocer, they ran between lines of American guards who hit them with sticks as they scurried towards their food. On April 27, they were transferred to the U.S. camp at Heidesheim farther wet, where there was no food at all for days, then very little. Exposed, starved, and thirsty, the men started to die. Liebich saw between ten and thirty bodies a day being dragged out of his section, B, which at first held around 5,200 men.. He saw one prisoner beat another to death to get his piece of bread. One night when it rained, Liebich saw the sides of the holes in which they were sheltered, dug in soft sandy earth, collapse on men who were too weak to struggle out. They smothered before anyone could get to them. Liebich sat down and wept. "I could hardly believe men could be so cruel to each other."

www.whale.to...

edit on 26/8/2012 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
So, who started the war?

During the WWII, 13,000 German prisoners were transported to Camp Swift in central Texas near where I reside. There they were housed, fed, given medical treatment and treated decently to say the least. That was just a small portion of what was done with the hundreds of thousands captured.

An advancing army, as both the allies and the soviets rushing into Germany were, has enough trouble trying to feed itself let along those that allowed their country to fight to the bitter end. True, the German infrastructure was destroyed by the allies bombers. Why was that? The answer was to destroy Germany and end the war. Very similar to the dropping of the atomic bombs on Japan.

Man's inhumanity starts when the first shot is fired in a war. Thereafter, all bets and most rules are put aside as each side wages war in their own manner. And when the country that fires that first shot loses in the end, you can't expect the victors to be too generous toward the conditions the defeated brought upon themself. It is not exactly a damned game. In the old days, the defeated generals fell upon their swords and the troops were massacre or put into slavery. How about praising the Marshall Plan, the Berlin Airlift, etc.?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Stalingrad ........90,000 Germans marched out of Stalingrad, under Russin capture......
3,000 survived this capture to be finally repatriated to Germany......
I bet ole IKE coulndnt beat that one.....
Death March of Bataan......forgot ther numbers but their memory is still fresh
Japanese prisoners after the devastating attacks on Hong kong, Bataan, Corriegedor Manila etc.....far more died than lived i believe.....
What part of war is hell dont you get?
When we are on the attack, we cannot take prisoners at times....nor can they.....
NOBODY IS NOT GUILTY OF THESE CRIMES.....

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I'm not denying that the Germans, Japanese and Russians committed war crimes. I was just saying that you always hear about them, but the US also has its share of crimes. Unfortunately this information is suppressed and no one knows of it.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'm not sure Eisenhower bears the blame for this as this was part of the "dislocated persons" program set forth by Roosevelt, Marshall and Churchill. People who had been forced to move during the war were given first shot at taking houses emptied by fleeing German families. Meanwhile, those German civilians languished in camps such as these. I believe Patton was aware of this and complained bitterly about it.

This was a deliberate move to destroy Germany and remove any chance of them rising again to threaten Europe.

top topics

join