It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before I found ATS my computer was mostly a jukebox.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Sure, I used it to research things like hiking trails and recipes, but most of the time my computer is a music machine for my home and shop.

I found ATS searching for home made water filters and stumbled into the survival forum. I've been hooked ever since. When I looked around the site, I couldn't believe how many topics were being discussed. Topics that I want to know about, and topics that I do know something about.

Now I check ATS at least a couple times a day to see the breaking news. And if I have an hour to kill, I come to this site and never fail to find something interesting and educational.

The wife and I are trail geeks and wilderness survival is one of our hobbies. We lived off the utility grid for 3 years in remote AZ. I put together my own solar power system and solar water heater. I also saw my neighbors come up with ingenious ways to produce electricity.

We live and remained in the heart of New Orleans during and after Katrina so we have first hand experience with marshal law, urban survival, and natural disasters. So far we have never evacuated for a storm. (Our perspective on this is not typical)

And we love music. I wish ATS had a radio function that played music as its being posted.

I hope I can contribute to these topics.

As far as most of the other topics, my opinion is constantly evolving thanks to all of you.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Check out ATS Live sometime. On the "After Midnight" shows they play a lot of music.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Thank you and I didn't know ATS live did music. I've only tuned in once, but I will check that out.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. I usually listen to the local rock radio stations while reading posts online and surfing the net. When nothing good is on the radio or I hear a lot of static due to a poor antenna, I listen to some online music here.
radiotuna.com...

I've found some really good older threads on here some time ago. It's probably in the archives on this site somewhere. I would not believe everything you read though.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Thats funny, before i found ATS I was a normal person living a normal life without worries, now i'm being chased by Men in Black and receive daily insults like "your crazy" "your dumb" from members of this site.
edit on 26-8-2012 by BacknTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. This place rocks!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Thank you for the link, that's one I haven't seen. I've discovered most college radio stations stream live and that is my main source for new music but it's very hit-and-miss.

And yes, I always bring a large grain of salt along when reading these threads. Good advice.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BacknTime

My "Rabbit Hole" moment was when I read about the Laurel Canyon Conspiracy. For days I shared this info with my musician friends and they all looked at me like I was wearing a tin foil hat or something.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Welcome to a really awesome site! I'm on here quite a bit checking out the news as well!

And that's really cool about your solar power items! Look forward to seeing what you think about things! Have a wonderful evening!!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

"When the chimes ring five, six, and seven, We'll be right in seventh heaven."

I wish I could give stars in this thread. Thank you.

edit on 26-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Your at home now tan...sound pretty solid
...I like tunes too

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

I understand your pain

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Thank you for the warm welcome. I see you are also in my vicinity. I hope this weeks weather is not problematic for you. Best of luck to you and yours.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

"Everybody I know seems to know me well
but they're never gonna know that I move like hell."

Thanks Sarn, love that song.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

I put together my own solar power system and solar water heater

Flag from me for sure.

How much did your system cost and where to purchase such a thing? I'm interested, really.

Welcome to ATS. Where learning something new everyday is a norm here. I like it that way.

edit on 13-9-2012 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Helllo there and welcome.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
can any link laural canyon thread search is not working for me
Ah forgive me i almost forgot this your introduction. cool your off the grid that says alot congarats on that and be shur to post any tips in our survival forum
welcome to Abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
can any link laural canyon thread search is not working for me
Ah forgive me i almost forgot this your introduction. cool your off the grid that says alot congarats on that and be shur to post any tips in our survival forum
welcome to Abovetopsecret.com

Here you go jplays, Although I heard about it here at ATS, the most comprehensive stuff is here;
www.davesweb.cnchost.com...
I know it's a crappy website with very elementary graphics but the info is crazy. Let me know what you think.

eta I'm only off the grid now part time. I live in New Orleans most of the time and only go back out to the cabin a couple of months out of the year
edit on 13-9-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Welcome!!

Thursdays 8-10PM EST we do a survival show called..

Bushcraft on Fire Radio

We deal mainly in the basics, trying our best to make folks comfortable in learning skills that once were handed down from generation to generation, you sound like you are ahead of the game

Fridays 9-Midnight EST is our weekly music show

After Midnight

We play creative commons music from around the globe, have a little fun with trivia, some wacky humor and great interaction with the folks listening along in the chat room..

We would love to have you tune in when you get a chance...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Tanda7,

You seem like a perfect addition to the ATS family. Lived off the grid, experienced half the stuff we're talking about. I see you going far here.

I look forward to seeing your posts in the threads!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join