It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Pussy Riot members flee Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Two Pussy Riot members flee Russia

www.guardian.co.uk

Two members of Russia's anti-Kremlin punk band Pussy Riot have fled the country to avoid prosecution for staging a protest against Vladimir Putin at a church altar, the band said on Sunday.

A Moscow court sentenced three members of the all-female opposition band to two years in prison on 17 August for staging a their song Punk Prayer at the Christ the Saviour Cathedral in February and calling on the Virgin Mary to rid Russia of Putin.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.amnestyusa.org

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well, it seems this story still has life to it. 3 convicted and two out of the country. I'd imagine they don't plan to be especially low profile now that they are out and free to talk.

This should be interesting to follow. I wonder how Russia will react to this news?

The article also suggests they are likely in a nation without extradition treaty with Russia. That sounds good. However, they mention there were a total of 12-14 additional people directly involved with what got the 3 convicted and still in Russia somewhere. Now that I sure hadn't heard before.

There is quite a bit more to this story than earlier reports seemed to indicate.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Makes me truly appreciate my luck in living where I do. No heroic act goes unpunished it seems. Russia is plummeting into the pit they gave so much to dig themselves out of.

Only a generation later and the old Soviet is back it seems.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I bet Madonna is hiding them somewhere.

Sheen Could you imagine all the good bands and songs we would be missing if we were not allowed to talk about our president. I do believe we are getting to that point soon though!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
How would you like to be the victom of a Stalinistic Soviet show trial which happens in most every nation in this day and age. It's a foocking joke. Real honest justice has long since gone the way of the dinosaur.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I read in an email yesterday that during sentencing the three said that even though they are locked up they are more free than those in the courtroom because now they can say anything they want.

Ever since i first heard of this story i have had the feeling that somehow it will create change.
But it's just a feeling that i have had.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This is great news, but does anyone have any info on the third member? Russia has a history of being heavy handed when it comes to maintaining order, from the rule of the Tsars, and Czarinas, through the Communist Regime, and now into the reign of Putin. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Russia has certainly tightened the screws in the last year or so especially. They've never really had free speech as we have it here, but it's gotten pretty bad. I've never much cared for what they did in desecrating a Church. It was over the top and flat out wrong. Just as wrong as say, a radical group in the U.S. barging into a Mosque, playing the most offensive thing they could imagine (Something Jewish I'd think....) and then expecting to stroll on out and never have to answer for it.

However, there is punishment in context and there is being clobbered with an iron fist. Putin is taking his iron supplements lately and it's showing just a little too much. It's not a good time to disagree with Moscow in the Russian Federation. I just wonder...how far they'll pursue these people beyond the Russian borders?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
That's great! I hope they come to the US because I love pussy riot, well if Im being honest I don't care too much for riots but I think most guys will agree with me.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
A heavily pregnant Nadezhda Tolokonnikova getting #ed in public in Moscow's Biology Museum as part of some art-protest #e. Just the sort of depraved public stunt that Jesuit-funded nihilists would come up with to drive a wedge between public opinion in Russia, and hasn't it done just that? We continually hear in the western controlled media how C**t Riot have "split Russia down the middle". Well there you go, it's immaterial whether these misguided young women are freed or not. They achieved what their backers set out to achieve in the first place, to destabilize Russian society.

Warning...nudity and sick display of public sex acts! (Very relevant to what I have said though)
www.liveleak.com...

These girls are sick...How anyone supports them, I will never know. Oh, but it fits "the agenda" so......pssst, whatever!
Carry on...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Alright! This is good, very good news. Well, forced to flee your mother country is not good, but at least they hopefully will be free from their unjust sentence. Yes, what next.

Thanks for the thread, Wrabbit

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Well i believe there are 5 members to the band. 3 in jail and 2 on the run.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Makes me truly appreciate my luck in living where I do. No heroic act goes unpunished it seems. Russia is plummeting into the pit they gave so much to dig themselves out of.

The Soviets never went away, they just adapted to their environment to further their agenda under a different guise...

The Communist Manifesto lays it all out word for word...they're just goin by the handbook is all. Thats the sole reason Putin is still in power. And if Americans think differently....then America is incredibly gullible.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

It never went away. The FSB is and always will be KGB.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I find it funny, that this band name, has fallen through the many filters, here on ATS.........

S&F for the info.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You know, I have thought the same thing. I would have **'ed out part of the name but Breaking News doesn't allow modification of the original article headline, of course. Then I see it in the clear all over the google results too. That must really be tearing up the Nanny type software for kids and others that block by keyword. Every major news site seems to have a story on this at the moment. So...all news sites are blocked to a Net-Nanny comp right now? It's a good question!
edit on 26-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the 1 that got left behind..

I thought they were a team?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakal26

They are bad for doing something in public which I am sure you spend your energy trying to do in private? Maybe somebody should imprison you for expressing unpopular ideas?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

It is a 3 girl band, one was left behind or stayed behind.

Just when you think America is bad, you can look and go.......well it's not THAT bad. If it happened here, you'd more than likely just get kicked out the church, they didn't really do anything.

edit on 26-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

You must have missed the part where I said that their imprisonment is immaterial?
It matters not because the goal of their "handlers" has been completed.

The public sex acts themselves, while lewd, are purely subjective. Take it as you may. I just posted it to go along with what I said. "Proof" and all that.
I wouldn't want my kids walking into a public place and stumbling upon such a thing, I know that much! Public displays of affection are on thing, but this is another entirely. If you don't think so, then please, watch the video again and point to the parts where any "affection" occurred there.

I look forward to seeing you on madison ave. with your genitals out....maybe involved in some kind of raunchy orgy....you know, in solidarity and support and all....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join