Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Busted... Republican woman in Obama ad has been a registered Democrat since 2006

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Does the woman say, I stopped being a republican because I prefer Obama.. Or does she say, I am no longer a republican because I dont feel represented.. I know many many many many many people who started to fall out of love with the Repubs before Obama because of the way Bush/Chenney handled everything.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamLuv
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Im sorry, but I dont see this as a lie.. My grandmother is 86, and she had only voted republican until 2008 when she voted for the first time for Obama/Dems. She still considers herself a republican, but that she isnt represented. Would this make her a liar for being registered as a republican and voting for democrat? This woman simply says she used to be a republican, and is no longer.. Her making that decision today, or in 2006 doesnt make it a lie. Its still the truth.

The entire ad may not be...but the use of that woman sure is. Former Republican? Yeah. Republican In Name Only....and that's about the nicest way to put it.

As I said, for that ONE woman anyway, "Republican For Obama" is a flat out lie. She hasn't been a Republican since a time before Obama was even mentioned in passing. Bush was President and 2 years prior to the Election. Well..... She sure isn't a "REPUBLICAN for Obama", now is she?

Taking the list of FAR left groups she's now actively with, she never was a Conservative in any sense I've ever known one. Period. Left was left whatever label she used.....but the fact at the end is, she flipped before Obama was even a thought.

Hence... -Fail- on the ad and the people who made it. It's putting forward an outright misrepresentation at best and bald faced lie at worst.
edit on 26-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

ATS has really just became a pathetic political party site to hear republican vs democrat posters bickering.

Certain forums absolutely have become that way....but a handful of forums among the entire ATS site Above and Below. I'd hardly class the entire website as having gone partisan. If the partisanship and particularly the right side partisanship actually annoys or angers you so, why make a point of coming into the threads where it's at the peak and running the hottest? Odd on that...

@I'd note the forum here....Political Rivalry...would kinda be all about Partisanship, wouldn't it?
edit on 26-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It means absolutely nothing that she was a democrat since 2006....the average person is not going to find this out and it's too small a news piece for the bigger media outlets..both parties are full of crap...get your info from factcheck.org if you want balance...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SamLuv

Let's see, the name of the video is: Republican Women for Obama. She is not, nor has she been a Republican since at least 2006, long before Obama. That makes her presence in the video a complete and total fraud.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
So I figured I'd watch the ad. Here's what I've gleaned: Maria Ciano (the young woman) says, "I grew up in a conservativie household."

At no point does she say, "I'm a Republican."

Her mother, Delia Ciano states that she voted for Bush I and II, having her as a Republican until at least 2000. Delia then goes on to say that the GOP has changed in the last few years and she's too has decided to change, but in the other direction.

I don't see this as a lie and I think both you and the bloggers you link to are grasping at straws, as someone mentioned earlier, 'anything to try and make Obama look bad.' I again quote you though, desperate much?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Well,Obama's entire Presidency is a Fraud, IMHO.

Is he a Liar? Yes.

Are all Politicians Liars? Yes.

I actually don't know one person, other then an infant, that cannot talk, that hasn't lied, at least once in their lives.

S&F for the info.

I would also show, the lies made by team Romney, to show its all a game, and not only perpetrated by one side.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Again the title of the video is, "Republican women for Obama." These women are not Republicans, they are Democrats. I was once 16. I am not now 16, nor have I been for quite some time. I could not appear in a video and present myself as a 16 year old. There is no equivocation here. This is fraud.
edit on 26-8-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I just have a question for you that a wise man asked...

"Is this thread I am creating an honest attempt at civil discourse/debate about the subject or, am I trying to sow as much hatred as I can about the evil ___________s to wake people up to the fact they are scum?"

I am wondering.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
When you have no other answer you can always throw around the hate card. Why not just admit that this ad is fraud? Is it too painful to admit that there are people out there attempting to create division and distract us from what is important?

BTW, for what it is worth I am a Ron Paul supporter.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

so...... your answer is Yes??

Thought so.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

I just re-read my reply, and no my answer to you did not contain the word yes. The purpose of this thread is to expose this specific video promoting Barack Obama as being fraudulent. The video does not promote what is good about Obama, but rather uses shills to denigrate Obama's opponents. Left wing "haters" presenting themselves as Republican women to distract us all from what is important in this election cycle.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

The only spinning I am seeing is coming from the right. She never said Mitt Romney changed her mind. She said she used to be a Republican and is not anymore. A lot of people changed their mind about that party while Bush was in office. Most Republicans though just pretended it was not happening.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

Again Endorra the title of the video is "Republican women for Obama." What about that are you having difficulty understanding? She is no more a Republican woman than Hillary Clinton. The video was intended to make the viewer believe that she was a current Republican who was going to vote against her party. The whole thing is a fraud and you know it.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Political rivalry isn't saying "what do you expect from democrats?', "all democrats lie" and all that other garbage. It's really beyond common sense that all politicians lie, along with all humans. Encouraging blind cheer leading is doing nothing but encouraging ignorance. Political rivalry is a difference of ideas and outlook of the world, debating and discussing them, not making generalized statements about one another.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Political rivalry isn't saying "what do you expect from democrats?', "all democrats lie" and all that other garbage. It's really beyond common sense that all politicians lie, along with all humans. Encouraging blind cheer leading is doing nothing but encouraging ignorance. Political rivalry is a difference of ideas and outlook of the world, debating and discussing them, not making generalized statements about one another.

touche'... I believe I made a thread on that very thing here recently. I can hardly disagree when your main point is about the broad generalizations. If by that you mean categorizing a whole group of people by the actions of a couple, that has definitely gotten out of hand and taken on a real hard edge at times. Downright mean spirited in some instances....indeed.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
for that ONE woman anyway, "Republican For Obama" is a flat out lie.

And that's the bottom line. It's a lie. Yet another lie that team Obama is caught in.
Why is it that people are ignoring the truth of it ... or 'chat it down'??
THE AD IS A LIE. Period.
(one lie of many that will take place during the election season - from both Romney and obama)

edit on 8/27/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Have most of you lost your intelligence because you "hate" Obama so much? Have fun cheering on another Goldman Sachs representative.

Better than having Hollywood and the MSM backing you.

newsbusters.org...

All the major media companies, driven largely by their Hollywood film and television businesses, have made larger contributions to President Obama than to his rival, former Gov. Mitt Romney, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, a nonprofit, nonpartisan Washington-based research group that publishes the Open Secrets Web site.

The center’s numbers represent donations by a company’s PAC and any employees who listed that company as their employer.

Even companies whose news outlets are often perceived as having a conservative bias have given significantly more money to Mr. Obama. Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation, for example, has contributed $58,825 to Mr. Obama’s campaign, compared with $2,750 to Mr. Romney. The conglomerate, which owns Fox News, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Post and the 20th Century Fox studios, gave roughly the same amount to Mr. Romney’s Republican primary competitors Rick Perry and Ron Paul as it did to Mr. Romney.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Better than having Hollywood and the MSM backing you.

So it's better to have the people who crashed the economy behind you so they can crash the economy again other than people who had nothing to do with the crash. When you have voters who think like this it's easy to see why the GOP is still in business.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

It use to be in my state (Louisiana) that if you were not registered as a democrat you could not vote as they did not hold a republican primary so it really does not discredit the ad.

Not a fan of either side including Mr I have been in office for 20 plus years Ron Paul but still have not done anything so out of the current choices maybe its best to not vote at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join