It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did nasa really send astronauts to the moon?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Personally, I don't believe anyone has landed a human being on the Moon.

For me the most compelling reason to believe that no human being has set foot on the Moon is the fact that there is no established human habitation on the Moon.

The only plans that I am aware of to even land a human being on the Moon are the Chinese "long term" aim to establish a lunar base and the Indians and the Americans talk that they expect to land there in the 2020s.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Russians intend to send a probe to the Moon in 2014, as a resumption of their earlier efforts involving other probes.

en.wikipedia.org...

India plans to send human beings to the Moon in 2020.

en.wikipedia.org...

Following the success of Chandrayaan-1, the country's first moon mission, ISRO is planning a series of further lunar missions in the next decade, including a manned mission which is stated to take place in 2020 – approximately the same time as the China National Space Administration (CNSA) manned lunar mission and NASA's Project Constellation plans to return to the moon with its Orion-Altair project.[citation needed]

Economic factors are involved in all of the efforts of would be spacefaring nations. Russian efforts, particularly have been adversely affected by economic and political trends. NASA's Project Constellation was cancelled.

Currently, under the envisioned Space Launch System (SLS), the United States has provisional plans to, wait for it, Send Orion MPCV with four members into lunar orbit, in August of 2019.

Given the usual sorts of delays involved with large projects, that probably won't happen, and this is to do something that was actually alleged to have been done better, in the sense of actually landing on the Moon in 1969!!

It gets worse. In 2017 they intend to put that vehicle into an unmanned orbit of the Moon as a precursor to the manned orbit.

Do these people sound like they've done this all before . . . in 1969 no less? Give me a break.

edit on 31-8-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsPeculiar
reply to post by VoidHawk

Niether their suits or their craft provided protection against radiation.

The trajectory was designed to limit the astronaut's exposure to about ten minutes at the EDGE if the region, where the intensity was less.

LOL you been reading scifi?
They did NOT fly around the belt, and it took them a little over two hours to fly through it.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
double?
edit on 31-8-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdontknowme
reply to post by VoidHawk

Actually Mythbusters confirmed this myth. Yes you do get less wet running through the rain. Opposed to just walking through it.

Actualy it depends on how fast the rain is falling V how fast your running,
Did Myth busters explain that?
No. They just fill peoples heads with drivel.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryAlien

We have satelites orbiting the earth, that can zoom to greater than 1 M resolution.

LROC provides imagery as high as 0.25m. That's twice as good as what you will see from a satellite in Earth orbit.
wms.lroc.asu.edu...
edit on 8/31/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Just for curiosity sake, can you further explain this:

that's why the missions were done when the sun was low on the horizon ..

in terms that correlate with this:

But the moon’s spin is much slower than Earth’s. An earthly day last approximately 24 hours. A lunar day lasts about one earthly month.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

The information you provide is all understood but not particularly answer the issues I have with the known history as told.

Have you seen the series of videos by MoonFaker to my knowledge the best presentation and detailed "analysis" done to the issues that people have issues with. (I have seen the replies and the counters also).

I find the information presented mostly consistent and even if he spends too much effort on the counter argumentation and at times falls down to the personal level of attacks done to him (at times it is hard to take a minority views), the points are well defended, in fact as I said it is so far the best argumentation I've seen on almost every points. Even if one do not agree or resists the idea, the work done is a commendable effort.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

They are quite effective against alpha radiation, which is the most prevalent in space.

I thought the Beppo Sax/Herschel Scope was measuring/identifying gamma ray bursts from far away galaxies? And the Sun does produce gamma ray radiation. Correct?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

What I'd really like to know is what happened to Sample Bag 196 on Wednesday night?

I lose all respect for you when you keep repeating something that has been explained before. It makes you look like you're trying to convince people of something you yourself know is false.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

news.google.com...

And I lost all respect for you when you made FBI threats against another ATS member who shall remain nameless because to mention the name of an ATS member who has been banned from this site is against ATS protocol. You can ask a moderator about that.

It makes you look like you are trying to convince people of something you yourself don't believe in. Yet you call yourself a fighter?

Dave Scott and Jim Irwin went down to the lunar lab on Weds. night because they were very anxious to view the Genesis Rock so they could talk about it the next day, Thursday, at a scheduled press conference. (The A15 post mission press conference was filmed but it is not available anywhere on the internet.)

They put the Genesis Rock in Sample Bag 196. They know 196 is going to be opened on Weds. night. That's why they went down there! But the curator, Dr. Michael Duke, pulled a switcher-oo with sample bag 196.

Now that's settled. Let's move on to the Apollo 15 TV press conference which is also very rare footage of Apollo 15 in trans-lunar coast. It's rare because there is not a single floating object in the whole tape. Just Dave Scott bobbing up and down. Like a puppet?

And when will you finally admit that Deke Slayton was a CIA station chief in charge of the astronauts selections - but he did not have final approval on his selections - the final approval always came from Washington. Deke did not select Neil to be CDR of Apollo 11 and thus the first man to step on the moon. That decision was made by someone higher up.

On January 9, 1969, NASA announced the crew selection for Apollo 11.

It was Richard Nixon's birthday.
edit on 9/1/2012 by SayonaraJupiter because: like a puppet you play

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
anyone watching moon machines ?

haoxers, don't tune in. you will see just silly you are

lol

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter

And I lost all respect for you when you made FBI threats against another ATS member who shall remain nameless because to mention the name of an ATS member who has been banned from this site is against ATS protocol. You can ask a moderator about that.

That would be the same banned member who had been threatening armstrong when the poor
guy was alive also sending him letters along with other astronauts along with his 69 sock puppet pal.

And you sir can ask the "moderator about that".

You still dodge my questions i have asked you numerous times to refute the evidence i posted.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
Personally, I don't believe anyone has landed a human being on the Moon.

For me the most compelling reason to believe that no human being has set foot on the Moon is the fact that there is no established human habitation on the Moon.

The only plans that I am aware of to even land a human being on the Moon are the Chinese "long term" aim to establish a lunar base and the Indians and the Americans talk that they expect to land there in the 2020s.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Russians intend to send a probe to the Moon in 2014, as a resumption of their earlier efforts involving other probes.

en.wikipedia.org...

India plans to send human beings to the Moon in 2020.

en.wikipedia.org...

Following the success of Chandrayaan-1, the country's first moon mission, ISRO is planning a series of further lunar missions in the next decade, including a manned mission which is stated to take place in 2020 – approximately the same time as the China National Space Administration (CNSA) manned lunar mission and NASA's Project Constellation plans to return to the moon with its Orion-Altair project.[citation needed]

Economic factors are involved in all of the efforts of would be spacefaring nations. Russian efforts, particularly have been adversely affected by economic and political trends. NASA's Project Constellation was cancelled.

Currently, under the envisioned Space Launch System (SLS), the United States has provisional plans to, wait for it, Send Orion MPCV with four members into lunar orbit, in August of 2019.

Given the usual sorts of delays involved with large projects, that probably won't happen, and this is to do something that was actually alleged to have been done better, in the sense of actually landing on the Moon in 1969!!

It gets worse. In 2017 they intend to put that vehicle into an unmanned orbit of the Moon as a precursor to the manned orbit.

Do these people sound like they've done this all before . . . in 1969 no less? Give me a break.

edit on 31-8-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

I totally agree. It sounds like plans to go to the moon for the first time. It's been over forty years since the USA went, yet other nations still can't go four decades later? As if. Russia apparently weren't that far behind in 1969 yet they still can't do it? So it's taking them forty years to do what the USA done in ten years, from scratch?

No one can accuse the USA of lying because no one had the technology to see people on the moon, I mean, c'mon, we still haven't. End this notion of the USA being all powerful in space, they never went, they're liars...
edit on Saturday20122012-09-01T03:27:08-05:00am302720129 by thesneakiod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

I totally agree. It sounds like plans to go to the moon for the first time. It's been over forty years since the USA went, yet other nations still can't go four decades later? As if. Russia apparently weren't that far behind in 1969 yet they still can't do it? So it's taking them forty years to do what the USA done in ten years, from scratch?

So if you have to buy airplane tickets, a new suitcase and a Michelin guide, it means you've never been to Paris before? The US does not have the hardware in stock. They will need money to build it. The money is not there, as you would know if you paid any attention to current events. Also in current events:

www.moondaily.com...

Russia does have some of the hardware in stock. The Soyuz spacecraft can support a three person crew for two weeks. What they need is an upper stage that can accelerate the Soyuz to escape velocity. This can be done relatively quickly. To actually land on the Moon would require completing work on the lander they were developing in the 1960s. Landing the first woman on the Moon will probably take place by 2017. You can proclaim it fake then.

No one can accuse the USA of lying because no one had the technology to see people on the moon, I mean, c'mon, we still haven't. End this notion of the USA being all powerful in space, they never went, they're liars...

Argument from ignorance.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrMasterJoe

If I take a hammer and a feather that has a nail in it, well then - yup! Both arrive at the same time right here on earth. Amazing, huh?

Invalid evidence. Try again.

edit on 31-8-2012 by mrMasterJoe because: (no reason given)

Feather with a nail in it lmfao thanks i needed cheering up today! lmfao..
Are you jesting there?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Dave Scott and Jim Irwin went down to the lunar lab on Weds. night because they were very anxious to view the Genesis Rock so they could talk about it the next day, Thursday, at a scheduled press conference. (The A15 post mission press conference was filmed but it is not available anywhere on the internet.)

Were they informed of the schedule? Or did they just assume. You're the mind reader, you tell me.

They put the Genesis Rock in Sample Bag 196. They know 196 is going to be opened on Weds. night. That's why they went down there! But the curator, Dr. Michael Duke, pulled a switcher-oo with sample bag 196.

They did put the "Genesis Rock"in sample bag 196, but you have not explained how they "know" it would be opened on Wednesday night. The single article you rest your entire case on is dated August 12. I produced an article dated two days earlier which explicitly states that sample bag 196 would probably not be opened until Friday:

news.google.com...

This article has been brought to your attention twice before, yet you continue to speculate based on the discredited article.

Now that's settled. Let's move on to the Apollo 15 TV press conference which is also very rare footage of Apollo 15 in trans-lunar coast. It's rare because there is not a single floating object in the whole tape. Just Dave Scott bobbing up and down. Like a puppet?

It was settled weeks ago but you keep dredging it up. So what if everything was properly stowed during the Apollo 15 in flight press conference? You have never bothered to explain this:

And when will you finally admit that Deke Slayton was a CIA station chief in charge of the astronauts selections - but he did not have final approval on his selections - the final approval always came from Washington. Deke did not select Neil to be CDR of Apollo 11 and thus the first man to step on the moon. That decision was made by someone higher up.

Iwill admit that Deke Slayton was a CIA station chief when you provide some actual proof. All you have provided so far is wild speculation. As for him not having final say in crew selection, have I ever said that politics was never a factor?

On January 9, 1969, NASA announced the crew selection for Apollo 11.

Finally, a verifiable fact!

It was Richard Nixon's birthday.

And I can only speculate it was done to taunt him with the ghost of JFK.
edit on 1-9-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
As I have said...it would be more difficult to FAKE the Lunar Landings than actually do it...which they did...multiple times. I cannot believe how people can entertain the thought it was a Hoax as that would mean the Soviets and Chinese were also in on the Hoax as well as Thousands of HAM Radio operators who easily Triangulated the Space Crafts position every time from launch to landing. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

oe of the things they discussed in "moon machines" was that they were VERY concerned with anything floating around the LM, so they actually turned it upside down during construction ! they said everything from metal shavings to nuts and bolts came out. all techs wore lab suits, masks, etc. they were very thourough.

they did this to prevent any short circuits, and other damage from floating objects

those are pretty hefty steps to take 4 years before the launch date if you are going to a hollywood basement

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
As I have said...it would be more difficult to FAKE the Lunar Landings than actually do it...which they did...multiple times. I cannot believe how people can entertain the thought it was a Hoax as that would mean the Soviets and Chinese were also in on the Hoax as well as Thousands of HAM Radio operators who easily Triangulated the Space Crafts position every time from launch to landing. Split Infinity

Ridiculous, we can't see anything of detail on the moon with today's technology, but according to you, the Russians watched the USA walk on it over forty years ago.

Riiiiiiight......

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

Ridiculous, we can't see anything of detail on the moon with today's technology, but according to you, the Russians watched the USA walk on it over forty years ago.

You know perfectly well that is not what they said.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

If Dave Scott and Jim Irwin knew that Sample Bag 196 would be opened on Friday (like you say) then why did they both rush down to the lab on Weds. night to see it opened????

Something is very wrong with your scenario and it smells like a switcher-oo.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join