It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Madness - Altai the Tiger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

i've been a member now for a few years, and I am more of a Lurker these days than a Poster, but I really feel the need to make a Thread on this subject.

Several times in the past few years there have been News Stories about various ZooKeepers, Animal Handlers, Tourists Etc, that have been Killed by Wild Animals. The Animals are then sentenced to Death by Firing Sqaud.

Have a look at the following Story -

Aug 26 - 2012

Tiger mauls zookeeper to death

It seems an unlocked gate at Cologne Zoo allowed the tiger, Altai, to get out of its pen and into a store, where it attacked the zookeeper.
The zoo's director then shot the animal through a skylight in the store, before it could go further and get into public areas

Police briefly cleared the area as a precautionary measure though officials said the public was never in any danger

RIP - Altai - Age 4

Stories like this have occurred so many times in the last few years, whether it's Tigers, Bears, Whales, sharks Etc. It really makes my blood boil that Human Stupidity and Error can lead to these amazing creatures being shot in cold blood for doing what they naturally know how to do.

In the case above, Altai the Tiger is most likely in a zoo due to the tiger population being so low in the world, so the tigers are kept in a zoo, mostly for breeding purposes so the Tigers do not become extinct. So if he is there to be protected from extinction, why shoot him dead??!!

Havent they heard of Tranquilisers?

My goodness, every day humans Murder other Humans, and they may only spend 15yrs in prison and be released after it!! Every day Drones, Terrorists, bomb and shoot hundreds of people dead.

This poor animal who is Wild attacks a human due to Human error, and it receives an instant Death Sentence.

I'm saddened and angry that these stories regularly happen and I hope there can be changes made to ensure wild Animals are not Killed due to Human Stupidity.

edit on 26-8-2012 by grantbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well, a guy jumped the fence in Copenhagen zoo last month in the night time and got killed by the tigers, no tigers were shot.

In this case the tiger got out and killed a girl, and the manager shot the tiger before it killed again, a Tranquiliser takes time to work, and the tiger could have made it's way out and atack other people.

It's a sad story both for the tiger and the girl, but the situation was handled the right way.
edit on 26-8-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

i'm with you, I hate this.
We were put here on Earth to protect it.
We are meant to be the gentle carer, were not doing a very good job are we

Love and harmony
Whateva

join