It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw my first possesion.....:O

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Vagueness doesn't appear to propose anything though, does it?

People on this site want REASONS for objections as mush as REASONS for belief, so just shouting "I don't believe you" over and over without any substantial argument as to why, just starts to look like trolling.

I haven't dismissed anyone's suggestions, only chosen ones that I feel comfortable with.

If I see things I don't agree with or believe in, I usually pass right by..... unless I have a reason for telling them another solution they may find helpful, I don't waist my time or theirs.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse

Vagueness doesn't appear to propose anything though, does it?

People on this site want REASONS for objections as mush as REASONS for belief, so just shouting "I don't believe you" over and over without any substantial argument as to why, just starts to look like trolling.

I never said I didn't believe you. I propose that what you saw wasn't a demon but that your friends has a special ability and she was inviting you to deeper knowledge of reality. It scared you because you have been programmed to see it in the way that you did.

I haven't dismissed anyone's suggestions, only chosen ones that I feel comfortable with.

We all do that but it doesn't change reality.

edit on 29-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Well, you could always explain your theory in full detail, or start a thread about it....

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Well, you could always explain your theory in full detail, or start a thread about it....

There are no full details. I believe that experiences like this are personalized.

I guess what I really wanted to get across was that, if you knee jerk and try to force things into your preconceived view of reality, then you may miss out on a chance to broaden that view.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

There are no full details. I believe that experiences like this are personalized.

I guess what I really wanted to get across was that, if you knee jerk and try to force things into your preconceived view of reality, then you may miss out on a chance to broaden that view.

Ditto....

Believe me I am not some close minded fool..... I have studied every religion, new age, occult, ancient mystery out there, that I could get my hands on. I didn't just come to my conclusions after one shot and stuck there..... I have been searching for truth for most of my life.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

I meant the reaction to this event.

I'm willing to bet that nothing that you may have studied in the past could have prepared you for what you saw.

Regardless of what you may have read before, you seem to have gone straight to "it's a demon" and "gotta turn to God".

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Then are you open to idea that it isn't a demon at all? You just gave a physical description and nothing to indicate what this entity was affiliated with. So why go there? What did it say for you to not want to listen? I would have fired off a million questions. Why does a demon need permission to talk to somebody? That didn't stop it from initially striking up a conversation.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Man! You beat me to the punch haha. From the barebones story, there isn't enough evidence for anyone to jump to that conclusion

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
According to John Dee angels are of mixed and varying natures and can be summoned so how is that any different than some demons in the Goetia? They are described as more mischievous than anything but you can make them tell the truth. And people telling you not to mention its name are way off base. Its required to excommunicate/invoke/evoke. I think thats why it's improper to use or speak gods true name instead YHWH or Adonai. At least according to Judaism. Might be wrong there but it makes sense because it implies you have control of god

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

It's my understanding both of you are in some agreement something odd happened. So at the very LEAST wouldn't be safe to assume she is aware she has a phychological disorder? I mean obviously she realizes she wasn't herself. That's exactly what it sounds like. She was simply saying "yea it's ok that was one of my many different personalities." Hence the reason she doesn't want you to pray or do anything about it. Nothing indicating she was aware of any demons. You made that assumption.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laserfloyd72

Man! You beat me to the punch haha. From the barebones story, there isn't enough evidence for anyone to jump to that conclusion

To be fair, the barebones story posted on the internet doesn't convey the shock/fear that someone may feel when seeing something like this first hand. I could see that being the factor in jumping to that conclusion.
edit on 29-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

She said she was surprisingly not scared and it's never happened before. So how did she know what to do?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
She said her friend left quite abruptly, i guess i would need time to reflect on something like that, maybe go watch the exorcist, or Sybil.

But it remains a mystery, and probably not one associated with Carlos Castaneda while he tripped balls with Don Juan out in mexico.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Laserfloyd72

OK. I was going off memory and that bit had not stuck.

I guess the OP may just lean in that direction. I can honestly say that I have been there.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by poopadoopoulis

The family in the exorcist is at first very rational about things. They take Reagan to doctors and give her CAT scans before a priest is ever involved

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by poopadoopoulis

I'm sorry lol I thought you were telling me to watch the movie for clarification haha

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
i m not sure what you could watch for clarification, i wouldnt know what comes close in order to verify something like that, i mean definitely not the exorcism of emily rose, and maybe not the paranormal activity franchise, that demon is a bully and not polite like the OP's scenario.

Demons arent like vampires (from what i understand), it is a vampire that has to be invited in (omitting christopher lee vampire movies), demons are the type to invade like cockroaches where you have to bring in a young, and an old priest to exterminate them.

I really don't know what movie to compare this to.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by salmoneggs
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I think that every word she said about this story is fabricated so I see no reason to be tactful. I dont think I was too harsh or rude. I cant say for 100% that this did not happen because I wasn't there. My opinion is that it didnt happen and I provided my reasoning as to why I believe this. I dont care about stars (dont even know what they are used for). People gave them because they are probably in agreement with me. To call out other people and myself for expressing our opinions is in my opinion without tact

lol..... that is about as rediculous as me saying I don't believe you that you think it didn't happen, yeah.... he is pretending not to believe my story....see how weird that looks, WHY on earth someone would make something up is beyond me.

I am a long time member on this site and nearly 40 years old, I could see you thinking that if it was a brand new account held by a 12 year old, but gimme a break! lol ...believe what you want, I really don't care

You find it ridiculous that I dont believe your story about your friend shape shifting? Ya what could I be thinking? What does age have to do with someone being a liar? Ever see a politician? The amount of years you spent on a conspiracy site confirms your honesty? I know I should drop it and let you babble about your experience but your comment is ridiculous. I'll quote your own words :"I never even read these posts when others make them, because I thought they must be bunk"..Welcome to the club.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
What if a born again believer gets possessed after baptism and then gets demons sent to her daily how do she gt delivered from darkness?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

reply to post by DeadSeraph

I think that every word she said about this story is fabricated so I see no reason to be tactful. I dont think I was too harsh or rude. I cant say for 100% that this did not happen because I wasn't there. My opinion is that it didnt happen and I provided my reasoning as to why I believe this. I dont care about stars (dont even know what they are used for). People gave them because they are probably in agreement with me. To call out other people and myself for expressing our opinions is in my opinion without tact

lol..... that is about as rediculous as me saying I don't believe you that you think it didn't happen, yeah.... he is pretending not to believe my story....see how weird that looks, WHY on earth someone would make something up is beyond me.

I am a long time member on this site and nearly 40 years old, I could see you thinking that if it was a brand new account held by a 12 year old, but gimme a break! lol ...believe what you want, I really don't care

You find it ridiculous that I dont believe your story about your friend shape shifting? Ya what could I be thinking? What does age have to do with someone being a liar? Ever see a politician? The amount of years you spent on a conspiracy site confirms your honesty? I know I should drop it and let you babble about your experience but your comment is ridiculous. I'll quote your own words :"I never even read these posts when others make them, because I thought they must be bunk"..Welcome to the club.

I find it ridiculous that your entire argument rests on "shape shifting". Have you ever seen a possession? No? Then let me explain to you how this "Shape Shifting" works:

It's not "shape shifting" and the OP never claimed it was. The individuals face contorts in ways which are uncharacteristic of their natural features to the point of not being recognizable. You know.... face recognition? That thing that's both a technology and natural function of the human brain?

I don't blame you for being a skeptic. But at least practice real skepticism instead of rolling around in your own $&!@. You've completely distorted the eyewitness account of the OP like the pseudo-skeptic you really are.

*Edit to add*:

The OP DID use the term "shape shifting", and I stand corrected on that account. However, we are not talking about a person turning into a wolf or some BS twilight fantasy. We are talking about a cognitive dissonance caused by the contortions of the face of a person known to the individual due to such a distortion in the features that the brains built in facial recognition fails. You'd have to see it personally to understand just how drastic it can seem to the witness.
edit on 21-9-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join