It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 800 Pound Gorilla Everyone Ignores

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The loudest vote is from the person who doesn't.

Now that's something to think about.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

dont get all butt hurt over it. I didnt say you couldnt have an opinion. I simply asked you to explain your logic behind that opinion and you got all bent outta shape over it. Typicaly it seems when someone resorts to attacks like you did they have no valid response. The fact that you still havent offered any logic tells me thisis true. Now, you dont know what i do in my spare time to work towards keeping my freedoms so dont act like you do. Just because i dont vote dont mean i dont fight for freedoms in ways i see more effective. Like i already said, if i could have faith in the voting system than i would vote. But i dont, so i do what i can in other ways. Again your comments are ignorant and spoken out of context based on what you assume. Get to know someone before assuming things about them. Or better yet, dont assume. You dont know anything about me so you cant say what i deserve. All youve done is make me think your not very smart. Prolly why you vote.lol

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

i just wanted to take a moment to say to you that im sorry for the bit of back and forth between me and that silly fool that said i dont deserve to live here. I had to get some things off my chest and it unfortionitly took up some space on your fine post. I have nothing but respect for you however. You seem to be an intelligent person.
but back to this voting thing, i tend to think that while the voting system does need revised it wont do much good as long as the rest of the government is still untrustworthy. i feel the entire way of doing things needs updated. From the ground up.
edit on 27-8-2012 by BennyTheBlade because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

This will be my only reply to your post and it is quite selective. I dare to say that any reasonable person who sees this would realize their own stupidity for saying that shortly.

Note: Realize this is not directed at you; but merely the trolls that repeat the "You have no right to complain."

“I don't vote. Two reasons. First of all it's meaningless; this country was bought and sold a long time ago. The # they shovel around every 4 years *pfff* doesn't mean a #ing thing. Secondly, I believe if you vote, you have no right to complain. People like to twist that around – they say, 'If you don't vote, you have no right to complain', but where's the logic in that? If you vote and you elect dishonest, incompetent people into office who screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done. You caused the problem; you voted them in; you have no right to complain. I, on the other hand, who did not vote, who in fact did not even leave the house on election day, am in no way responsible for what these people have done and have every right to complain about the mess you created that I had nothing to do with.”

- George Carlin, Greatest comedian that ever lived

edit on 27-8-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I've also been criticized for not voting but really I just feel so removed from the whole thing; when I read or hear about these political maneuverings and intrigues and ultimately disgusting behavior I feel a bit like it's all a bad dream.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Interesting testimony in Ohio...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BennyTheBlade

Agreed. I dont need to call him names or point racial slurs. Even though im not technically white.(So white boy is incorrect)
Hostility wont make this debate proceed anymore than escalating into hateful propaganda.

If the founders wanted every american forced to vote. Then they would have put it in the constitution. But obviously to them it wasnt that big of a deal. Our country was intended for us to be free. Free to do something to our liking. But making a law saying you have to vote IMO is going against freedom of speech in ways.

They would be making you "say" who you would want in office. Even if neither of them are to your liking. If i acually voted i would ask for a pen and write down the actual person i want to vote for. Even if it was electronic.

So i see no point as to why vote. Because its not like my vote is going to matter. MY person would not win no matter what. But the PREDETERMINED person will win 100% of the time.

That is why its not nessecary for myself to vote. I will say neither every time.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

couldnt have said it better myself. I would write in someone thats not on the ballet. It wont help. I for one think any american should be able to have their name on the card. Not just the super rich. Thats part of the issue in my eyes. In order to even be considered you have to have millions to spend on it. No hard working average joe like me could get on the card. And thats just what we need, an average hard working middle class american that understand what real honest living is about.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BennyTheBlade

Yes its just like the old regime where you have to be born into nobility to have a chance of becoming a King.
Where do these people even come from?

Most of the time they just appear out of thin air.

But yea im gonna spend 40 million dollars to gain a job that earns a $400,000 salary.

Doesnt make sense one bit...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

thats exactly it. We basicly have ourselfs a monarchy but its been given a new name and the illusion that the people get to decide the out come just so everyone goes along with it.
I think each state should pick their own leader and have their own rules. If someone dont like the way their state has become they can simply move to a new state that fits what they beleive. do away with the one ruler and have a group of leaders. To much power in any one persons hands is alway bad.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I volunteered for a candidate a few years ago knocking door to door, saying my piece, giving literature etc. I was working for a Libertarian Republican .. I had a list of people who voted Republican and was to only talk to Republicans. Every so often I would reach a household that was Republican.. that was fairly pissed I knocked on their door. After about the 5th time this happened, I first asked the campaign manager where list comes from "county records.. it's who voted for what party" ... so it's fool proof right? "I can't see how it's not?" .. ok .. so I go on about my business, and the next time it happens I show the woman her name and where it says she voted Republican .. she's even more pissed, and I'm standing there like a dumbass. She swears she's never voted for a Republican, yet the county records which I'm told are fool proof shows she did. Or someone at the same address and the same name did. Out of hundreds of homes this only happened a few times.. but it still got me wondering. I voted for a 3rd party and I couldn't find my self on any list..

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

And this ladies and gents, is why I may be heading to ecuador or a country where there is at least some freedom left.

I know it sucks to abandone ship, but I want a family to raise, and I dont want the elite meddling into my family affairs with their forced vaccines etc. I was hoping Ron Paul would do something, however, with the election fraud that occured, and mitt romney getting away with it. Yea i'd much rather live in the rainforest than to subject myself to an unfair life.

It's time to make a choice, and right now the only way people can achieve victory is by sending a message by simply closing bank accounts. But hey, such a simple solution is too hard for people to grasp. The U.S is looking ugly every moment and I for one will not be going down with the ship.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
And more to the point, when will everyone realise that it does not matter who you vote for, Wall St will always run your country?

Just don't vote, it is a waste of time. The planet is doomed any way. So is the current political system, the monetary system, and everything else you hold dear. The American dream is dead, soon you all will be too. Stay at home and have a nice cup of tea.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
registering to vote makes you a "citizen" of the USCorp with your signature--and thats NOT A GOOD THING.

Voting coerces you into GIVING UP your rights you already have to become subservient EMPLOYEE to UCC and the Corporation of the United States.

Its your ignorance/volition that makes this possible.

I know this to be true, the question is how long for others to understand.
edit on 28-8-2012 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join