It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 800 Pound Gorilla Everyone Ignores

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

When and where? What if nobody shows up to the public vetting? I just want you to point out when and where it was performed this way.

Volunteers? Where do you get the idea anyone is volunteering in any election process? How many elections have you worked? I am not going to volunteer for 16 hour work days...that is exactly what it is...So you want other people to volunteer especially for you so you can have peace of mind in a process that could very easily be manipulated anyway...Your process is just as susceptible to fraud as any other...

And I do not appreciate your tenor and tone, especially the reference that I am mental...My son is autistic and severely mentally retarded...I am not...So, if you cannot engage without the name calling, then I will simply drop out...

edit on 26-8-2012 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2012 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

What I do know is that come voting day most of those working in the polling places are our neighbors. They are not appointees or hired in most cases. If it were as some think it is, they would be screaming from the rooftops.

It may appear at times that corruption is everywhere, but it's not; not really.

Yes it exists, but as we see it uncovered and it does get exposed often, it's clear it's on a small scale. The more who vote, the less impact it has is all I'm saying.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by hawkiye

A lot of countries require you to dip your finger in indelible ink after voting. That way you know who voted and would be hard to actually vote again unless you had a insider to allow you to do so again.

Maybe that is the way the US should go. Though I would prefer Voter ID.

By the way, I only vote in the local elections at State level since the POTUS is elected via the electoral college rather than popular vote.

If the popular vote for POTUS was incorperated, then Gore would have been POTUS as would have been Hillary.

The problem there and with the idea of ever using popular vote for the President has remained since they established the Electoral College way back near the start of it all. If it's by the popular vote then the top several Metro areas could carry the entire vote, by themselves...given participation levels in current politics.

At the very least, political focus wouldn't need to go beyond the top half dozen or so of the most populous states. Heck Missouri wasn't even a state Romney bothered himself to stop in for the Caucus. I gave Santorum credit for at least showing up....because we aren't important enough in the primary count to bother with this time around.

Now imagine that taken to General Election attitudes and campaign spending where it isn't necessary when the majority of states by sheer number would be too small in population to bother with under popular vote. The Electoral College may not be perfect but to give some equal representation and care between the Coasts and the center of the nation, it's the best thing going.

Fly Over country...would literally become blow off country.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by hawkiye

The more who vote, the less impact it has is all I'm saying.

Im not so sure this is true. I tend to think the more votes the less noticable a any change would be. With more votes it would seem easier to change a few. if there were ten votes and 3 were changed it would stand out more than ten being changed out of a hundred and so on..
I will however say that i dont think as much fraud happens on the initial counters behalf as your insisting. Though im sure plenty involved even in that process prefers one canidate over the other and thats all it takes to put the temptation of cheating in someones head. The human race isnt the most trust worthy. But clearly any truly meaningful fraud happens at the top or near to it. Its not the little guys that effect the out come.
edit on 26-8-2012 by BennyTheBlade because: fail

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I agree with what your saying and chances are you are correct.

I have thought about that and believe it's most likely true and my eyes have been opened to many wrongs in our world.

I guess I have to keep some small shred of hope and keep believing in the fantasy to keep from going insane.
Stupid as it may be.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by hawkiye

What I do know is that come voting day most of those working in the polling places are our neighbors. They are not appointees or hired in most cases. If it were as some think it is, they would be screaming from the rooftops.

It may appear at times that corruption is everywhere, but it's not; not really.

Yes it exists, but as we see it uncovered and it does get exposed often, it's clear it's on a small scale. The more who vote, the less impact it has is all I'm saying.

Again you are just guessing at this you have no idea how much there is or isn't. I have worked several elections and been heavily involved in the political process. I agree with you that most people who work the elections do their best to keep it honest. The point is it doesn't matter they do not know anymore then you or anyone else if the vote count is accurate or not if it is electronically counted.

Even with paper ballots it only takes one choke point for the count to go through to be altered. Simply hand counting the vote with public witnesses would solve all of that.

it is simply amazing this large gorilla is staring you all in the face and you are sitting here telling me what you believe with absolutely no evidence to support your belief. The fact is there is no way to verify elections you have no evidence to the contrary. Sorry but your blind faith that it is not that bad is irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

I wouldnt consider it stupid. Reality can be hard to face sometimes. I find it to be quite a natural way of thinking. We all want things to be good and right in the world. I consider myself a bit insane already so im past that stage, but i think most people feel similar at first. I hope for your sake you can hold on to that sanity. However, things like this are important to realize and understand. The sooner its accepted the easier it becomes. The more people we can get to accept it the sooner we can solve the issue. Than no one has to go crazy over it.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I only vote for the sticker.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Maybe it should change from, "you can't complain if you didn't vote," to "you can't complain if you don't live a politically active lifestyle."

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Come this November I am not voting.

I would wager that if every single American didn't vote, we would still see "the race, state by state" on TV.

The POTUS was done elected at Bohemian Grove this last July.

It's all a big sham to give the slaves an illusion of "choice".

And a big fat friggin choice it is, arsenic or cyanide.

A prisoner that does not realize they are imprisoned will never try to escape.
A slave that does not realize they are enslaved will never rebel. - OHD
edit on 27-8-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
This post should be in the paranoia section. If there isn't one...can the mods create one?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

It amazes me that people out there still believe in the election crap. It doesn't matter who wins. They all answer to the same Master.
(Every once in awhile I still run into people who are shocked at the 'rumors' that 911 was an inside job. Yeah, their still out there, too.)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I think its impossible to change these peoples opinions on voting.

We live in a free country you have the right to vote and you have the right to not vote. Your not giving up anything. No rights were taken away, its not the law that you must vote. But people are so scared about it like your going to get punished. And the brain washed zombies try to criticize you when it you exercise that right.

I don't vote because I choose not to. Its my free will to not. And shame on you if you push or punish people into it. No president in the past or future will be to my liking so why vote for either?

No matter what they will lie cheat or kill so why support criminals?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Sheep vote.

Don't be a sheep.

Plain and simple.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I have worked the voting polls for the past decade. Following my sisters steps.

We are very very very (ugh!) serious about any discrepancies in the numbers at the end of the night. Not that uncommon for us to stay 2-3 hours late counting everything manually over and over again...

So yeah. In my experience the people and the voting booth really are trying their hardest to make it accurate and fair..

However it is faith. How is it not?? How do we know with certainty at the end of the day all those votes (paper plus electronic) was what dictated the POTUS winner? This is not a certainty.

And to answer your question
I work the booths because my sister wants me to

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Haha that last sentence about your sister sat in my mind a little wrong for some reason.
Lol sorry had to say it.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Hey.. I am just glad the people are finally doing something. This election was obviously rigged, 100 % no doubt. The GOP changing the rules, forcing delegates with contracts/disqualifying them, revoking whole state delegations. This year it's been obvious and that is because the people are waking up. It's always been pre determined, but this is the first time the people didn't just go along and support the chosen candidates so it became obvious and they were outed trying to fix it. The people got in and fought, kept the stories alive, got lawyers and it made a difference. We should keep fighting until the end. If they can change the rules halfway through then I don't see why we can't change the rules ourselves. We don't have to abide by their time limits or election dates if we don't want to.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Since your votes don't matter...why do you keep them EMPLOYED? Stop working! Problem solved! Let them see what it feels like to be unemployed! No job means no traveling. No traveling means no money spent at the pump. No money passing through the station, means that everything else comes to a halt! That will also drop the price in oil, since there would be no need to fill a demand of that supply!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

I don't quite see it.

Don't find the humor sorry

My sister wanted me to work the voting booths with her, and I agreed to. That better?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Lets see shall we? We started out a Republic....transitioned into what now resembles a democracy....and are now starting to resemble something much more constrictive.......

The guy I vote for never wins......and the guy that should be in office gets shut out due to the money backing the dumbest most consciously manipulated individual they can find to push their agenda.

So no, I do not vote....I do not affiliate...because I do not want to be put on a list when they decide to go make one. No association means i go undetected and unnoticed.

This election is a side show anyway.......I fear that history may actually repeat itself anyway, and soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join