It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California going off!

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

A 6.5 EQ hits-off near Greenland, in the sea near Jan Mayen Islands, Depth 2KM (1 mi) just now.
Info taken from EMSC site.
So now, will we see more activity in this area also?

> Immediately followed by a 5.5 EQ, Depth: 147Km (91 mi)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by Char-Lee

450 on the map....never seen the like!

earthquake.usgs.gov...

A couple of years ago there were close to 1000 on the same link. Note that said link is going to be 'upgraded' with a crappy one. Same old same old. We're the 'earthquake channel'. Sit back and be entertained.
edit on 30-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

I have been watching this map as my home page for years, I have never seen over 300's and that was once.
There are 478 now.
Wonder how i could have missed a 1000!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

Not sure if anyone posted this link yet, but they are in a state of emergency in brawley now???

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

My sincere apologies for not responding, I have been very busy.

Booms always accompany earthquakes and depending on the topography may be very noticeable or not.

I see the swarm has dropped in intensity a bit now, in fact quite early compared to normal for the area. The 1987 swarm started in earnest on November 24th and went on to 8th Of December with just under 2000 events, the largest being a 6.2. But memories are short and everything is panic panic these days. OMG, OMG!!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

Not sure if anyone posted this link yet, but they are in a state of emergency in brawley now???

yea, it was posted,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

it seems like the CA earthquakes have decreased by about 18%, but have increased elsewhere in the world

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

500 earthquakes now on the map!!

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Everyone in California is a little off....Actually everyone around here is a little off.....Better than living in Washington DC where everyone is a lot off........Makes life interesting doesn't it?......Maybe we need to give control of the country to those who are a little off instead of a lot off

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Magnitude 7.9 - PHILIPPINE ISLANDS REGION
Friday, August 31, 2012 at 12:47:35 UTC

maybe not our turn

M 6.8, Jan Mayen Island region
August 30, 2012 13:43:24 GMT

I only see this one on this map

earthquakes.tafoni.net...
edit on 31-8-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Anyone want to take bets on when or if we hit six hundred on the EQ map? We could use points for that if we got a moderator involved, he can hold and distribute the points. Could create a gambling forum here but need an Italian moderator to run it. Technically the more aware you are of what is going to happen the more points you get.........I'll probably lose all my ats points withing a few weeks, I'm a poor gambler.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Anyone want to take bets on when or if we hit six hundred on the EQ map? We could use points for that if we got a moderator involved, he can hold and distribute the points. Could create a gambling forum here but need an Italian moderator to run it. Technically the more aware you are of what is going to happen the more points you get.........I'll probably lose all my ats points withing a few weeks, I'm a poor gambler.

I would bet a week it is 510 now and a full moon..the Blue moon, tonight.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I see I'm not the only one who uses that as a metric for earthquake uptick. I've watched it hover around 200 for a while, dip to 150, and then steadily climb over the last week or so. But I wonder how valid a metric that is to judge earthquake activity - a good majority of those are localized to 2 areas (PR and CA) - and the CA swarm is expected and relatively common. If we had 500 2.5+ eqs all in random areas, I'd probably be a bit more worried. I'm not trying to quash the earthquake doom - I find it fascinating how the earth can remind us how alive she really is - but I just wonder if that number can be misleading.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by redtic

I see I'm not the only one who uses that as a metric for earthquake uptick. I've watched it hover around 200 for a while, dip to 150, and then steadily climb over the last week or so. But I wonder how valid a metric that is to judge earthquake activity - a good majority of those are localized to 2 areas (PR and CA) - and the CA swarm is expected and relatively common. If we had 500 2.5+ eqs all in random areas, I'd probably be a bit more worried. I'm not trying to quash the earthquake doom - I find it fascinating how the earth can remind us how alive she really is - but I just wonder if that number can be misleading.

Well I can see it is somewhat significant as the earthquakes are happening all over the planet, the little ones are now spread down the whole of the San Andreas i notice on end to the other.

526 on the map we could get n Cali big earthquake...once in a blue moon Haha! Blue Moon tonight.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

changing my bet to two days tomorrow to 600 already 229 and although it will be many aftershocks the quakes stay on the map a week.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

So where can we find an Italian Godfather moderator to run this point gambling ring

edit on 31-8-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

changing my bet to two days tomorrow to 600 already 229 and although it will be many aftershocks the quakes stay on the map a week.

How about we pick a day and time and who ever gets closest to the number of quakes wins.

Example: Saturday - August 2nd at 10:00am

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

So where can we find an Italian Godfather moderator to run this point gambling ring

edit on 31-8-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

Dang we are already at 556 only 1.30!

I have to wonder about this and if it is starting to happen! 569 on map!

youtu.be...

574 at 3.13 PM pacific

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
What is going on here? Earthquakes are definitely on the up tick but now there was just one in Coalinga! Not big but anyone who has lived in CA knows about the Coalinga Earthquake!

www.sjvgeology.org...

I don't like the looks of this at all.

M3.5 - 24km SW of Coalinga, California 2012-08-31 21:44:07 UTC
edit on 31-8-2012 by favouriteslave because: to add website

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by favouriteslave
What is going on here? Earthquakes are definitely on the up tick but now there was just one in Coalinga! Not big but anyone who has lived in CA knows about the Coalinga Earthquake!

www.sjvgeology.org...

I don't like the looks of this at all.

M3.5 - 24km SW of Coalinga, California 2012-08-31 21:44:07 UTC
edit on 31-8-2012 by favouriteslave because: to add website

I know of that one for sure... needless to say all this activity in the southern part of california has got to have some effect on all the other faults leading to the north... im gonna bet within a week we will see at least a 5.0 on the san andreas fault zone..

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

580 on the map...

wonder how high we will go as the week old come off.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by riverwild

My sincere apologies for not responding, I have been very busy.

Booms always accompany earthquakes and depending on the topography may be very noticeable or not.

I see the swarm has dropped in intensity a bit now, in fact quite early compared to normal for the area. The 1987 swarm started in earnest on November 24th and went on to 8th Of December with just under 2000 events, the largest being a 6.2. But memories are short and everything is panic panic these days. OMG, OMG!!!!!

That's quite alright. Just glad to see you here. Many know you as the expert on EQ's. We appreciate your thoughts.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join