It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California going off!

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Yeah, I saw that yesterday as well.

I'm concerned as I have been since the Japan Quake.

The uptick going on in California to me is a sign of bigger quakes to come. Not sure where, if it will be the area itself, who knows, I sure don't. All I have is feelings.

I dreamed last night I was talking to my mom, she was walking in front of me and while I nudged on her back to move forward quicker I said, oh mom, we live in the New Madrid area. That dream I'm sure had to do with the latest activity in the US.....

For some reason I have a feeling the release of energy from California could be related to the release the New Madrid may also release. It seems like I read their last big one coincided with the new madrid within I think a six month span.

I've heard others say we could soon be looking at a cluster, whereas we see EQs and volcanoes go off in concert. That scenario if played out in real life could be hauntingly terrifying for some.

All we can do is live, let live and enjoy life as we have no idea what is in store for the future.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Originally posted by Char-Lee
Ok the total quakes on the map for the week now is over 400! Wow!

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Char-lee, you seem to know whats what with earthquakes, i, on the other hand, am a utter ignoramus. But im sure i read somewhere that small quakes meant a release of pressure stoping a bigger quake,. So could these cali quakes be this? Please could you explain why some people think this swarm is abnormal.

Thanks in advance,
as i said i am a complete dummy with quakes.

I posted earlier in the thread that when I studied Geology in college (long time back - 90's) the professor was saying how geologists wished they could trigger small quakes to release tension along fault lines like the San Andreas, so as to prevent a major earthquake of extreme proportions. Small quakes = a bunch of little releases as opposed to Big quakes = one giant destructive release of energy.

So I don't know why a swarm would inherently be a bad thing, and it seems to be something desired as preventative to a large disaster.

my two cents...

peace,
AB

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The quakes seemed to have cooled down. Maybe it was just acting up? Something usually that happends around the plays every so oftn (a cycle)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Nothing to see here, move along...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by earthart

I bet it is the underground tunnels in that area that has caused the multiple earthquakes.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebutler
reply to post by earthart

I bet it is the underground tunnels in that area that has caused the multiple earthquakes.

I bet it's not....

Des

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Anyone feel that 4 centered in Yorba Linda about ten minutes ago? It jolted my house but that was about it.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

Roger that...Garden Grove.

App says 4.1...a small one indeed, and hopefully not a precursor.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

I just saw that on the USGS site - hope that is it.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Let's hope not Facelift. I'm sitting directly above resonsible fault on the other end.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yes! I eating lunch near their , i thougt someone was kicking my table. The whole place started dancing. Crazy

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I felt it too
lots of shaking lately

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy88

Let's hope not Facelift. I'm sitting directly above resonsible fault on the other end.

Agreed...

And since Crystal Balls haven't hit the market yet, make sure you are stocked up on the necessities just in case; actually, it's just a matter of time.

Stay Frosty C88...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
uh oh!,

A 4.1 magnitude just hit in Yorba Linda! This is getting serious people.
Forget about Brawley, SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING!!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by morefiber
uh oh!,

A 4.1 magnitude just hit in Yorba Linda! This is getting serious people.
Forget about Brawley, SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING!!

441 on the map now! Wow!

earthquake.usgs.gov...

The map says they are phased it out, i think they don't like that it has a counter on it.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Quakes around the Virgin Islands, fault system similar to San Andreas, Geothermal plant comming in 2014.

Geothermal plant by 2014

There is a “strong likelihood” that Dominica will have an operational geothermal plant in the country by 2014, according to Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit. The government is reportedly in talks with firms in geothermal and power-generation about partnering with it on the construction and operation of the plant. “There is a strong likelihood that the plant could be operational by 2014,” he said. “The general public will be informed further on this in the coming months.”

Fault System

Location map Puerto Rico trench - USGS Scientific studies by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) have found that an earthquake occurring along this fault zone could generate a significant tsunami. NOAA stated: “A large fault system, which is similar to the San Andreas Fault in California, was discovered in very deep water near the trench. Much of the horizontal sliding between the North American and Caribbean plates occurs along this fault. The fault was named after Dr. Elizabeth (Betty) Bunce, a marine geophysicist pioneer who investigated this challenging environment in the 1950s.” Since 1988, the Puerto Rican Seismic Society has been using the Puerto Rican media to inform people about a future earthquake.

Is there that many geothermal sites that this is just a coincidence?
Tsunami potential is high.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

450 on the map....never seen the like!

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by Char-Lee

450 on the map....never seen the like!

earthquake.usgs.gov...

A couple of years ago there were close to 1000 on the same link. Note that said link is going to be 'upgraded' with a crappy one. Same old same old. We're the 'earthquake channel'. Sit back and be entertained.
edit on 30-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maroboduus

Originally posted by rapunzel222
my father who is a petroleum engineer/geothermal fracking guy

Your father is the enemy!
Tell him he owes me a massive supply of bottled water, since my drinking water has been contaminated with fracking chemicals.

well i hope you stick to your principles and drive around in a horse and cart, not a car fuelled wiht the petrol or gas my apparently evil father is smart enough to be able to get out of the ground for you?

are you serious in blaming petroleum engineers for what your governments do with policy about the environment and clean energy? if you care, go and protest your govt, they fund the oil and gas companies that exploit my father's intelligence and pay him a pittance compared to what the CEO and top executives of those big oil and gas companies get. but without engineers like him, nothing comes out of the ground for you.

so you can stick your arrogant comments for all i care....

and my father doesn't owe you anything.

you probably owe him for all the petrol you've used in your lifetime.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Good point.

Even if they use a horse, those hayburners need a vet sooner or later, and guess what? the vet will show up, but he won't be coming on horseback. He/she will be in a fossil fuel burning truck!

In this day and age, what are the chances a horse is eating feed that wasn't harvested with a tractor?

We are all linked to petroleum.

Don't get me wrong, fracking is bad. But we all have that petrochemical IV in our veins.

edit on 30-8-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join