It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

California going off!

page: 30
147
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnisonline
These california quakes/tremors remind me of those scene's from the movie 2012.I saw some pics of roads being split in some online news site.Though i am not sure about the validity of that.

Is it true that Roads have Split Open ? ... Or is it something that people believe is yet to happen ?...


Yea, we use to have a big split in our driveway and i learned it was from earthquakes. Now when i see splits like that everywhere i know where they come from. I think if the quakes big enough it can open the ground up. Unless your talking about something else thats about all i know, the ground doesn't shake too often out here...




posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
I saw a video on my local "weather network" channel here in Canada and on their Force of Nature segment they showed a video of a short EQ in Brawley, CA. Can anybody tell me what magnitude hit there? It looked pretty bumpy and if that was a SMALL quake I would hate to feel a big one.


Which earthquake? They had a nice little cluster of them over the last few days (what is the number at now?)



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings
 


Here is slink to a local article


Earthquake swarm near Brawley could continue for days
The temblors began after sunrise Sunday about three miles northwest of the small Imperial County farming town of Brawley. As many as 300 earthquakes were recorded, ranging from 1.5- to 5.5-magnitude and often striking in consecutive minutes, according to preliminary reports from the U.S. Geological Survey. They were felt across the Coachella Valley, into Orange and San Diego counties and even Arizona.




At just before 1:30 p.m. today, CalTech seismologist Kate Hutton said approximately 450 quakes had been tied to the Brawley swarm since Saturday. She said the frequency had slowed down to about five to 10 quakes per hour, and the force is lessening. “We’ve only had one ‘4’ today,” she said. About five to 10 quakes are being recorded per hour, she said, with the weakest ones rating about a 1.8 on the Richter scale.



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I live in the mountains of Southern California above the high desert, haven't felt anything out here.



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by meemaw
I do have a question: someone way back on a previous page which I can't find stated that the USGS has downgraded published EQ's intensities by 1, in order to reduce public anxiety and fear. I wish I could find the post but I'm too tired to keep looking. Is this true?


I asked about this in another thread a few days ago because people kept spewing this nonsense on some Facebook group without any proof to back it up. John Vidale responded saying he had no knowledge of any change to the scale and it's remained the same since it was invented. I trust his word since earthquakes are kind of his thing. =p

You can't just simply change the scale by 1 whole magnitude and expect nobody to notice, there is a huge difference between a 5.5 and a 6.5. If the largest quake yesterday was actually 6.5 there would have been a lot more damage and possibly casualties. It's just a bunch of nonsense people made up to validate their ideas that the government lies to us about everything.



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I'm so tired of "psychics" or "prediction experts" telling everyone to "get the hell out of California". How many times have I heard this in the past five - ten years now. My husband went through one of the worst quakes, but it didn't make him want to leave. It's getting annoying listening to people spew ignorance about how the coast is going to break off and slip into the ocean, or that the water will be providing beach front property for Nevadans. If anything, there would be some flooding, perhaps a small change in the coast line. All of this fear over quakes is ridiculous, when people in the midwest deal with tornadoes. But you don't see people screaming at them to get out of there. The thing is, no matter where you go, you'll be dealing with something. Hurricanes, floods, tsunami's, fire, quakes, etc. Unless you want to go live smack dab in the desert, then I guess that's where everyone should go?

I'm not afraid of it. I love California and I'm going back there to live in two weeks



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Well I'm really glad things are finaly calming down over there. After I saw the magnitude 7 in El Salvador with the tsunami warnings I was bracing myself for another fukushima-like event. Sadly a disaster like that can happen any moment at any place and we all know the west coast is overdue for a big one. So try to make every second of your life count, this is 2012 afterall.



edit on 28-8-2012 by Anim8tr because: error in the matrix



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
hi guys, just letting you know that my father who is a petroleum engineer/geothermal fracking guy, says he's just been told there have been 500 plus earthquakes in california in last three days and he was telling me he doesnt think it looks good.

he has no idea of any of these threads on ats or any of the psychic predictions, but when i told him he said you probably dont need to be a psychic to realise california could go into the sea, with the san andreas fault so close. he said he wouldnt live there.

personally i would get out of cali asap if you are there. i would be leaving Sydney too or getting an evac plan in place. the wave from such an event would be massive and i agree it would probably hit eastern australia.

if a quake hits cali at 4pm in arvo (was that the time on the psychic prediction/dream?) then will it hit australia at about 8.30 in morning perhaps?

anyway... he's getting his news i think via the petroleum engineer grapevine... they have noticed because they do geothermal work in the area and its an unusually large number of quakes occuring.

just giving you guys the inside word in case something is up.



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by earthart
 


I feel really stressed, as 77 days ago, I had a dream and I was told 77 days. Nothing more. It was a very strange dream with an alien type creature.

I put it on my calendar and today is the day. My husband laughed at me this morning before he left for work.
we are in Northern Ca not So right off the Juan de Fuca ridge plate.
'
'
crap thats scary. maybe you should take a week holiday out of town wiht family?

dont want to scare anyone but you've all heard about the man from the 50s or whatever who fell off a horse, went into a coma and had lucid dreams of the future in california when it all went into the sea right? he dreamt of tiny cars, and women wearing short skirts - he couldnt understand why -0 and guys with earrings i think...

the big one happened at 4pm in arvo i seem to recall... what was his name do you guys know about him?



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren
I'm so tired of "psychics" or "prediction experts" telling everyone to "get the hell out of California". How many times have I heard this in the past five - ten years now. My husband went through one of the worst quakes, but it didn't make him want to leave. It's getting annoying listening to people spew ignorance about how the coast is going to break off and slip into the ocean, or that the water will be providing beach front property for Nevadans. If anything, there would be some flooding, perhaps a small change in the coast line. All of this fear over quakes is ridiculous, when people in the midwest deal with tornadoes. But you don't see people screaming at them to get out of there. The thing is, no matter where you go, you'll be dealing with something. Hurricanes, floods, tsunami's, fire, quakes, etc. Unless you want to go live smack dab in the desert, then I guess that's where everyone should go?

I'm not afraid of it. I love California and I'm going back there to live in two weeks


Exactly. And what exactly, worst case, do people think would happen? It isn't like all of California would sink into the sea, only a few coastal bits - ok, no comfort to those living there but lets get some realism involved here please.

Personally, i wouldn't be too worried living there. Much the same as i don't shake in fear of asteroids falling on my head or buses smashing into me.



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by earthart
 


I feel really stressed, as 77 days ago, I had a dream and I was told 77 days. Nothing more. It was a very strange dream with an alien type creature.

I put it on my calendar and today is the day. My husband laughed at me this morning before he left for work.
we are in Northern Ca not So right off the Juan de Fuca ridge plate.
'
'
crap thats scary. maybe you should take a week holiday out of town wiht family?

dont want to scare anyone but you've all heard about the man from the 50s or whatever who fell off a horse, went into a coma and had lucid dreams of the future in california when it all went into the sea right? he dreamt of tiny cars, and women wearing short skirts - he couldnt understand why -0 and guys with earrings i think...

the big one happened at 4pm in arvo i seem to recall... what was his name do you guys know about him?


Joe Brandt...we can't leave and thats that


I was scared when I saw the big red X on my callander and realized the 77 days was up and the earthquake swarm started...but it has been so long now and nothing happened I am thinking no big deal.

edit on 28-8-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
hi guys, just letting you know that my father who is a petroleum engineer/geothermal fracking guy, says he's just been told there have been 500 plus earthquakes in california in last three days and he was telling me he doesnt think it looks good.

he has no idea of any of these threads on ats or any of the psychic predictions, but when i told him he said you probably dont need to be a psychic to realise california could go into the sea, with the san andreas fault so close. he said he wouldnt live there.

personally i would get out of cali asap if you are there. i would be leaving Sydney too or getting an evac plan in place. the wave from such an event would be massive and i agree it would probably hit eastern australia.

if a quake hits cali at 4pm in arvo (was that the time on the psychic prediction/dream?) then will it hit australia at about 8.30 in morning perhaps?

anyway... he's getting his news i think via the petroleum engineer grapevine... they have noticed because they do geothermal work in the area and its an unusually large number of quakes occuring.

just giving you guys the inside word in case something is up.


I see so your DAD DID THIS!!!I knew it was someone!!!



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee
 


ha ha... not guilty this time, he's not working the usa at the moment.


he might be responsible for one or two smallish ones in Australia tho... *oops*

yes, well, the govt should really be funding clean solar energy on a massive scale... or allowing us to develop
free energy... so if you want to blame someone (i know you were kidding but others do blame fracking engineers) then blame the govt... not the engineers imo...

also.. yes, it is concerning to me also what effect fracking is having on the environment. i dont think its a great idea; and i think we should all be switching to solar, so we can reduce demand for natural gas and oil. meanwhile someone's gotta get it out of the ground if you want your car to run... :/



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It's normal!!!
Thsis page has been going on for four days. It isn't like the people there are really worked up about it so why is the rest of the world?



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
oh well, apparently according to the prediction if you guys in cali get the big quake, we are gonna get hit with a massive quake and tsunamis here on the east coast of australia....

so apparently we are all screwed....



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
It's normal!!!
Thsis page has been going on for four days. It isn't like the people there are really worked up about it so why is the rest of the world?



its 2012. everyone is a bit jumpy thats all...



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
It's normal!!!
Thsis page has been going on for four days. It isn't like the people there are really worked up about it so why is the rest of the world?



Well if you look at the number of earthquakes world wide, it shows a week at a time, it is usual to have 150-259 and sometimes goes up to 300.

It has been going up and up, right now 380 on the map!

earthquake.usgs.gov...



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
what's the latest on this?



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phatdamage
what's the latest on this?


Still a steady stream of quakes slowed down a lot as far as I can see.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
my father who is a petroleum engineer/geothermal fracking guy

Your father is the enemy!
Tell him he owes me a massive supply of bottled water, since my drinking water has been contaminated with fracking chemicals.



new topics

top topics



 
147
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

log in

join