It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting Philosophical in the Bath.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Sometimes, I'll be lying there in the bath, in a somewhat relaxed, pensive state...and it'll suddenly hit me like 50,000 tonnes of bricks..

..."WOAH, I'm living an ACTUAL life!"...

It's almost as though, at the very second the thought enters my mind, my life "calibrates" itself...and everything sort of catches up with me. In general, it seems that I'm either constantly living in the past, or my mind is fretting over what the future holds, but I'm never living for the now. And when I have that thought in the bath, I get slammed very violently into the present and it's extremely sobering. It feels strange - in that moment, the bathroom seems impossibly silent and there's an unfamiliar stillness. It's feels like the bathroom is the only thing that exists and outside that room, there's nothing.

And my mind moves on...

What sort of weird, scary, philosophical thoughts do you have in the bath/shower?

edit on 26-8-2012 by KatieVA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

Well, you are lucky that you are able to live in the past and the future. My life is almost completely composed of the moment, which makes it hard to plan. I long for the days when I was secure enough to daydream and had an active imagination and such...

Usually when I am in the bath, I do spend the time thinking about exactly what you do, though. I feel like the room is my only reality. It is nice.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Definitely get that same feeling in the shower. I lose all track of time and can only hear the water coming down.

The bathroom in general is a great place to think.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

Hot soaking pineal snap after feeling wrinkly...I'm a thinker...its nice to delve upon past tenses with a clean slate.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I do all the time, and even have contact experiences when connected to water, bath or dishes. Water is connected to the planetary grid, amplifies energy and connections to yourself. Its a really good time to become meditative.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
well i was standin' in the shower thinkin'...
edit on 8/27/2012 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join