So showing emotions is bad obviously

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Not to sound like some embittered misanthrope but I read this the other day and I think it's becoming more and more true:

"Never tell your problems to anyone. 20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them."

I have one or two very very close friends I confide in - the rest may as well be that guy I saw on the bus that one time. I listen, I don't tell.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!

I have a friend who's just like that... only he snaps REALLY badly some times. He was close friends with another friend of mine... long story short, my friend with the anger problems ended up crushing my other friend's foot in a doorway.

And it was only because she was talking alone to my anger problem friend's girlfriend alone without him in the room.

And one time, he also tried to punch her for calling him an asshole, AFTER he screamed at her for "not bringing him his earphones fast enough."

People are petty and pathetic. This kind of thing really makes me hate my friends.
edit on 27-8-2012 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Thanks for all the insight and replies, no matter what side of the fence you were on.

I'm relieved to say we had a long talk and things are tighter than before. He just didn't realize how deep into things he'd gotten and it was also part my fault for not telling him just HOW things were affecting me. Communication is a vital thing after all, as is compromise. By me bottling my feelings and letting them simmer until boiling, that was wrong on my behalf. I learned some people just don't realize a thing is wrong or excessive or what-have-you unless something big happens as a result. Well, this was something big.

But the whole thing of compromising is a vital focus now:

He's taken to doing things with me he's not all /that/ into and I've taken to doing the same thing; and secretly, I think we'll end up being more into the things we thought we weren't into BY doing this. Even if not, it's gold to know that the other is involved cuz you enjoy it. Does that make sense? Hard to word it right. "I may not enjoy this a lot, but you do and I know it makes you happy so I'll be here with you for it and maybe join in." That kinda thing.

So yes. I think (and note please that i said /I THINK/, meaning it's not fact. Just my thoughts) that some guys tend to not see the forest for the trees where some gals tend to see the trees for the forest and read 20358290358209358209 things into one or two things - and not one of those 20395829035820938 things are correct. Or, as in my case with this whole mess, we don't want to say what's really on our minds for fear of rejection or being snipped at or proven wrong, etc. Any of those if not more. So yes, communication is vital no matter if you're face to face friends, long distance friends, or even those who are dating, married, etc. You gotta talk out problems and stuff else the other person can't know what's truly going on.

He LOVES the heck outta that game. If it makes him happy, who am I to complain about it?
Whatever makes him smile makes me smile.

Though of course, I still wish he'd cut down just like 10%. In time. I don't want to nag him of course. That would be NOT good. We do grow out of things though, most of the time. Move on to something else. Least he aint doing drugs or drinking or something like that.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Really happy to read you two had a great talk, and worked it out.

Honest communication is the key to resolving issues, as well as preventing misunderstandings.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

TF2 is at most an alright game, not even all that addictive or all that fun. He will be over it in a few months, if even that long. And you, well your just trying to impress upon on him and see how far you can ultimately push him and control him, it's not even about friendship really, its pushing and prodding to see how far some things will hold and what you can get him to do. Its the beginning stages of relationships, and how females operate, not really about friendship and not really about love, its more about control issues.

Because really your overacting about something that is basically just a non issue. YES, he will be over the game in a few weeks or months, or even days. And YES the game itself has very little to almost nothing to do with anything really but the fact that you made it an issue now of all times. Since you say he has been doing as he has for as long as you known him, and even have been playing those games with him

You OP are as they say, making a mountain out of a molehill. And your doing it purposefully, now when he gets over his little stint with TF2 you may want to steer him away from some actually addicting games like some have said the upcoming GW2. Because if given the choice between them and you he will chose the one that is more fun and less of a headache...And really can you blame the guy.

In fact I agree with HauntedBullets some pages back.
And I quote.

I think this is quite ridiculous honestly. Maybe he has more fun playing video games than talking to you on the phone? Get over it and move on, he apparently has. Everyone has their own way of life and saying someone else needs to prioritize because they don't want to hang out with flesh and blood people like you is very shallow minded. One day you will learn those "Flesh and Blood People" arent all they are cracked up to be. He enjoys video games, and you enjoy acquaintances. We all have our own Nirvana.

We all have our nirvana, his is obvious. And yours! well I think between the two of you, yours is going to be more problematic then his video-game addiction. And ya you do need to talk things over at opportune times.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join