It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So showing emotions is bad obviously

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

That is true.

Rather play with his joystick than me.

OH YOU.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by sarra1833

L
L
if he'd rather play with his joystick than you
its his loss

and your gain
one less shallow and immature person in your life
taking up valuable time

I can't believe what I just read. All I will say is views such as those are part of the problem in this world. Whatever happened to compassion and letting live.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833

That is true.

Rather play with his joystick than me.

OH YOU.

He just insulted your friend...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I needed something to make me chuckle and that made me chuckle. Sad fact is, his games ARE more important than anything else out there. Even now while scrolling my wall feed cuz we do have mutual friends, I saw him talking about the game with a few who play it. (not as much as he does, but play it all the same).

Technically, his joystick is more important than anything right now. That's why I had to chuckle. Please don't judge me for finally being able to crack a smile in the middle of severe hurt.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

I needed something to make me chuckle and that made me chuckle. Sad fact is, his games ARE more important than anything else out there. Even now while scrolling my wall feed cuz we do have mutual friends, I saw him talking about the game with a few who play it. (not as much as he does, but play it all the same).

Technically, his joystick is more important than anything right now. That's why I had to chuckle. Please don't judge me for finally being able to crack a smile in the middle of severe hurt.

Not at all. I'm no one to judge you... I just dislike people such as that guy who pick on those who are not like the norm.

And your answer seemed to give out the "You betcha he is shallow and immature" vibe.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

Hmmm... Don't reply if it touches too personally of course but, do you by any chance feel something stronger than friendship for your friend? Like attraction?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

When we're in tune to each other and don't have the whole game thing going on, we have this amazing chemistry that I've not had with any other. Ever. I adore him severely. In love with? No. Love how he makes me feel and how I can make him feel sans game? Yes. Definitely. He's more than a joy to be around. It's the kind of feeling that you only have with someone who you feel is like a yin to your yang or however that goes.

In love with, no. I can't predict the future of course but as of now? No. Is there a potential? Of course, just as there is for anything in our lives. Right now, I just want my fun exciting joking amazing friend back. I don't want him to drop the game 100%. Hell no. Even a step back of 10% would be ultra amazing.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I think this is quite ridiculous honestly. Maybe he has more fun playing video games than talking to you on the phone? Get over it and move on, he apparently has. Everyone has their own way of life and saying someone else needs to prioritize because they don't want to hang out with flesh and blood people like you is very shallow minded. One day you will learn those "Flesh and Blood People" arent all they are cracked up to be. He enjoys video games, and you enjoy acquaintances. We all have our own Nirvana.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Wow! It does sound a lot like you are in love, but if you say it's not, then you are the person that is right. He seems important enough that you shouldn't let his demise be an option.

I wish you luck.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Thanks.
Time will tell, of course. On every aspect. Ill be happy if/when we talk again. I still have hope and faith.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

lol dude

no harsness meant

that said there are too many people in our lives
that just take valuable time and energy from us
by following the rule of quality over quantity
we enhance our own lives and of those sharing in it.

hopefully you erroneously thought i was being overly harsh
and are not overly identifying with game-boy
because flushing people out of your life because of a game
is harsh

hopefully when game-boy realizes
that people are more important than things
it wont be too late

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Ditto to that... :/

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

well maybe if YOU played with his joystick he might realize how silly video games are?

I'M JUST SAYIN

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

wow, that was a lil douchy of me.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by Jepic

lol dude

no harsness meant

that said there are too many people in our lives
that just take valuable time and energy from us
by following the rule of quality over quantity
we enhance our own lives and of those sharing in it.

hopefully you erroneously thought i was being overly harsh
and are not overly identifying with game-boy
because flushing people out of your life because of a game
is harsh

hopefully when game-boy realizes
that people are more important than things
it wont be too late

We all have problems. Calling people names because they have a problem that you've "outgrown" is something I find sad. Not that you are a sad person for doing that, just that it is a sad state of affairs when the bigger people ridicule the smaller people.

And there is one thing that I know about the human mind. Things are never so simple. There are countless of factors that zero in on why a person takes up a new habit. Whether good or bad.

And something tells me this person has had a harder than normal life.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Sounds like the both of you got caught up in modern pit-traps of shallowness (him with video games and OP with venting over it on a "social" network), causing the destruction of something real, that being a friendship. Sounds to me, though, OP wanted more out of this relationship. From the info provided by OP (and remember, its only one side of this story), it sounds like the both of you could stand to do some growing up. If either of you came to some realization and initiated an apology (a face-to-face apology, mind you), I'd be surprised. Frankly, I don't think either of you would be capable of such a humble act.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hi OP.
Life has its distractions. Its clearly his problem that became your problem. Pick and choose your battles wisely. People are human and often forgiveness is all that is necessary to bring back the friendship. Later in life he becomes a husband and father. Kids will distract you from him, work will distract him from you. Kiddo, thats life. Seeing through the disillusion and being secure with the realities you hold dear may get you through the hard times.

Knowing when you have a real problem on your hands? sometimes everybody else see's it. Sometimes you deny it. Life is Kinetic, not an over and over broken record.

haha, sometimes its like baseball in the outfield,,,,,,,,,the hits just keep on coming

edit on 26-8-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

I'm quite upset that he killed our friendship over me expressing my hurt of him hurting me.

Didn't you kill your friendship when you used foozebook to tell the world he was a "*rick". Where's your accountability?

At least /was/ til he over reacted like that.

He reacted as anyone might, as did you. This is about you needing attention when he was busy and you couldn't accept not being his priority at the time, therefore you felt scorned and sought sympathy and sources to vent.

Men are a lot simpler to understand than women.

Unless you are a woman.

Sometimes it is more. I like to play an online game.
I once was playing grouped with someone who after hours of play said..."OH I forgot to feed my kids hold on a sec...came back..gave them peanut butter sandwich for dinner lol....Then an hour or so later "OH I forgot to put the kids to bed..oh well my 3 year old seems to be asleep on the floor that's OK for the night I put a blanket on her. My seven year old must be at his friends house." An hour later "Oh God my husbands home he's going to killll me I didn't fix him any dinner and I didn't clean the house today!
I quit and didn't play again for a long time.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
maybe you could send him a pic of your fun puppies...

im sure he would call you right away....

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Well, he might have liked you for more than friends? Also, it sounds like he was frustrated with himself. I hope you find another good friend soon, it is hard these days.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join