It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So showing emotions is bad obviously

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

I just hope he'll see reason soon. I had my best friend since kindergarten get drug addicted and watching her give up everything but the drug was heart wrenching. She since cleaned up and we're still tight as ever. Just hurts seeing an addiction hitting someone else close to me

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
You over-reacted by telling him to get his priorities straight and then hanging up.

He merely told you that when he talks to you he seems to play worse and die more. That is no reason to get angry and hang up just because you were not receiving the level of attention you like.

You should have just told him "We need to talk." And arrange that at a quiet place and just exchange your ideas as to what is going on.

Come on, you can still make it work. Fight for friendship and love. Not many people do that anymore.
edit on 26/8/12 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

That is also a good point. She did seem to give up rather easily..
LOVE... glove.. meh

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Believe me, I'm fighting for it positively.

When one holds their tongue for 3 months after hearing nothing but the game, the game, the game, ... I think I was a saint to hold in my anger for that long to be honest. It's not like that was the first time he ever talked about it. I finally had enough. I had, with his bff, talked to him prior about the game taking priority and how we were all hurting and being pushed away and he took it just like any addict would. Yet we still talked all the time. Or he talked about the game all the time. I got second by second playback commentary about his playing. For 3 months.

Saint for putting up with it that long without snapping, or idiot for puttting up with it that long period, I'm unsure. A mix of both I guess. I just want him to heal. Gaming is amazing - making it your oxygen is not.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Games don't last forever but best buddies do.
Back in my youth when we got our first pc my best bud and I were both hooked on zork, oregon trail and.....can't remember but anyway...

We eventually got bored of the game and moved on to bigger and better things.
Now we are planning on our grandparenting skills with each others kids/ our god children.
Games get boring, life is a little deeper!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Hopefully things will heal. I stepped back to let him calm a little as well as myself. Course he's in game right now (as one can set a watch to him) but I have faith we'll talk this crap out in a day or so. He's the sort who takes a few days to figure things out when arguments happen.

Wish he'd step back even just 10%. It'd be a nice start, tf2 wise.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
reply to post by Jepic

When one holds their tongue for 3 months after hearing nothing but the game, the game, the game, ... I think I was a saint to hold in my anger for that long to be honest. It's not like that was the first time he ever talked about it. I finally had enough. I had, with his bff, talked to him prior about the game taking priority and how we were all hurting and being pushed away and he took it just like any addict would. Yet we still talked all the time. Or he talked about the game all the time. I got second by second playback commentary about his playing. For 3 months.

Saint for putting up with it that long without snapping, or idiot for puttting up with it that long period, I'm unsure. A mix of both I guess. I just want him to heal. Gaming is amazing - making it your oxygen is not.

Hmmm... Definetly a saint for putting up that long. But of course in a friendship or relationship it is always best to let the other person know when he is not being his usual self or when something is affecting his/her life in a negative manner. Otherwise, yea.

Have a serious talk with him about what he needs, wants and is actualling getting out of life.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I have tried. Many of us have tried. I'm one of the last he has any more and it breaks my heart. I know I can't force anyone to change. All I can do is let him calm, hope we'll talk again and meet in the middle. Compromise seems to be hard for some, easy for others.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
reply to post by Jepic

These days you have to fight that much harder for what you want but also, remember to control your emotions and lets things progress naturally. It's easier said than done but if you love this person, you will find yourself staring at this individual waiting and wondering "when will you see me" staring at you awkwardly

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
sounds like you are trying to make someone stop doing something they like to do and not offering something as stimulating in return.. all you have to do is be more interesting than the game..
people like to have fun... some people are selfish, they find something they enjoy and they roll with it..

TF2 is fun btw... if ya cant beat em... join em.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

Oh i found the love of MVM in tf2. It's fun, definitely. And you make sense too.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
i WANT A GIRL THAT PLAYS MW3 NOT MINDGAMES.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

I'm sure you have to beat them off with a stick as it is.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Losing a friend is always hard on those who actually value friendships.

I consider my few friends that I have to be family, they are my brothers and sisters as far as I am concerned and will do anything in my power to help them and keep them safe.

I do have quite a few close acquaintances (which most people would call friends) and do what I can to help or just hang out and have a good time with. While losing a close acquaintance still hurts, it’s not as bad as what you consider a true friend.

I’ve always said that Friends forgive each other for their foibles, while lovers do not. (I’m not saying that you had THAT type of relationship), but his addiction to that game is a form of love to him.

He’ll end up regretting it in the future after he realizes what he has thrown away.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Originally posted by HamrHeed

I'm sure you have to beat them off with a stick as it is.

I am so secure that i bring my riot sheild everywhere..

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

you will figure him out, we men are simple creatures..

make a list of cool stuff you guys could do and pitch a few ideas at em

maybe you could get him reading ATS with you

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Lol video games are fun, dont worry though I get insulted by random people on ATS all the time. Even when im trying to make a normal conversation. But Nooooo they always have to say their insults either in the beggining, middle or end of the post. Thanks for letting me vent

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It's a phase, and an immature one at that. At some point he will have to move out of his parent's house and actually get a job and take on some responsibilities. Don't wait or him to wise up, but realize the possibility that he may wise up in time to still want to be with you. If not, meh? You can't waste time worrying about people like that because they will always suck your energy from you if you let them.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Thanks for the good posts, everyone. It helped cheer me up.

Time will tell.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I love video games myself and I am an avid minecraft player. I'm just now learning the ropes of what you can do in the game. But what it really is is a pixel art game. When you think of it like that the game really opens up for you.

I have one friend who'll talk about the game for hours on end though, and while I like the game I don't talk games that much. Especially in front of people who don't game and don't understand computer games all that well. He'll sit there and talk about it in front of them for long periods of time. Even when I ask him not to.

Still I put some timeto my friends and I wouldn't blame them for something that happens in the game.

Although I do get nerdrage and ragequit sometimes when I have a run of bad luck really curse out the computer, and the people who programmed the game.

Maybe eventually I'll show off some of the things I did in the member's art section.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

L
L
if he'd rather play with his joystick than you
its his loss

and your gain
one less shallow and immature person in your life
taking up valuable time

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>