So showing emotions is bad obviously

page: 1
7
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Been tight friends with someone for a little over a year now. Did everything together. Have the world in common.

This summer he got addicted to video games - tf2 being the jerk (team fortress 2). Every time we'd talk on the phone, it'd be him complaining how crappy he was playing. Would talk about the game non stop to the point it got ridiculous and annoying. But I let him vent cuz that's what friends do.

Non related, he'd get upset about some things and I'd listen. One time he really goofed up and I forgave him instantly cuz it wasn't that big of a deal.

Last night, we were talking and he literally had the nerve to tell me 3 times on the phone while he was playing that dumb game, "Every time I talk to you, I die or don't play well."
Well after the 3rd time, I was like 'you gotta figure out your priorities." and hung up on him.
I was on facebook after, trying to get over my rage of being insulted, and he came on and I told him (cuz i wasn't about to call him back) 'im trying to hold my tongue but that really hurt. You're such a selfish rick" Obviously rick was semi censored by omitting one letter, 'rick' being 4/5 of the word.....but I just wanted to make sure everyone knew I didn't call him that bad of a thing. He WAS Being like that. Totally. Sorry but hwne you call someone all the time and only talk or complain about your gaming, it tends to be very selfish and hten blaming the other for your suck? I dont think so.

So he dropped all ties with me cuz of that.
people are so shallow and fake. Its fine for them to be never wrong or always right or can dish out hurtful things but hte moment YOU do so for the first time ever, you're not friend worthy any longer. Sorry for me showing emotion and saying that out of hurt and anger and pain. Didn't know hearing the truth would set you off so ridiculously.

thanks for letting me vent. Dropping a year + long tight friendship over a game and a persons one time verbal anger....... head desk. total head desk.
edit on 26-8-2012 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)




posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So you are upset because this guy decided not to take it past being friends? Sorry if i'm reaching, and correct me



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed
 


No. No worries. I never said that. I'm quite upset that he killed our friendship over me expressing my hurt of him hurting me. Not boyfriend material but amazing friend material.

At least /was/ til he over reacted like that.



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'm more concerned that his gaming addiction is costing him more friends than just me. But he doesn't think he has a problem. I'm sorry but when you play from 11am to 3am with hardly a break, and talk about the game alllll the time and put it first and that's your only interest and you neglect yourself cuz of it, and then isolate your pals and get mad at them when they try to tell you you're letting a game ruin your life, (his best friend for decades said that to him), it's very very concerning.



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It sounds to me like you were chasing a friendship he's more or less set aside in favor of his gaming quite some time ago. That's a shame, as I sure know a few people who are more defined by a video game these days than anything in the real world around us. It's almost sad when someone allows it to consume them almost entirely and at the loss of good people in their lives.

What a shame. It sounds by your level of feeling that it was a friendship which you really valued at one time, too.



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833
 

I'm sorry your feelings got hurt....unfortunately, that's what addicts do. Hurt other people in their lives. He is an addict. So what if it's only a game. He's addicted to it, and his performance in the game is what's most important to him. Not your feelings, or probably a lot of other things that used to fill his time before the game took over.

You are better off having no contact with him, while he is in the pits of his addiction.

Des









edit on 26-8-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Gamers gonna Game.. Get use to it..

I have been up all night playing mine craft.. It is almost 1 in the afternoon now.. I think I should get some sleep. But i just want to keep breaking these damn blocks.



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
Been tight friends with someone for a little over a year now. Did everything together. Have the world in common.

This summer he got addicted to video games - tf2 being the jerk (team fortress 2). Every time we'd talk on the phone, it'd be him complaining how crappy he was playing. Would talk about the game non stop to the point it got ridiculous and annoying. But I let him vent cuz that's what friends do.

Non related, he'd get upset about some things and I'd listen. One time he really goofed up and I forgave him instantly cuz it wasn't that big of a deal.

Last night, we were talking and he literally had the nerve to tell me 3 times on the phone while he was playing that dumb game, "Every time I talk to you, I die or don't play well."
Well after the 3rd time, I was like 'you gotta figure out your priorities." and hung up on him.
I was on facebook after, trying to get over my rage of being insulted, and he came on and I told him (cuz i wasn't about to call him back) 'im trying to hold my tongue but that really hurt. You're such a selfish rick" Obviously rick was semi censored by omitting one letter, 'rick' being 4/5 of the word.....but I just wanted to make sure everyone knew I didn't call him that bad of a thing. He WAS Being like that. Totally. Sorry but hwne you call someone all the time and only talk or complain about your gaming, it tends to be very selfish and hten blaming the other for your suck? I dont think so.

So he dropped all ties with me cuz of that.
people are so shallow and fake. Its fine for them to be never wrong or always right or can dish out hurtful things but hte moment YOU do so for the first time ever, you're not friend worthy any longer. Sorry for me showing emotion and saying that out of hurt and anger and pain. Didn't know hearing the truth would set you off so ridiculously.

thanks for letting me vent. Dropping a year + long tight friendship over a game and a persons one time verbal anger....... head desk. total head desk.
edit on 26-8-2012 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)


A few thoughts;

He sounds like a total dweeb, really tf2???? It's the poor mans FPS these days. f2p.

2nd?

You rage on him on fb, I would've told you to beat it too for that but thats a whole other set drama.

Sometimes its best just to go separate ways, people outgrow eachother.



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833
 


Sounds like someone who is totally wrapped up into himself and what gives him pleasure.

Perhaps it is a good thing that the friendship has cooled for a bit, considering he isn't acting like a friend at all.

A real friend would make the time to call you, when he isn't playing the game,so you could have a decent chat.

He seems to have decided what his priorities are, and that is something you can't do much about.

Let it go, and try not to think too much about it, and concentrate on your friends who act like real friends.



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
reply to post by HamrHeed
 


No. No worries. I never said that. I'm quite upset that he killed our friendship over me expressing my hurt of him hurting me. Not boyfriend material but amazing friend material.

At least /was/ til he over reacted like that.


Oh! Well than.. In that case, atleast he's playing videogames instead of sticking people for their duckets, and seeding throwaways



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
I'm quite upset that he killed our friendship over me expressing my hurt of him hurting me.


Didn't you kill your friendship when you used foozebook to tell the world he was a "*rick". Where's your accountability?


At least /was/ til he over reacted like that.


He reacted as anyone might, as did you. This is about you needing attention when he was busy and you couldn't accept not being his priority at the time, therefore you felt scorned and sought sympathy and sources to vent.

Men are a lot simpler to understand than women.

Unless you are a woman.



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre
 


I've put in LOTS of hours a day/night into games like Minecraft, Fallout 3 etc., BUT I'm always putting friends first; if they call or I call them, I'm focused on THEM no matter how long or short the convo is. I'm definitely a gamer chick, but I also know priorities - and flesh and blood friends are number one over a pixelated world. I go out with people and enjoy the world - but yes, there are times I too play marathon gaming.

I just don't make it my sole life's mission.



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot
 


Geh, sorry for that lack of info. It was in a private message to him, NOT publically. I don't do that kind of low down stuff. What's between two people stays between two people.



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
reply to post by TechVampyre
 


I've put in LOTS of hours a day/night into games like Minecraft, Fallout 3 etc., BUT I'm always putting friends first; if they call or I call them, I'm focused on THEM no matter how long or short the convo is. I'm definitely a gamer chick, but I also know priorities - and flesh and blood friends are number one over a pixelated world. I go out with people and enjoy the world - but yes, there are times I too play marathon gaming.

I just don't make it my sole life's mission.


Some people just suck. Don't let it get to you.



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
reply to post by TechVampyre
 


I've put in LOTS of hours a day/night into games like Minecraft, Fallout 3 etc., BUT I'm always putting friends first; if they call or I call them, I'm focused on THEM no matter how long or short the convo is. I'm definitely a gamer chick, but I also know priorities - and flesh and blood friends are number one over a pixelated world. I go out with people and enjoy the world - but yes, there are times I too play marathon gaming.

I just don't make it my sole life's mission.


All I am saying is it will pass.. Maybe he is going through something.. Needs to not think, Tune out for awhile.. Video games are extremely effective in that since..

He will come around.
Just let him do his thing..



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre
 


Yeah, this gaming addict side of him just came out in June when he got a good pc that could run games. I just hate watching things take people over to such an extent that they stop doing anything else. I watched all his old enjoyments almost instantly be taken over by the game. Fully. It's all he talks about. xD Us friends of his are very very concerned and we dont want to just push him aside and make his addiction worse but man. When he's shutting everyone out around him......



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833
 


Gaming can be addicting. More so for some people than others. It sounds like this guy is more or less addicted. Until he gives it up or at least modifies his behavior he probably isn't gonna change.

For what its worth, you obviously do mean a lot to him. I mean that. Yes, he was a jerk. But, how many people has he flat out not talked to because he was playing? You occupy enough of his mind to distract him from the game. I'm guessing there are not many people that have that sway over him.



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
double posted some how??
edit on 26-8-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You over-reacted by telling him to get his priorities straight and then hanging up.

He merely told you that when he talks to you he seems to play worse and die more. That is no reason to get angry and hang up just because you were not receiving the level of attention you like.

You should have just told him "We need to talk." And arrange that at a quiet place and just exchange your ideas as to what is going on.

Come on, you can still make it work. Fight for friendship and love. Not many people do that anymore.
edit on 26/8/12 by Jepic because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833
 


and he is playing tf2?????????




So many new games out!

Just pray he doesn't catch GW2 fever.

MMOs devourer of friends.





 
7
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join