It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Can Not Wait For Nintendo Wii U. Nintendo in Full HD Glory! :)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I am going to list just a few very cool links that show Nintendo is finally raising the bar at least for the time being. Until Xbox720 rumored out next Holiday and PS4 perhaps a two year wait. Even with the PS4 And 720 probably having more power the graphics saturation point is almost reached anyway. So here are things I am excited about.

This game engine runs BEAUTIFULLY on Wii U. CryEngine 3. Crytek said there is a Wii U game in development using this engine. Though Sadly not Crises3.
www.vg247.com...

1080p games with ease during gameplay not just cut scenes. Now some people would say well my 360 and PS3 do that. The fact is they MOSTLY do not. They run Cut scenes in 720p and 1080p. The games that do run in 1080p are upscaled. Unless its a game like Wipeout HD you will find the games are not native HD and many games run at less than 720p
mynintendonews.com...

So I get my Metroid and Zelda in HD..can you imagine Zelda using the CryEngine3?

ZOMBIU..Now I know that Zombi games are overdone these days, but this game seems different, when you die in the game your character is a Zombi and you will then become a different character and if you want any items you may have acquired with your old character you will have to hunt that now Zombi down and kill it to get your stuff back.
www.youtube.com...

Also games like Assassins Creed 3 you can now switch weapons on the fly, and Madden (sadly not getting the new engine due to the time involved) picking your play without the entire room seeing it. Here are some features for Assassins Creed 3 for WiiU (I have heard it MIGHT run 1080p on Wii U but from what I have also heard the Wii U version still needs work)
wiiublog.com...

Anyway don't know if any of you find this interesting I know I do. There is SOOO much Wii U news I thought I would post just some and see where it goes.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It's about time! After playing Skyrim and Arkham City when I see somebody play Nintendo I'm like "wow those graphics suck, looks eight years old"

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

one thing i learned along the years is not to judge a game by the trailer!
take a look at the 1st trailer for dead island, looks awesome, really really high detailed everyone going crazy with it and later on the game well it was good but i was expecting more, so ZOMBIU could be great but im not going to trust my money on some cutscene, i will wait for some gameplay and more tech specs to come out and talk about it (to be honest dont know if its out already
)

And i dont know but i think its time to nintendo really step into the game and start importing more variety to their games, they have like 10 titles that are "mature" and 349287 family game, i know that its a old nintendo tradition, but if they dont... they will get their asses kicked for more 7 years by sony and microsoft!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
All I have to say is.. THEY BETTER RE-DUE "OCARINA" with hd graphics.. With any luck we will see hd collections of classic games.. If nintendo is smart they could cash in on it big time.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
S&F for you op! I can't wait for the Wii U also!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yee haw!
More cameras and microphones and motion sensors to put in my house!
Of course I'm not worried about hooking this all up to an internet connection.
Look at all of the pretty colors on the screen...
Good thing NOBODY ever invented or used a back door!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I purchased a Wii, and within a year it was outdated. 1080p is old news. Nintendo will always be years behind, and the fact they can't stick with a certain control design shows that their systems aren't meant to last. It's a different experience every time, but it's an experience that gets old fast, at least for me. Let me not even get into how many different DS devices they released. 4K resolution tvs are to come out soon and you can be sure that the PS4 will support it, doubt the next Xbox would. My PS3 can outlive the Wii U, I guarantee that.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
My PS3 can outlive the Wii U, I guarantee that.

Good luck on that buddy. Never did a console i owned from Nintendo just suddenly stopped working on me. Hell, i still have my NES and the games and it still works good, except for an occasional blow in the cartridge!

I've had my ps3 since later part of 2007, i got my wii around the same time. As you previously stated that nintendo will be a few years behind, who cares as long as they build a console we can depend on. My wii have pretty much been to hell and back and it still works.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
i have had a wii for a couple years now and all i ever use it for is netflix.

hopefully the new wii will be more fun..

my biggest complaint is that there aren't really and good racing games on the system..

i play gran turismo and forza.. the wii has nothing like that to offer me

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

uh, Mario Kart?!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
reply to post by spaceg0at

uh, Mario Kart?!!!

uh, lol

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aktulu

When I say outlive, I'm talking in regards to software and what the system offers as opposed to its competition. If we're talking physical, the Wii U will probably outlive the PS3 because of its 5 year old specs using 2012 design to prolong its life. Nintendo devices aren't made as powerful machines, that's why the Wii doesn't die out while Xbox's and Playstations do.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

Yeah, probably the ps3 will outlive the wii u software wise or it might not, idk its too early to judge a console that isnt released yet. Its good that sony does the redesigns to its console. This new super slim i've been reading about, i just might get it. Dunno yet though, I'm still butt-hurt over my older ps3 yloding on me.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aktulu

To be honest, if you're talking about the new slim that's being rumored, it will probably die out faster than your older one. More confined space, so heat can't move much, unless they put in a few more fans and put more cracks for air to travel through.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceg0at
i have had a wii for a couple years now and all i ever use it for is netflix.

hopefully the new wii will be more fun..

my biggest complaint is that there aren't really and good racing games on the system..

i play gran turismo and forza.. the wii has nothing like that to offer me

Here is one racing game coming to Wii U also Nintendo themselves are working on a Racing Sim as well.

The first link is pics of the game the second Nintendo features.

www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ& sa=X&ei=Sn46UNHiLYaj2QWt24DABA&ved=0CCsQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=759

www.nintendoworldreport.com...
Also Wii U Mario Kart is coming too.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
All I have to say is.. THEY BETTER RE-DUE "OCARINA" with hd graphics.. With any luck we will see hd collections of classic games.. If nintendo is smart they could cash in on it big time.

I loved Ocarina!! I would also like to see Eternal Darkness remade...what a freaking AWESOME game....If you have not Played it I would pick it up on E-bay for 10 dollars...It was for Gamecube.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by baraka

one thing i learned along the years is not to judge a game by the trailer!
take a look at the 1st trailer for dead island, looks awesome, really really high detailed everyone going crazy with it and later on the game well it was good but i was expecting more, so ZOMBIU could be great but im not going to trust my money on some cutscene, i will wait for some gameplay and more tech specs to come out and talk about it (to be honest dont know if its out already
)

And i dont know but i think its time to nintendo really step into the game and start importing more variety to their games, they have like 10 titles that are "mature" and 349287 family game, i know that its a old nintendo tradition, but if they dont... they will get their asses kicked for more 7 years by sony and microsoft!

I know what you mean...here is a Link to a developer working on Wii U and it IS more powerful than PS3 and we all know PS3 has more power than 360....
www.videogamer.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

It better be more powerful, it's only coming out like five years later.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

It may be coming out "like 5 years later", but still around the same price as PS3 and more powerful than PS3 and what I care about MOST about is first party and some really cool 3rd party games here is a link to a fun 3rd party game exclusive.
wiiudaily.com...
Rayman is now Wii U only. Now also most games that came out on PS3 were not any better than Xbox360...at least graphically. Here is another example of a PORT for Wii U....Batman Arkham City...
wiiudaily.com...
Don't forget 720 is like 16 months away and PS3 perhaps 24 months or better...Not to mention I will have Metroid and Zelda by then.

edit on 26-8-2012 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurthall
I loved Ocarina!! I would also like to see Eternal Darkness remade...what a freaking AWESOME game....If you have not Played it I would pick it up on E-bay for 10 dollars...It was for Gamecube.

Dude!! Eternal Darkness was epic!! The only game that I played that literally fuc*s with you. I never played the game with the sanity meter below half, any lower than that was too freaky! lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join