It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How homosexuality is 'inherited'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Nature encourages mothers to pass on a "gay trait" to their male offspring by boosting their fertility, the Italian University of Padova team believes.

This article goes on to say that fertile mothers who have already given birth to several sons are more likely to have a homosexual younger son.

Scientists have said it might be that the mother develops some kind of resistance to the male Y chromosome in her offspring that makes subsequent baby boys more likely to be born gay.

Scientists doing DNA studies on homosexual brothers pinpointed 'culprit' genetic material to a region of the X chromosome that mothers pass on to their offspring.

Here is the link

news.bbc.co.uk...

There are also arguments that the gay gene would die out as gay coulpes do not procreate.

As the average size of a family is now far smaller than they were say, 50 years ago, should it also not follow that less homosexuals are born now?

[edit on 13/10/2004 by iwouldificould]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
people can't be born gay no more than I can be born strait.

We didn't even know what sex was when we were kids... nor understand it
at least I hope not.
I saw man and woman, I was taught man and woman.
So I like men (i'm a woman btw)
my mom didn't pass on the "strait" gene dude.

how do you get a gay gene?

XtraInfo: i'm not homophobic, just saying.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If a "gay gene" is "fading" then the first question in my head is: Where did this "gay gene" come from in the first place? It would have to come by breeding and that simply makes little sense...bantha fodder...

The only way an adoptated child of a gay couple can "inherit" gay traits is if their parents push it on them...Otherwise it's more a mental thing that they slowly figure out as they grow up that is affected by hormonal development and life experiences...

join