It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men's rights to Women's reproductive organs - You don't have any.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Go buy a pack of condoms and put them on, it is mostly men moaning about wearing coats

Hence if you do not want a women to decide what is going to happen with men's sperm, do not do it without protection,period.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
And ya know what. You pegged it op. If what you are doing is something you wouldnt want to view in a picture as a memory, its probably WRONG!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by aaaiii
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

You're talking about reproductive rights. That involves a child because without the child there is no issue.

No, im talking about the MOTHER who actually EXISTS and has FEELINGS and OPINIONS on how a pregnancy would effect her life. Its not rocket science to understand that she's the key to this issue. She is the Ring barer. She is judge and jury. She is GOD because its HER body. Simple really.

Too many humans think they are god these days. Too bad they are just humans and they will learn that sooner than later.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Endorra

Originally posted by Jepic

Again, this is not about her organs. This is about the child. We are not interested in your vagina.

A little simply biology might help here.
Without my reproductive organs, there is no child to be concerned about. See, it is my reproductive organs that make that child a possibility.

Yes. And it is the male reproductive organs too that make that child a possibility.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

You are right. Well in any case somebody should outline what scenario we are talking about. Because the rules of the game can change drastically depending on it.

The OP did quite well when she started this thread. The problem is that you are unable to counter her points so you need to change the argument to something you have prepared arguments for. This is about female reproductive rights, not married couples.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

You are delusional if you think this doesn't involve two other lives. A child is half of each parent.

First you're saying you can hog the kid. Then you're saying the other parent has no rights when the child carries half his genes.

Is there a conscience in there, or is selfishness the status quo?
edit on 8/26/2012 by aaaiii because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

sORRY i DON'T BUY IT.
The "progressive agenda" has always been mimicking and poking away at a certain group in society. At this point, IMO, saying that the mothers' rights trump a babys' rights, is just prejudice.

And forcing a women to bring a baby to term is what? Perfectly okay??

Nobody knows when the SOUL officially enters the fetus, and it's futile to even discuss it anyways because this issue isn't abortion, it's selfishness at the core of humanity.

Nobody even know's if souls exist so this argument is invalid.

Idiots who can't afford babies and don't appreciate them, breed like rabbits, meanwhile the rest of use slowly become sterile and broke paying for others' "rights"

Separate issue. Political one at that.

Responsible and truly progressive people don't even risk the chance of getting pregnant unless they're ready.

Anyone who's mature takes precautions.

Throwing babies in the garbage isn't progressive. We're currently dealing with the overabundance of cats and dogs and putting them asleep for doing whats natural

Forcing women to bare children isnt "progressive" either.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

So basically your ideology is as follows.

1. Both partners decided to have sex with a risk that there is going to be a pregancy. But if there is a pregnancy, it's enitrely the man's fault.
2. And she decides what happens with the baby.

There is no need for you to restate my position. I have stated it clearly. And it has nothing to do with "fault".

But my position about fault is that for the pregnancy, it lies with both parties. I don't see the point in assigning blame, however. The responsibility for that pregnancy going forward or ending lies with the woman, however, since she is the one pregnant. If the man carried the child, the responsibility (and choice) would be with him.

Bottom line. He is responsible for impregnating her. She is not.

I have not said that. There is no need to restate my position.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Endorra

You are right. Well in any case somebody should outline what scenario we are talking about. Because the rules of the game can change drastically depending on it.

The OP did quite well when she started this thread. The problem is that you are unable to counter her points so you need to change the argument to something you have prepared arguments for. This is about female reproductive rights, not married couples.

Well my point is here in this thread repeated many times.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

8 cells do not make a child

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaaiii

You are delusional if you think this doesn't involve two other lives. A child is half of each parent.

Its nothing if it doesn't have a woman's body to grow and develop it. That's just life and its not fair.

First you're saying you can hog the kid. Then you're saying the other parent has no rights when the child carries half his genes.

Where have i said the kid could be "hogged" ?

It's there a conscience in there, or is selfishness the status quo?

Im being concious of a woman's reproductive organs, so sue me.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
PLEASE SEARCHLIGHT, please explain how a person can "force" a woman to have a baby? Are we arguing that women should not be impregnated against their will then held in cages for 9 months until they pop out a baby? Because I don't think anyone would argue against that. Any pregnant woman can punch herself in the uterus and cause a miscarriage so please explain this "forcing" method that you are so against.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

You're right. Life isn't fair. That's why the man must have a 50% say in what happens to your mutual child.

When you keep all decisions regarding a fetus, which is only 50% of you, you are hogging the child.
edit on 8/26/2012 by aaaiii because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
And ya know what. You pegged it op. If what you are doing is something you wouldnt want to view in a picture as a memory, its probably WRONG!

I had my gall bladder removed recently. It was something that needed to be done in order to restore my health. It was a quick and simple procedure but not something I felt like celebrating or posing in a picture for. Hell, that was just necessary surgery. So by your logic, what I did must have been wrong? I clean my cat's litter box every day. I do not want to pose for pictures then either, does that mean it is wrong? I have sex with a loving partner and we enjoy ourselves. I also do not want to pose for any pictures at that time. Your logic is missing logic.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Jepic

So basically your ideology is as follows.

1. Both partners decided to have sex with a risk that there is going to be a pregancy. But if there is a pregnancy, it's enitrely the man's fault.
2. And she decides what happens with the baby.

There is no need for you to restate my position. I have stated it clearly. And it has nothing to do with "fault".

But my position about fault is that for the pregnancy, it lies with both parties. I don't see the point in assigning blame, however. The responsibility for that pregnancy going forward or ending lies with the woman, however, since she is the one pregnant. If the man carried the child, the responsibility (and choice) would be with him.

Bottom line. He is responsible for impregnating her. She is not.

I have not said that. There is no need to restate my position.

Meh. Agree to disagree. We are going circles. But I truly hope the law changes and people don't have sex until they are married. Otherwise we will wake up to see that this world has become insanity at its definition.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Well you seem to have stumbled into the wrong thread because im talking about a woman's right to control her reproductive organs.

Oh, I see...you are trying to control the language so you don't have to admit you support the legal murder of human babies.

Sorry...everyone has seen this old tired tactic.

Not talking about abortion, talking about a woman's right to control her reproductive organs.

Sure, she can have her tubes tied, she can have them removed, she can do whatever she wants to do with the organs...as long as it doesn't kill another human.

Again...just trying to control the language so you avoid all the ugliness of your position.

Seriously, abortion is not the focus of this thread.

It's not???

Because your whole OP is about pregnancy and the women's right to end it if she wants to...that is called abortion.

Nice attempt at trying to control the language...what's that saying...you can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig. I think that nicely sums up this thread.

This entire thread is another attempt at justifying your position because you are subconsciously uncomfortable with the ideas that you support..so you are desperately trying to make it ok within yourself. Don't worry, you arne't unique...most pro-choice people do this.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

A gall bladder is not capable of producing a life. Hardly an appropriate comparison.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

well thats not the way it is. If it were a perfect world, all aborted children would be raised surogately. Like I said, im not for abortion, but I understand theres circumstances that arise. So im not against it. But there are women who have had multiple abortions, and that should be a crime.

Well its not a perfect world is it? Life isn't fair is it? So lets stick with reality and the facts of the matter. Its her body her choice. If it was his body, it would be his choice.

Abortions are not a great experience, you don't pose for a picture afterwards so you can look back when your older and say "Yeah, how awesome was that" Im not talking about the rights and wrongs of abortion, im talking about a woman's right to her own body.
you chose the risk of pregnancy before havin sex. Now you want to choose again? What are we? banks

You sound happy to treat a woman like a bank - Put in an invest in against her will and withdraw it 9 months later. You think women were put here just for you or something?

As a woman, I'll suggest this to you: you're lucky to be a woman in terms of "rights" and whatnot. As men, and of minority status, we have much less pull than females and our society is supposed to be all about equality. It's a lie.
Just think about it from our perspective: if you are a wealthy man, you practically have to protect your jizz with a vaccuum hose!
WE WANT EQUALITY. FIGHT FOR US. YOU FOUGHT FOR OTHER CIVIL RIGHTS, NOW IT'S OUR TURN

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by starseedflower
reply to post by Jepic

8 cells do not make a child

You know what actually? I want you to see how long you survive if you were missing 8 cells in your skin or intestines and of course without those 8 cells being able to be replaced.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join