It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men's rights to Women's reproductive organs - You don't have any.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Not another abortion thread.....

I'm curious. In this whole abortion debate no one ever mentions spontaneous abortion, which is the body rejecting the fetus for whatever reason.

If the body aborts, why is it different from medicine interfering with the process?

I'm neutral. For personal reasons, I can no longer offer an opinion.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
You are right. But how fair is life for men. We talk of rape and abortion and child birth.. But when does a father get a right to make decisions for their child? Mother decides to keep it or not. Then once born, the mother has majority of custody right off the bat.

My love, custody rights sound awfully messed up in america - but its a separate issue. One i would happily resolved in favour of the "best" parent for the child.

Depending what the mother puts on the b.c., I very well may never seemy child again. Now I dont have to worry about this, as I am married and my wife and I arent stupid arent going to get pregnant unless we make tat decision. But there are some extremely sad, upset, depressed men out there, because the woman with their child either aborts it, or keeps it away from them.

Freewill doesn't always work out. Those men have picked the wrong type of women to have sexual relationships with, Its just that simple. My point is simply that men dont have a right to a woman's reproductive organs. Im not trying to be sexist im just pointing out the fact of the matter.

Is this fair? I believe abortion is a womans choice, but just think to yourself, what if we took all newborns and gave them to the father.. Women evrywhere would cry. So think about how the guy feels... FoR ONCE.

Life isnt fair. There are enough kids that have been born and forgotten about. You cant force a woman to bring a child to term because you knocked her up. Men just dont have that right. However, your thoughts and feelings are incredibly important, but their not the decision maker and never should be.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaaiii
Not another abortion thread.....

I'm curious. In this whole abortion debate no one ever mentions spontaneous abortion, which is the body rejecting the fetus for whatever reason.

If the body aborts, why is it different from medicine interfering with the process?

I'm neutral. For personal reasons, I can no longer offer an opinion.

Its not an abortion thread my love, its about a woman having rights to her own reproductive organs.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

We (men) don't have rights, but you (women) have the rights to dictate that men will or will not pay child support for 18 years, will or will not even see the child, or what you may or may not be able to do with that child.

I fail to see logic, women get to dictate the next 18 years of free paychecks, but men have no say in the next 9 months? Pretty sure that my child support is from the physical labor of my WORK, thus are women not dictating what I am doing with MY body for the next 18 years?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Semantics.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

But we are not talking about the woman's body here. We are talking about the baby which is a creation that could only arise from sperm (male) and an egg (female).

NO we ARE talking about the woman's body. Its her body that is used to carry a baby to term over 9 months and she has rights to decide if she wants to or not. You cant force her to have a child for you because men don't have rights to unborn children.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato

Maybe you should stop bringing your personal drama in here and stop pretending like just because you had a pregnancy scare and someone wanted you to have a baby that your logic applies to everyone alive. Oh and stop sleeping around too.

Its not personal drama, its educating people on the rights of the individual. Let me break it down even simpler so you can understand:

Women is pregnant - Her body, her right to abortion.
Man has knocked up a woman - He has no right to force her to bring the child to term because its not his body.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Im going to leave the op with a small saying. Life, is often about sacrifice. Sometimes you need to step aside, and put your emotions ad feelings ad beliefs aside, and do what is right for all involved, not just whats best for yourself.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

But we are not talking about the woman's body here. We are talking about the baby which is a creation that could only arise from sperm (male) and an egg (female).

NO we ARE talking about the woman's body. Its her body that is used to carry a baby to term over 9 months and she has rights to decide if she wants to or not. You cant force her to have a child for you because men don't have rights to unborn children.

NO. I believe what is actually going to be born is the baby. Not the vagina. A woman's reproductive organ happens to be the medium by through which the baby is going to come out to the outside world.

This is all about the baby.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

We (men) don't have rights, but you (women) have the rights to dictate that men will or will not pay child support for 18 years, will or will not even see the child, or what you may or may not be able to do with that child.

Child support is the separate issue. Do you pay child support for a baby that isnt born? No? then your argument is invalid.

I fail to see logic,

A woman and a woman alone has to grow a baby in her body for 9months, she has a right to have a say over that and a man has no right to force her opinion either way because its not his body. Simple.

women get to dictate the next 18 years of free paychecks, but men have no say in the next 9 months? Pretty sure that my child support is from the physical labor of my WORK, thus are women not dictating what I am doing with MY body for the next 18 years

Different topic my love. Im talking about 9 months of growing a life in your body, A man has very little to do with that and so has no right to force her to bare a child no matter the size of his wallet or how long he labours.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
No one would argue that a woman has a right to her body, but when she agreed to have sex with a man she agreed to risk getting pregnant. A baby is a separate entity which is NOT the woman's body. It is a new body created by the man AND woman. Yes it happens to reside inside the woman's body but as you say "TOUGH LUCK."

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

Your post isn't addressing the thread topic, but I have to comment.

It's sad to me that children have been reduced to chattel in an on-going battle between two people who decided not to make their relationship work. It's a terrible vision of our society I'm getting from this thread. As a former teacher, I used to see the terrible consequences this selfishness had on the children. Depression, suicide attempts, cutting- all because their parents refused to act like adults, love their kids, and chose to put their kids through hell just so they could get one over on their ex.

Personally, I think people don't need to have sexual relations if they aren't willing to be parents. And, if they aren't willing to be parents WITH the person they had relations with, then they need to exert some self control. People need to be more discerning and think of long term consequences.

edit on 26-8-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

link   

Maybe you should stop bringing your personal drama in here and stop pretending like just because you had a pregnancy scare and someone wanted you to have a baby that your logic applies to everyone alive. Oh and stop sleeping around too.

Its not personal drama, its educating people on the rights of the individual. Let me break it down even simpler so you can understand:

Man has knocked up a woman - He has no right to force her to bring the child to term because its not his body.

So then if the man doesn't want the child, but she keeps it, the man shouldn't be on the hook for "modern " welfare. EQUAL RIGHTS. Too many women are gaming the system. This is the outcome when so called women believe that money makes the character and is a measure of worth.What an evil game.
The truth is: money comes after you master your love/ career, and you can't hide your satisfaction
edit on 26-8-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

link   

Im going to leave the op with a small saying. Life, is often about sacrifice. Sometimes you need to step aside, and put your emotions ad feelings ad beliefs aside, and do what is right for all involved, not just whats best for yourself.

This expectation that would should "Sacrifice" for others is gender role brainwashing. She has rights to her reproductive organs and they should be acknowledged and RESPECTED.

link   
Once a man impregnates a woman, he has to understand that he has very little say on what happens inside the woman's body. If she decides she doesn't want to take the baby to term, then that's her body, her decision. If she doesn't, her choice.

I do think that if the man DOESN'T want a child, he should also have the right to opt out of fatherhood. There should be a window of time he has to decide. A short enough window that the woman can still abort if she doesn't want to handle the pregnancy, childbirth and raising of the child on her own. If the man decides he doesn't want to be a father, he can sign his rights and obligations away and that gives the woman time to have an abortion or make the decision to be solely responsible for the child or put it up for adoption.

It's the fairest way, IMO.

If men had the plumbing inside their body, they would have the "say". If a man doesn't want the chance of a baby, AND doesn't want to face turning over the decision to a woman, he needs to take 100% responsibility for making sure that he doesn't get her pregnant.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

"Man has knocked up a woman". That's a harsh way of treating your husband or partner I believe. I'm certain that someone who refers to her partner or husband that way, really has zero respect towards him.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

This expectation that would should "Sacrifice" for others is gender role brainwashing. She has rights to her reproductive organs and they should be acknowledged and RESPECTED.
. Where did I say anything about gender in that quote? You just hate men dont you.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

The woman doesn't have a right to abort if the man wants the baby.

Actually, she absolutely does.

So for example in the case of a woman who wants abortion but the man does not, a good deal would be for the woman to have the baby but hand full responsibility of raising the child to the man.

Forcing a woman to carry a child and give birth is NOT a "good deal" for her. Pregnancy and childbirth put her life at risk. It's not a "good deal" for her at all.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
As a man I don't have any rights in regards to your reproductive organs, so we agree on that, but I do have rights to the unborn innocent human being that I am 50% responsible for creating. It isn't about your ovaries, it's about the respect for and preservation of innocent life.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

. Where did I say anything about gender in that quote? You just hate men dont you.

I read that "RESPECTED" as "worshipped" and I don't think I'm too far off base with this one. Thank goodness people with such harsh and ignorant views are usually stuck low in life and do not control others or make laws.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join