It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men's rights to Women's reproductive organs - You don't have any.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by starseedflower
reply to post by Jepic

Insanity is to discuss woman's rights with backward-ish fundamentalists backed by cunning politicians that use an emotional topic during pre-election, just to get popularity votes.

I actually completely agree. And it must be truly insane...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

Originally posted by Socrato
Not trying to get pregnant = not trying to have sex. Simple.

That goes for men, too.
If they don't want to get a girl pregnant, don't have sex!

Sex was made for pregnancy period.

So, the only time you have sex is when you're actively trying to create a child? If that's your choice, fine. But expecting EVERYONE to live by your personal views is ludicrous.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Endorra

Originally posted by Jepic
Hmmm... Okay.

If the woman is raped she has the final decision to what happens with the baby.
If the man is raped he decides what happens with the baby.

If a baby arose fromm casual sex, both parents have a 50/50 say to what happens to the baby.

I want to just say "deal" and be happy we came to an agreement. The only problem is your exception for rape does some damage to your other arguments you have put forward in order to further your pro life position. You may have to rethink your entire stance if you actually believe what you just posted.
This is a tricky topic.

Speaking from the heart. No "pro-life" or "anti-life" or any other agenda for that reason. I believe my beliefs are absolute just, balanced and fair.

DEAL.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I loved your OP, SearchLightsInc! Sooo clearly put, I wish I could write like that!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

You are, because you refuse to admit that it is a human.
Unless you deny all basic modern Biology about the life cycle...then you support the killing of a very very young human.
Why can't you admit it?

Its not a human though. Unless you would like to give me a definition of "human" right here right now and change my mind?

I think because I am a human I get to advocate for the protection of all humans...no matter how young they are or how "inconvenient" they are to other humans.

But what gives you the right to tell a woman to abort or carry a baby to term? That's what im getting at.

Oh...you are talking about abortion...you just said you weren't

So let me get this straight...you only want to discuss that abortion is good...you don't want to hear any counter arguments??? Would you like me to dig the hole for you to stick your head in...or can you do that yourself???

Im talking about a woman's rights to her reproductive organs via the means of abortion. You just dont get it do you? You want to argue abortion, im arguing reproductive rights for women, we are clearly on two different pages here.

This entire thread is a way to ease your mind...pro abortion threads always are...it's a sleep aide so you can continue to lie to yourself.

I sleep better knowing i have rights to my own body, dont you?

Yes...so proud you deny Biology and lie to yourself.

Because being able to bare children is the one and only thing that makes my life viable and to reject that is "lying" to myself, Yup, gotcha. Whatever you say.

I challenge you...just admit here and now that you support the killing of innocent humans because they are an inconvenience.

When you give me the definition of human, i will use the correct term to publicly identify as pro-choice - even though this thread is about a womans reproductive rights.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

That falls under being smart about who you sleep with, if she's alone with a drunken savage by choice in hopes of having sex. It falls under non-consensual sex aka rape if she's not participating by choice, and in that case there should be nothing preventing her from aborting the pregnancy. If she's already on the pill it might save her the added pain of abortion, of course. But the pill is not for everyone.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Jepic

You know what actually? I want you to see how long you survive if you were missing 8 cells in your skin or intestines and of course without those 8 cells being able to be replaced.

I survive just fine missing whole organs that aren't replaced... I think you need to pick up a science book.

Impossible.

1. You either bleed to death.
2. Get a lethal infection.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

Yup. I am not ready to get pregnant yet but because I know you would not suggest denying me that right in the future, I know you are not suggesting I take out my uterus in the hopes that I can put it back in later.

Nope, not suggesting that, not sure how you could deduce that from what I said.

However...if you aren't ready to get pregnant, then you should not engage in activity that may cause you to get pregnant.

I'm not ready to have lung cancer...so I don't smoke.

It's very easy not to get pregnant...it's not a random consequence.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

reply to post by Endorra

Rape is a crime. It should never happen. That's a completely different discussion.

How is that a completely different discussion?
We are talking about women's reproductive rights. Rape is one of the ways a woman can get pregnant. I hate having to tell adults facts like these.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
You are, because you refuse to admit that it is a human.

It's NOT a human. It has the potential to be. It's either an embryo, a zygote or a fetus. It's not a human being until it's born.

Why can't you admit it?

I admit it!
having an abortion is taking the life (killing) of a potential human.

Yes...so proud you deny Biology and lie to yourself.

There's no denying biology here. We all know that, left to develop, these cells would form into a human.

I challenge you...just admit here and now that you support the killing of innocent humans because they are an inconvenience.

I support the right of each individual to their own autonomy. Now, how about you admitting that you don't?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

Ever heard of a surrogate mother?

What does a surrogate mother have to do with this? A surrogate cannot take over a pregnancy that has already begun. Damn are people really this ignorant?

By the way, in the near future, with our technology expansion, kids will be grown in test tubes. I'd embrace motherhood if I were inverted

I do not think you will be qualified to be a mother since you think I can get pregnant and then pass it off to a surrogate.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

And do you realise that without a male's nuts you wouldn't even have a chance at controlling the life of that baby because you wouldn't even be having a baby.

You do realize I never said otherwise and I have no idea what you are arguing here?

Basically YOU WANT TO CONTROL A BEING THAT HAS MY GENES IN IT!? HEEEELLL NO!

Yeah if anything with your genes in it is in my body, I did not invite it and I will do with it as I please.

link   

reply to post by Endorra

Rape is a crime. It should never happen. That's a completely different discussion.

How is that a completely different discussion?
We are talking about women's reproductive rights. Rape is one of the ways a woman can get pregnant. I hate having to tell adults facts like these.

Rape is a crime. The rules of the game change to favour the victim.
Casual sex is not a crime. The rules of the game change to favour both the man and the woman.

link   
There is only one way to create another human being .. We all know how its done ( even the 12 year olds posting on this thread know how ).

Females give Birth .. Males are the ONLY ones that can impregnate a Female.

Females can only Conceive if her Fertile Egg is within a certain stage of maturation ( females only have a limited time for Conception without causing damage to Her body ( Falopian tube babies are Very dangerous ).

Its actually very depressing to see many young females dont even know how there "reproductive organs" work .. and how dangerous it can be.

If a Male were at risk of Conceiving a child within his body .. you would see a lot less child birth in the world.

Males are sluts .. we can impregnate 2 females a DAY ( Females only one time a month ) .. Thats what we are created for .. to Know this as a female and take advantage of this Simple biological Fact is called Control of the Male Gender !

Now the Female should KNOW that Males can procreate AT ANY GIVEN TIME ( Sorry ladies you Cant do that ).

The Female part of our Species should know by now that they have Complete and Utter control of there bodies/reproductive organs. If not then you should not par take in reproductive activities ..

The female should have the First AND Last Choice of what Her body does. The Male also has a choice .. Sex or no sex with Females.

But the " You got me pregnant " issue is void because you Choose as a female to get pregnant.

To all Females out there .. you KNOW when you can conceive .. You are rolling the dice and putting the Males at half fault ! .. when Its YOUR Fault you got pregnant !

You know dam well that males will respond to an open invitation to sex .. its When and Were and How with you Females that try to control the males.

You want Sex on your terms ..then live with the fact that we Will try to Orgasm. You might too .. but if the baby comes then its an Equal Value Responsibility. Why ?

You want 1:1 ratio of responsibility of Creating a Child ? Then give us guys a heads up that you Might be ready to Conceive .. at least put Some Responsibility on Yourselves as Creators of Life !! .. ( so 7 days or so with NO sex a month is all that of a problem for you child Creators ? ) ..

Females ..

JG.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It is written that man and wife become one flesh; that the woman's body belongs to the man and also the man's body belongs to the woman. There is nothing they may keep from each other. They may not deny each other sex unless it is at a presupposed time which has been agreed upon for times such as prayer and fasting.

Man is the head of the woman, just as Christ is the head of man.

The woman is the glory of the man, just like man is the glory of Christ, and Christ is the glory of the Father.

Just as woman was made of man, so are all men born of women.

What? You think you are so wise to snarl at the Word of God? DID YOU MAKE THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH? Then how is it that you think the Creator of the Universe is wrong; He made YOU. May He convict your arrogant heart heavily; whether it be with a pain to make you question yourself or a happy feeling that you may know His presence is real.

Now, it must be addressed that a man and woman are man and wife when they have sex. Again you argue?! How arrogant. When a man and woman have sex, they become one flesh. THAT IS MARRIAGE. The state is an invisible entity; it is not a good decider of nature. Legal marriage is a marriage of finances, not flesh.

Yes, this means that some people have MANY wives; or for that matter, many husbands. That's society today. I am not excluded from this because I made the same mistake; but then again not quite as badly as most people; but then again more often than I would like to admit. And YES, we do have a responsibility to each of those people. Out of every memory that our flesh and blood holds onto, sex partners are always recalled and remembered.

But it is written that God made "man and wife". A man and his wife is how God made them. That is the bottom line. The rage I develop just remembering how foolish I was... the rage I develop knowing the world around me; that people see sex as something they're entitled to; and then they turn around and trash whomever they please. For some, it is out of ignorance, which is much more easily forgiven. But for some, it is a blatant arrogance and defiance. It is a monster inside saying, "Forget what God thinks. Forget what your dad and mom think. Forget what your partner might be feeling. Forget what you think. This is your chance; just do it."

That monster will be destroyed eventually; I am glad.

But if a woman has not yet had sex with a man, then that man does not have right to her body; her father and mother do because she IS their flesh combined; she IS them. But when the woman consents to sex with a man, she has given up rights to her body that instant. Hence the reason that in what you call the "olden days" woman actually WAITED - because she understood she was giving up her God given rights to her own body at that point. But at the same point, the man also is consenting to give up rights to his body. But of course, you have no problem with that do you; because you are of a perverted mind - but if you really knew what that meant, I am sure most of you men would hesitate to agree.

But then let us also remember that Christ brought forgiveness into this world. So we should not hold each others past against each other. No, what is done is done and is not undone. But knowing that also, we should all take responsibility for our actions instead of seeking to undo what is done.

For those in Christ; remember, it is written that if you are with someone (married) and they decide to leave you and they are not in Christ, then let them go. If they are in Christ, do not let them go! - and they won't leave you because they have Love. And for those without Christ, you cannot judge this statement because you cannot discern the hearts of those who have Christ; this is not your business particularly.

God's law is greater than man's law. Where man's law conflicts with the Lord, the Lord we should obey. "We should obey God rather than men," as it is written.

But ALSO know that we should not be legislating God's law. That defeats the purpose of obeying God in faith and love! Christians, stay away from government if you love what is Holy.

And the child of actual rape should be aborted immediately. God IS Mercy, Justice, Wisdom.

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

You're sick. You sound like you have a god complex.

Sounds like you are talking to yourself. How about we just let men and women figure things out on their own? My wife likes me to have rights over her body. How does that make you feel? Do you want to force her to have to make decisions about her body all on her own?

How about the boys on this board stop being so self-righteous and understand you dont have rights to a woman's reproductive organs? Their not yours to command, they never will be, so get off your high horse's and go play with some lego or something.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

The woman doesn't have a right to abort if the man wants the baby. As with all, there is always a middle ground. So for example in the case of a woman who wants abortion but the man does not, a good deal would be for the woman to have the baby but hand full responsibility of raising the child to the man. That way the man gets to keep the baby and the mother is free to do as she pleases.

HEY, that totally negates that fact that she DOESN'T WANT TO BE PREGNANT!

If a woman doesn't want to BE pregnant, and she IS pregnant... then abortion is the only option, not adoption.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica

Originally posted by Myendica
well thats not the way it is. If it were a perfect world, all aborted children would be raised surogately. Like I said, im not for abortion, but I understand theres circumstances that arise. So im not against it. But there are women who have had multiple abortions, and that should be a crime.

Well its not a perfect world is it? Life isn't fair is it? So lets stick with reality and the facts of the matter. Its her body her choice. If it was his body, it would be his choice.

Abortions are not a great experience, you don't pose for a picture afterwards so you can look back when your older and say "Yeah, how awesome was that" Im not talking about the rights and wrongs of abortion, im talking about a woman's right to her own body.
you chose the risk of pregnancy before havin sex. Now you want to choose again? What are we? banks

You sound happy to treat a woman like a bank - Put in an invest in against her will and withdraw it 9 months later. You think women were put here just for you or something?

to the mods. this post is way beyond insulting and attacking.

my response to this post is as follows;

You dont know anything about how i treat my wife. if you did, you would clearly see i am all for a womans choice. I dont see your arguement as advocating womens choice, rather, advocating selfish thinking.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

And do you realise that without a male's nuts you wouldn't even have a chance at controlling the life of that baby because you wouldn't even be having a baby.

You do realize I never said otherwise and I have no idea what you are arguing here?

Basically YOU WANT TO CONTROL A BEING THAT HAS MY GENES IN IT!? HEEEELLL NO!

Yeah if anything with your genes in it is in my body, I did not invite it and I will do with it as I please.

Huh? If you and I decided to have casual sex, you accepted that there is a risk that you might invite my genes is there not?

If I raped you then absolutely you have FULL control of the fate of the child. I have NO say.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

So, not only are you advocating that a women has total control of the fruits of her reproductive system, But the mans as well?

I its pretty obvious that the situation you outlined in the OP more than likely happened to you recently, which is why you came to the internets to rage about it.

I would suggest, if you dont want to be put in this situation, people use contraceptives. It seems like a reasonable cost to forgoe having an abortion.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join