It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men's rights to Women's reproductive organs - You don't have any.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I don't mean to add another topic of abortion but i feel like this particular issue should be addressed. Actually, it should be nipped in the butt. I am disturbed at the amount of male posters on ATS recently advocating that they have "rights" when it comes to a woman carrying their unborn child.

Do you have a womb? If the answer is no then you don't have any rights when it comes to unborn children.

Its not okay for a woman to sperm-jack a man, have his child and try and get him to pay child support. Not okay at all. But you cant turn the tables and effectively want to "baby bomb" a woman because you gave her the best 7mins of your life and she got pregnant.

Even in the case of couples, if consentual sex results in pregnancy, the decision isnt a man's to make. Dont get me wrong, you are well entitled to have opinions and feelings that any rational woman would consider, but you dont have a right to force another human being against her will to bring the child to term.

I don't really give a crap if pregnancy is natural, some women dont want to have children. Some women have had children and don't want any more. Some dont want to bare the offspring of that particular partner for a range of reasons.
I don't think alot of you guys who advocate raping someone of their individual rights understand how physically and mentally tolling having a baby is. Your entire life is turned upside down and you don't get it back for a long long time.

So ive made this thread to basicly let those "men's rights to pregnancy" posters know, you dont have rights over someone else's body. And you should be ashamed for even thinking on such oppressive terms.
If a woman doesn't want to have a child to you, move along. Find a woman that does, there's at least a billion women on this planet who are of childbearing age. Its not the end of the world eh?

Its a shame that more and more these days threads that state the complete obvious are having to be posted on ATS.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The woman doesn't have a right to abort if the man wants the baby. As with all, there is always a middle ground. So for example in the case of a woman who wants abortion but the man does not, a good deal would be for the woman to have the baby but hand full responsibility of raising the child to the man. That way the man gets to keep the baby and the mother is free to do as she pleases.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
"You dont have rights over someone else's body."

Oh I forgot a baby isn't someone else.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato

I was gonna include that but thought "one step at a time". Star.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Men are pissed off because these days people are snake like and will not hesitate to take everything you have.
Men: get prenups and avoid certain "women" who may need your genes for somethin

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

The baby cannot survive without the mother. If the mother doesn't want the baby then that's hard luck. You cant shelf the women and her feelings because you think a "baby" and a man matter more. Its her body, final say is hers and her's alone.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
The woman doesn't have a right to abort if the man wants the baby.

Abortion is legal so yes she does. No man has the right to own a woman or her reproductive organs so she can do as she pleases.

As with all, there is always a middle ground.

There's no middle ground here. Men don't have the ability to give birth, you have no rights on this subject. Tough luck.

So for example in the case of a woman who wants abortion but the man does not, a good deal would be for the woman to have the baby but hand full responsibility of raising the child to the man.

A woman doesn't have to "deal" or compromise - Its her body. If she doesn't want to have a child, you have no right to make her.

That way the man gets to keep the baby and the mother is free to do as she pleases.

After she's physically and emotionally burnt out from pregnancy? You're sick. You sound like you have a god complex.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
You are right. But how fair is life for men. We talk of rape and abortion and child birth.. But when does a father get a right to make decisions for their child? Mother decides to keep it or not. Then once born, the mother has majority of custody right off the bat. Depending what the mother puts on the b.c., I very well may never seemy child again. Now I dont have to worry about this, as I am married and my wife and I arent stupid arent going to get pregnant unless we make tat decision. But there are some extremely sad, upset, depressed men out there, because the woman with their child either aborts it, or keeps it away from them. Is this fair? I believe abortion is a womans choice, but just think to yourself, what if we took all newborns and gave them to the father.. Women evrywhere would cry. So think about how the guy feels... FoR ONCE.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
That is absolutely unfair to make the woman have the last decision only because the baby is in her body. The baby has genes from both the mother and the father. Both parties should reach a satisfiying decision.

By leaving the last say to the mother you are implying that the father is not as important as the mother, which is absolutely wrong. Both father and mother are crucial parts of a human life.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
Men are pissed off because these days people are snake like and will not hesitate to take everything you have.
Men: get prenups and avoid certain "women" who may need your genes for somethin

Absolutely agree with this. Everyone has a personal responsibility of taking care of themselves and their lives. That includes the type of people you strike up friendship/relationships with. If he's a deadbeat, don't date him. If she's a career women and your a family guy? Steer clear.

Amazing how simple it is.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

The woman doesn't have a right to abort if the man wants the baby.

Abortion is legal so yes she does. No man has the right to own a woman or her reproductive organs so she can do as she pleases.

As with all, there is always a middle ground.

There's no middle ground here. Men don't have the ability to give birth, you have no rights on this subject. Tough luck.

So for example in the case of a woman who wants abortion but the man does not, a good deal would be for the woman to have the baby but hand full responsibility of raising the child to the man.

A woman doesn't have to "deal" or compromise - Its her body. If she doesn't want to have a child, you have no right to make her.

That way the man gets to keep the baby and the mother is free to do as she pleases.

After she's physically and emotionally burnt out from pregnancy? You're sick. You sound like you have a god complex.

But we are not talking about the woman's body here. We are talking about the baby which is a creation that could only arise from sperm (male) and an egg (female).

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

You're sick. You sound like you have a god complex.

Sounds like you are talking to yourself. How about we just let men and women figure things out on their own? My wife likes me to have rights over her body. How does that make you feel? Do you want to force her to have to make decisions about her body all on her own?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Absolutely agree with this. Everyone has a personal responsibility of taking care of themselves and their lives. That includes the type of people you strike up friendship/relationships with. If he's a deadbeat, don't date him. If she's a career women and your a family guy? Steer clear.

It doesn't sound like you have ever been in love in your life. It's not simple by any means.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

That is absolutely unfair to make the woman have the last decision only because the baby is in her body.

That's life my dear, and its not fair.

The baby has genes from both the mother and the father.

Does it have enough genes to develop outside the mother's body? No? Well i guess the women has the decision then.

Both parties should reach a satisfiying decision.

The fathers opinion is the 2nd most important opinion in the whole situation - Not the first and not the final.

By leaving the last say to the mother you are implying that the father is not as important as the mother

When it comes to growing another human being for 9 month and birthing them? You're right, a man isn't as important as the mother because men contribute very little within those 9months.

which is absolutely wrong. Both father and mother are crucial parts of a human life.

They say a woman becomes a mother when she finds out she's pregnant, a man becomes a father when their child is born. Men and women are psychologically different and best way to describe the difference is simply this:

I ccant understand what it feels like to be kicked the testicles, you cant understand what it feels like to have a pregnancy scare. So back off and leave us women to have rights to OUR reproductive organs.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

You're sick. You sound like you have a god complex.

Sounds like you are talking to yourself. How about we just let men and women figure things out on their own? My wife likes me to have rights over her body. How does that make you feel? Do you want to force her to have to make decisions about her body all on her own?

How about the boys on this board stop being so self-righteous and understand you dont have rights to a woman's reproductive organs? Their not yours to command, they never will be, so get off your high horse's and go play with some lego or something.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

It doesn't sound like you have ever been in love in your life. It's not simple by any means.

Well, if your kind of love is subjugation of your partner then i'd happily not partake in such a demeaning form of affection.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Dear SearchLightsInc,

I have no right over anyone's body except my own and I am a man. I also found out that my ex killed our first child without telling me. We had others, She is solely responsible for killing that baby. I also know that she came regret killing that baby. Where in your conversation do you talk about right and wrong. Killing a baby is wrong, that simple. Tell the truth, most abortions (baby killings) are done because the child is a female and they want a boy.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Does it have enough genes to develop outside the mother's body? No? Well i guess the women has the decision then.

actually, yes. Once it has grown to a certain state, it could be raised in an incubator. Not the healthiest choice, but neither is abortion. And the man isnt the 2nd most important opinion, the woman is. The 1st, most important opinion is te child, unfortunately we cannot know their opinion though.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

It is an outraqeous claim to give the woman the last say just because the first 9 months of a baby's life will take place inside her.

The baby is came about because of her AND him.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join