It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets Revealed 2

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Ah great stuff

I'm glad that I was able to play a part in this thread.

John Dee is a fascinating individual. At one stage he housed one of the largest private libraries in Europe if I'm not mistaken. Think how great it must have been to be able to browse through all of those volumes.

Looking forward to the next part of the puzzle!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by II HAL II
reply to post by adrift

I'm blown away you connected that so fast... great job and 100% correct.

And great job for identifying John Dee, Doodle 19815.

There was another clue I left, that I can tell you about now... if you look at my signature you will see Nr 9-16, if you go back to Mortlake High Street (on google maps/street view) and look at the building next to the church, you will see a housing block, Nr 9-16 with a name above the entrance door....

Amazing what a few numbers and a link can tell you... huh. That's the first part of the secret revealed, the next part is coming in a few hours.

Hey HAL, read your post above where you state that the next part is coming in a few hours. Are you a slacker or what? Why start a mystery thread about revealing secrets then not show up when you said you would? Don't really care either way, just letting you know that you laid a royal turd.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Since I enjoyed and learned a lot fom Hal's previous Secrets Revealed , I will try to extend this a bit though I know not if this was to have ended on John Dee and the obsidian mirror.

1) John Dee
2) Obsidian Mirror = Aztec used the same material

From Link we learn the following

In November 1582 they encountered an Angel, Uriel. The Angel gave instructions for a magical talisman with which they could contact the spirit world more easily. Many of their ritual objects including Dee's obsidian scrying mirror are now in the British Museum. Kelly would continuously make new discoveries that amazed Dee, and he introduced him to the fact that both good and evil spirits existed beyond the veil. It was around this time that Dee started using the mysterious Enochian script to communicate with the Angels. Called the language of angels it is definitely a structured language, although its real origins are obscure. Whatever its origins people who have worked with Enochain magic have claimed that it does seem to work.

The date is what caught my interest as it fits in with 6 year absence of John Dee from England as noted previously

Dr John Dee (1527 to 1608) lived at Mortlake from 1565 to 1595 except for the 6 years between 1583 and 1589 when he was traveling in Europe.

and the date 1563 mentioned here

The mirror, made of highly-polished obsidian (volcanic glass), was one of many Aztec cult objects and treasures brought to Europe after the conquest of Mexico by Cortés between 1527 and 1530. Mirrors were associated with Tezcatlipoca, the Aztec god of rulers, warriors and sorcerers, whose name can be translated as 'Smoking Mirror'. Aztec priests used mirrrors for divination and conjuring up visions. Dee had an interest in optics and optical mirrors or 'glasses' as described in his private diary and works. he was also interested in psychic phenomena and, from 1583, worked with Edward Kelly as his medium. Kelly would see visions in the 'shew-stones' of 'angels' that communicated by pointing to one square after another in tables of letters and unknown symbols, which Dee and Kelly transcribed. The case, made to fit the obsidian mirror with its projecting handle, has a paper label with the handwriting of the English antiquary Sir Horace Walpole, who acquired the mirror in 1771. The text begins 'The Black Stone into which Dr Dee used to call his spirits ...'. He has added later 'Kelly was Dr Dee's Associate and is mentioned with this very stone in Hudibras [a satirical poem by Samuel Butler, first published in 1664] Part 2. Canto 3 v. 631. Kelly did all his feats upon The Devil's Looking-glass, a Stone.'

"he was traveling in Europe", but where and why? For this this link comes with some help, trip details

The Polish Albert Laski, Count Palatire of Siradz, descendant of the Anglo-Norman Lacies, came to England in search of Dee and Kelly. He was duped by Edward Kelly and his scrying ability, into believing great things were meant him. Indeed a great many messages were received from the Spirit realm concerning Laski, Kelly, Dee, and European politics. In 1583 Dee and Kelly convinced Laski to return to Poland, taking the two Englishmen and their wives with him. They set about trying to transmute iron into gold to fund their regeneration of Europe. Although they were always just on the brink of success, the experimental transmutation experiments never worked. While Dee was away in Europe things were not boding well at home. In 1583 a large mob attacked Dee's home in at Mortlake in Surrey destroying his collection of books, occult instruments and personal belongings. The attack was probably in response to rumours that Dee was a wizard. Sitting John Dee Meanwhile back in Poland Kelly and Dee's experiments proved very costly, Laski lost his fortune and lands funding the two alchemists work, and when it became apparent that he could no longer afford to continue paying for their experiments, the spirits, including Uriel, expressed their doubts through Kelly that Laski may not have been the right man to bring about the changes in Europe.

So from start of 1583 he keeps company with Edward Kelly and sets off immediately on a visit to distant Poland with an aristocrat the Polish Albert Laski, Count Palatire of Siradz, descendant of the Anglo-Norman Lacies who we are told CAME all the way to England in search of Dee and Kelly. Interesting.

In all this my question of interest is "Who is Edward Kelly and for whom is he working at such "elevated spheres" of the European political cauldron that rotates around Poland?" Since Dee was so close to the throne it is hard to believe that some kid off the street would get access to someone with such connections. He smells to me as though he was assigned on a "mission". John Dee does not strike me as a fool.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tintin2012

Firstly I must apologies for not finishing what I started, I became very ill shortly after starting this and I had to spend my time and energy on other things. I'm on the road to recovery now and hope to finish this soon, if people are still interested of course.

I like where your going with this and welcome your input, feel free to carry this on as I enjoyed your post

To give a hint of where I was going next, which also ties in with your post -

Sorry, I'm not the best at drawing.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by II HAL II

Only a few days ago I learned how to use my account more fully thus can see where I have been more easily. Hence I spotted your new thread. The last one was a blast and I really learned a lot.

Regarding John Dee, I new a bit about him from past research but thanks to you I have found out about this 6 yrs. Believe me that this is darn interesting for me as ferment in Europe was on the rise at the time (not that it ever diminished) and I suspect he played a key role with him Little Helper Kelley

I will see what I can do with your clue.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by II HAL II

To give a hint of where I was going next, which also ties in with your post -
My interpretation is "Look left TinTin" unless the hand has another meaning.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

The hand does have another meaning, but that's for your eyes only.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Thank you,

Dee has been defamed through the centuries as a necromancer, but it's the opinion of many writers that his angelic-cabalistic- alchemical work, his Philosophers Stone, the"Monad Hieroglyphica"(1564) may have been a cover for covert operations carried on in the name of her majesty. The 007 was the insignia number that Elizabeth was to use for private communiques between her Court and Dee. Dee signed his letters with two circles symbolising his own two eyes and indicating that he was the secret eyes of the Queen.The two circles are guarded by what may be considered a square root sign or an elongated seven. For Dee, seven was a sacred cabbalistic and lucky number.(Richard Deacon)

link

and

Prior to becoming queen, Elizabeth had struck up a good friendship with Dee. Once on the throne, she depended on Dee as her astrologer so when he fell dangerously ill at Mortlake in 1571, after a tedious journey abroad, Elizabeth sent two of her physicians to look after him. She may have felt obliged to do this as he had been on a mission at her request. Some believe that this mission involved alchemic experiments that Dee had been undertaking. Every court in Europe had astrologers and alchemists. The idea of transmutation through alchemy was one that was taken quite seriously and Dee was granted special rights far beyond someone of his standing. It is believed that Dee became a secret double agent to the queen in England's war with Spain and in his private communications with Elizabeth, the secret name identifying him to Queen Elizabeth is reputed to have been that of 007.

Link

Also good link Map
edit on 11-10-2012 by tintin2012 because: adding info

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Well John Dee continues to fascinate me.

From the 1550s through the 1570s, he served as an advisor to England's voyages of discovery, providing technical assistance in navigation and ideological backing in the creation of a "British Empire", a term that he was the first to use.
Anyone have any clues as to what this means?

Now a bit about the man with whom he set off to Poland, the Polish Albert Laski, Count Palatire of Siradz, descendant of the Anglo-Norman Lacies.

A Pole Meets Queen Elizabeth The most famous Polish visit in Elizabethan England was that of Olbracht Łaski in 1583. The voivod of Sieradz was received like a royal. No other Pole had experienced such a warm welcome before. Łaski (1536-1605) was one of the most gifted noblemen of King Batory’s Poland. He had the brains, he had the style, he had the class that generations of the Łaski family had always been famous for. Well-mannered and smooth-talking, he impressed people. He spoke several languages and had the kind of charisma that gained him respect wherever he went. At the same time, Olbracht is still considered a mysterious figure. He was known for his arrogance, cheek and overblown ambition. The original reason for Łaski’s trip to England is unknown. A popular theory is that the English court planned to turn him into a royal spy against Poland. The choice seemed right–his legendary greed combined with hatred for King Batory made him an ideal candidate. When Olbracht Łaski arrived in London in May 1583, the reception he got was surprisingly cordial. The ceremonious welcome may have been caused by Lord Cobham’s opinion that the nobleman was a strong claimant to the Polish throne. In any case, the Pole met Queen Elizabeth twice in one day, which was unprecedented! A few weeks later, in early June, Łaski was received by Earl Leicester in Oxford. The aristocrat introduced him to the most prominent city councillors and university professors. To celebrate the noble guest, they prepared a lavish banquet that cost 227 pounds, a fortune in those times. His four-day stay in Oxford was crowned with a philosophical dispute chaired by Giordano Bruno.
Link

Map of John Dee's trip

edit on 13-10-2012 by tintin2012 because: add map

Details of tripLink
edit on 13-10-2012 by tintin2012 because: details

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join