It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Baltic Sea Object : an Update from Peter Lindberg "Ocean Explorers Team"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I thought they said they did take a sample during the dive this summer? The "news" is months old and the article in the OP is just a old repost on a dry news day (well, at least its not Aftonbladet).

I havent heard anything new about this "mystery object". Which seems to indicate that Ocean X lost interest in it... IE its just a big rock.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logman
That's an incredible photo. No way is this a natural formation. Must have been some kind of structure that got buried under hundreds of feet of sea at the end of the last ice age. Most of our ancient history is underwater as it's human nature to build on coastlines and by big rivers.

Ha ha ha you got sucked in. Since when did an illustration become a photograph? There is nothing shown of any evidiecne it even exists... just illustrations like representations of aliens people 'claim' they saw even though 99% of us carry cell phones with cameras and no one ever gets a photograph..

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I admit that this formation looks very odd!
I would love for it to be a massive sunken ancient UFO.
But, one might not want to hold their breath, seeing as IF this was a massive sunken ancient UFO, most Govs would be all over it by now.. One can hope tho!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Are we supposed to believe that some huge object, that is even giving off EM interference, is just sitting at the bottom of a sea in Europe and the only person investigating is some nut jobs with a mail in degree ?
Has the world run out of credible research institutions ?
Gimme me a break. If theres was at least a tiny bit of truth to this, research institutes from all over the world would be swarming that place like flies on a s...t.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Choice777
Are we supposed to believe that some huge object, that is even giving off EM interference, is just sitting at the bottom of a sea in Europe and the only person investigating is some nut jobs with a mail in degree ?
Has the world run out of credible research institutions ?
Gimme me a break. If theres was at least a tiny bit of truth to this, research institutes from all over the world would be swarming that place like flies on a s...t.

Are we supposed to believe that some huge rock formation is just sitting on the bottom of the Baltic Sea and no one is interested? Well, I guess the answer must be that everyone else knows that its just another rock formation - or there is so far no evidence it is anything more than another natural rock formation. And the whole planet is covered by... rock! That is a lot for real geologists to handle.

Is there any real evidence that it is giving off EM interference? Other than a couple of guys experiencing random failures with a few pieces of equipment?

I think the fact that no credible research institution has taken an interest probably suggests that there IS nothing of interest. Or if there is anything at all anomalous in the formation, that it has been kept "top secret" by the treasure hunters for their "documentary".

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Now, is it a large UFO, a structure or some natural phenomenon?

Obviously it's a rock formation. And UFOs aren't made of rocks! So no UFO here!

However, it does seem to have been carved out by an ancient civilization and sank underwater due to volcanic activity or an earthquake, coming to rest on a ledge.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
I thought they said they did take a sample during the dive this summer? The "news" is months old and the article in the OP is just a old repost on a dry news day (well, at least its not Aftonbladet).

I havent heard anything new about this "mystery object". Which seems to indicate that Ocean X lost interest in it... IE its just a big rock.

If you read up on the twists and turns of the second expedition this summer, you'll learn that there was constant equipment malfunctioning, extremely poor visibility and nothing much turned out they way they wanted it. They managed to get samples of the disc shaped object. The only thing is, the people at the Stockholm University that are supposed to test the samples are all off on summer vacation (we're in August, remember?), so it's going to take a while.

It's kind of easy to sit behind your computer and complain that things aren't going fast enough. That structure has been down there thousands + years if, so I personally feel it can wait a bit longer. There willl be a third expedition before autumn, and they say third time's the charm, right?

I agree with you that this could be a big rock. The question is, how did such a (geologically) unique object come to be, and has it been fashioned by man?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

However, it does seem to have been carved out by an ancient civilization and sank underwater due to volcanic activity or an earthquake, coming to rest on a ledge.

I think the history of Glaciation in the Baltic Sea area suggests the formation is likely made up of Glacial Erratics laid down during a past Glacial melt .

Glacial erratic, Norber near Austwick in North Yorkshire

edit on 28-8-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Probably a sacred carving by primitive people who became flooded at the end of the ice age.

Not really that special unless it turns out not to be made of stone. There are similar stone works around that region like the one in Turkey that made a buzz a ways back.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I wonder what happens if the sediment beneath the top structure is removed????? Also Why have there not been any new photos similar to the images from the bp oil spill send some rovers there light the whole thing up AND RECORD? Take bore samples from top and sea bottom to see if there is any changes or differences. Maybe there is something inside it and I wonder HOW LONG ITS REALLY BEEN KNOWN TO OF BEEN DOWN THERE?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Also Why have there not been any new photos similar to the images from the bp oil spill send some rovers there light the whole thing up AND RECORD?

My guess would be that there will be NO mystery if they gave us good images to look at. Also, there would be no mystery to SELL to the public, in the form of a documentary.

Hence, no clear photos.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric
The only thing is, the people at the Stockholm University that are supposed to test the samples are all off on summer vacation (we're in August, remember?), so it's going to take a while.

Swedish summer vacations are usually in july, not august.

But anyway, yes I read about the so called equipment failure long ago. They havent proven anything broke, they just said it did. It just adds to the "mystery"... Very convenient.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
what i find interesting is, they never have said its a UFO, they reckon its an underwater building of somesort

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by OrionHunterX

I think the history of Glaciation in the Baltic Sea area suggests the formation is likely made up of Glacial Erratics laid down during a past Glacial melt .

Glacial erratic, Norber near Austwick in North Yorkshire

edit on 28-8-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

Obviously another "ancient neolithic spaceship" resting on its "tripod landing gear". This being the shuttle the "rock gods" use to commute to the "Baltic mothership".

Anyways.... Those are great photos of glacial erratics. There is a big one south of Calgary, we used to go climb on. It was transported over a hundred miles by the glacier during the last ice age.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
they said it was just a rock

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
I think the history of Glaciation in the Baltic Sea area suggests the formation is likely made up of Glacial Erratics laid down during a past Glacial melt... There is a big one south of Calgary, we used to go climb on. It was transported over a hundred miles by the glacier during the last ice age.

Yes, that is a theory and a possibility.

Think about this though. The big one south of Calgary that you mentioned is the biggest known glacial erratic in the world, and it's greatest width is 9 meters. The largest in the US is 18 meters in length but is less massive.

The Unknown Baltic sea object is 60 meters in diameter. It sits on an equally wide foundation at least 7 meters in height.

If it is a glacial erratic, it is the mother of all glacial erratics.

If you google 'glacial erratics' you'll get a pretty good idea what they generally look like. Big, uneven rock slabs. Gortex singled out the two formations that looks remotely like the Baltic sea object - without having the same geological characteristics - while most others look nothing like it.

You now know what the Baltic sea object looks like. It is reported to be almost perfectly circular, lenticular in shape and concrete-ish. Something that looks like stairs lead up to it on one side. Geologically it doesn't seem to fit into the landscape.

According to the divers, the whole area around the object is strange. There's another, smaller rectangular object not far from the circular object that they are interested in, but they haven't yet been able to investigate it.

There's some type of track or groove that runs through the landscape and leads up to these objects.

All in all it's a very anomalous object, very interesting to geologists. A question every geologist must ask him/herself and answer satisfactory is; how come this 60 meter wide, lenticular object of unknown material didn't break up? It does not seem to fit in to the geological landscape, so it must have travelled far. And why is it almost perfectly round?

It is my personal opinion that any geologist that - based on what we know for now - says this is probably a glacial erratic, is guessing.

edit on 29-8-2012 by Heliocentric because: Look to the wise, Honor and Cherish, The Forefathers of your life.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric

Originally posted by bluestreak53
I think the history of Glaciation in the Baltic Sea area suggests the formation is likely made up of Glacial Erratics laid down during a past Glacial melt... There is a big one south of Calgary, we used to go climb on. It was transported over a hundred miles by the glacier during the last ice age.

Yes, that is a theory and a possibility.

That may be a theory and a possibility, but note that I didn't say that. You are putting words in my mouth.
The first sentence was actually lifted from a post made by Gortex.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Ayer's Rock is a lot bigger.

It is still a rock. Being big does not a UFO make.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Sorry about that.

My post was a comment on a post made by Gortex.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

It is simply not possible to get a clear picture,
for the baltic sea has VERY low visibility under water.
Won´t matter how much light you get down there, the water won´t become any clearer.
I know, i´ve swam in it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join