It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Baltic Sea Object : an Update from Peter Lindberg "Ocean Explorers Team"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
A budding theory - EMI interference caused by a meteorite? The moon has weird electromagnetic disturbances and one theory is meteorite impacts... It doesn't make total sense, because usually a meteorite gives off a temporary EMI as it enters the atmosphere, but perhaps there are some that have an unusually high electromagnetic field naturally???

Hm. I would say "rock" immediately if it weren't for the divers reporting their devices going dead around the thing. Assuming that report is true and accurate, it presents a problem. But here's a thought - if this IS a rare rock/meteorite with the property of EMI, then the Bermuda Triangle and some other mysteries might be closer to being solved??? Just thinking outside the box a little... (perhaps too far...lol!)

I am not an expert on this, so please, anyone care to jump in with greater knowledge???

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Arken I like your threads, wish more of this type of stuff comes out !

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
i have to admit that when this story first broke i was highly intrigued by the many possibilities.
but now?
not so much.

too much is being withheld for whatever reason.

i kept checking their website on a regular basis....and there was always nothing....except for some uninteresting pics of them doing different things around the boat....a few teaser pics of things...but nothing substantial whatsoever.

so...starting to think this is a non-story.

guessing i will have to wait for their made-for-tv production of the discovery and subsequent dives.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malakyzek

guessing i will have to wait for their made-for-tv production of the discovery and subsequent dives.

They will milk it for all of it's worth, and will no doubt leave you hanging at the end.
Played out with flashy visuals, spooky music, dizzying sequences repeated ad nauseum and in three parts. At a guess.
edit on 26-8-2012 by jamdan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler
Arken I like your threads, wish more of this type of stuff comes out !

Thanks for your kind words. I do my best, as many other here on ATS.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveBoard
Well I for one am very curious about this from a geological perspective. I'm looking for references to rock formations that can interrupt electrical devices - especially volcanic. I know, a once-flying-saucer would be way more cool, or even a super-ancient culture before the glaciers would be pretty mind-blowing. But I've got to say, sometimes the nerdy, simple mysteries can be super exciting for us...nerds. Oh well. I guess I have to own it in this case...

peace,
AB

Sorry, I think that the "failures" of the electrical devices are either entirely random and not related at all to the rock formation, or are simply an invention used to promote the "documentary".

I also think that the rock formation is probably an ordinary natural geological feature (such as a glacial erratic). Certainly not "Atlantis" LOL. Of course, if it is anything special, you are going to have to wait until they air the "documentary".

My current "wacko alien theory" is that it is just a set made from a "paper mache/concrete-like" material made by aliens for a movie, 100,000 years ago.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
If this is really some kind of alien space craft, don't you think that the Secret Government would have already took this ship somewhere safe, so the public can't ever find it? It sounds logic to me because they are covering the truth for 60 years or so, so why would they make a mistake like this one...

If it were a ship, it is still to large and to deep for it to be just grabbed and taken away by Secret Gov. Still i expect that it it is anything unusual in a way that may get their attention (such as an entrance to something or ship) we will never get to know the truth of it.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
The image is an illustration and not a photograph - had me for a moment!

Had me as well I was left holding a ketchupy bun while a franfurter slithered into my groin, darn illustrations!

I am very greatful to the OP for posting this update as it was on my mind the other day and I couldn't remember what the hell it was called, same with that pyramid thing in that european country that I can't remember what it was called.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

Well I for one am very curious about this from a geological perspective. I'm looking for references to rock formations that can interrupt electrical devices - especially volcanic. I know, a once-flying-saucer would be way more cool, or even a super-ancient culture before the glaciers would be pretty mind-blowing. But I've got to say, sometimes the nerdy, simple mysteries can be super exciting for us...nerds. Oh well. I guess I have to own it in this case...

peace,
AB

Sorry, I think that the "failures" of the electrical devices are either entirely random and not related at all to the rock formation, or are simply an invention used to promote the "documentary".

I also think that the rock formation is probably an ordinary natural geological feature (such as a glacial erratic). Certainly not "Atlantis" LOL. Of course, if it is anything special, you are going to have to wait until they air the "documentary".

My current "wacko alien theory" is that it is just a set made from a "paper mache/concrete-like" material made by aliens for a movie, 100,000 years ago.

LOL!! I do want to know if the failures are real - it means a whole different set of options if true (meteorite???). If not true, well, then my guess is its a really cool rock. I like cool rocks - Garden of the Gods anyone??? This wouldn't be much of a garden however, more like a random mushroom.

peace,
AB

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

peace,
AB

LOL!! I do want to know if the failures are real - it means a whole different set of options if true (meteorite???). If not true, well, then my guess is its a really cool rock. I like cool rocks - Garden of the Gods anyone??? This wouldn't be much of a garden however, more like a random mushroom.

peace,
AB

The whole theory that electrical malfunctions could be caused by electro-magnetic interference has been discussed before. It is of course possible that a meteorite (or other rock formation) might contain magnetic material. But if you have any experience with being near very powerful artificial electro-magnetic fields, you would know that the effects dissipate very quickly within a few meters. That's with artificial fields strong enough to exert a powerful attractive force on ferromagnetic materials. The "Baltic cowboys" claim that the anomaly caused a sat phone to fail on the surface, hundreds of feet away from the formation. And yet they were able to operate cameras and other equipment just a few feet away from the rock formation.

All of which suggests that the failures are not caused by the rock. I don't think I've heard of any natural magnetic rocks with magnetic fields strong enough to cause any noticeable effects on electronic equipment.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I want to believe, and I also believe the truth really is out there. But I suspect this is going to turn out to be a hoax, or if real, most of us here will be incredibly disappointed given that so many want this to be some kind of spaceship.

If I had to really guess as to what it might be: I would go with some kind of structure from an ancient civilization. By ancient, I mean prehistoric, but more advanced than the Egyptians. I think we know very little about the past of Earth and I believe the planet is much older than anyone thinks. It is more than conceivable that there was an intelligent, highly "advanced" (for it's time) civilization long before us. That's what I think we are looking at and I think it's only the tip of the iceberg.
edit on 26-8-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: add

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Why do you give sensationalists and fame seekers and liars such as those 'Ocean X' the attention they do not deserve? Is the mention of a single word 'unknown' make you get orgasm? Why not make threads when something is actually seen at resolution 3000+ pixels, until then ignore the Ocean F4gs

When I first got familiar with this, I had no idea this been going on since 1 year, it seems some people like to be toyed around

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
We have seen photographs from the site. They showed a pile of rocks, looked like plain old rocks, not a masonry structure.

We have been told that the depth, murkiness and scale of the 'structure' prevent the divers from taking photos that prove this to be a manmade structure or even mysterious. If they can take one photo, they can take more, then link the pics together to create a larger picture for us to see what they are seeing. Their eyes can see it but a camera can't?

This makes me very suspicious.

I agree with you, the whole thing is suspicious, 21st century and a camera can't take one picture hmm.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I thought the object was interfering with electronic equipment? How were they able to use the equipment to get an image of it an then claim in the same paragraph that it is interfering with their equipment?

Unless they give us an actual picture, video, or radar image they are just stringing people along.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
With some of the sonar scan lines removed or minimized (which make it look a lot more blocky than it actually is), it probably looks more like this:

Which makes it look maybe like an old volcano hole, or a meteor hole, worn away by glaciers.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
With some of the sonar scan lines removed or minimized (which make it look a lot more blocky than it actually is), it probably looks more like this:

Which makes it look maybe like an old volcano hole, or a meteor hole, worn away by glaciers.

That would explain why it appears to be "whole" and would also explain the "trail." Whatever It is, I don't believe for one second that it's a spaceship.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Its another case of let me sell you some provocative documentary,in the first recording the guy totally refuses to identify what it was even though having the equip. to know ,everybody wants to go on vacation on summer,mmm doesnt sound very sci-fi to me.....

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Also, I'm not sure what this has to do with Aliens & UFO's.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Are you kidding me? That's what this is all about?

Definitely out of this world. Not the rock but people assuming its alien based on that image. That is wishful thinking at its best.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

I kind of wish this story would just go away already! They clearly already know what it is or isn't and yet they continue to withhold that information for some eventual documentary. And what will it be in the end? Probably some ancient stone structure used in a port/harbor/docking area. That's it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join