It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favorite movie documentaries!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Century of the self

www.youtube.com...

Sigmund Freud's work into the bubbling and murky world of the subconscious changed the world. By introducing a technique to probe the unconscious mind, Freud provided useful tools for understanding the secret desires of the masses. Unwittingly, his work served as the precursor to a world full of political spin doctors, marketing moguls, and society's belief that the pursuit of satisfaction and happiness is man's ultimate goal.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Here's a good doc on hemp called Emperor of Hemp, well worth a watch if you like that type of thing.

Whether you're already a true believer, or you're still not quite convinced, or you just plain haven't been paying attention, "Emperor of Hemp" will open your eyes and mind to the true history of the incredibly beneficial hemp plant and to the dark secrets of marijuana prohibition. Film contains startling information from Jack Herer’s best-selling cult classic book "The Emperor Wears No Clothes." Includes powerful narration by Emmy-winner Peter Coyote and outstanding music from Bonnie Raitt, Joe Walsh, Cheap Trick and Kara's Flowers, now known as Maroon5.

More documentaries here - ConspiracyDocumentaries.com

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Simpson's survival is widely regarded by mountaineers as amongst the most amazing pieces of mountaineering lore in history.
An amazing story of the will to survive.
The true story of two climbers and their perilous journey up the west face of Siula Grande in the Peruvian Andes in 1985.

www.youtube.com...
EPIC.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned
reply to post by Still Naive?

Its a BBC TV series, not a doco movie, but you might find it worthwhile to check out if you can get your hands on it.

'Tribe' with Bruce Parry. He's one of the most humble and beautiful men I've ever watched.

www.youtube.com...

* Ned

I love Bruce Parry, the guy is a legend. I bought all the series on DVD a few years ago. Nothing as funny as watching him get mashed up with the tribes men.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Derrick J's Victimless Crime Spree!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Just watched "taxi to the dark side". Very good documentary, based on the story of an afghan taxi driver who. Is killed at Abu Grahb prison. It looks at the techniques employed by the US interrogators. It was a very depressing look at how people can do really bad things in the wrong circumstances. I didn't blame the soldiers in the end. The orders and M.O, came from the top.

The other doc I watched was "The sacred science". It's about 8 people with illness's who go to spend a month in the amazon, to be treated by shamens and medical gurus. It's a great documentary, very emotional. Some surprising results for those who were seriously poorly.

Check them both out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join