It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favorite movie documentaries!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Greetings ATSers,

Recently, there was a post made about a man who can swim with polar bears that made it on the front page. Within this post, someone made a reference to a guy who was eaten by a bear (Timothy Treadwell) while doing something he was passionate about (living with and "protecting" the bears). This intrigued me so I did some research into the man and ended up watching a very good and heartwarming albeit dramatic documentary about him (Grizzly Man). It turns out, in my opinion, he was not protecting the bears at all, he simply enjoyed the out door lifestyle and the risk involved with living around such ferocious and wild animals. He was a crazy guy but entertaining also. After watching the doc. I do feel bad for him but I feel like what he showed us with his footage was inspiring and his death was not in vain.

For whatever reason, after watching the doc. I was left wanting more, in the same style, versus what I'm usually after, the UFO disclosure, 911 HOAX, NWO and Illuminati stuff. What I'm here to ask (yes, I've used the search function!) is that if anyone here on ATS knows of similar style docs to please let me know so I may indulge. If you know of any exceptional docs that may fall into a different category and want to share them, I encourage you to do so, just consider I have seen 99% of the above mentioned topics on my usually hunted list.

Thanks for your help!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Not about swimming with dangerous animals, but similar in the aspect of being in a place you really shouldn't ####'n be in. Watch Pururambo. My heart sank and rose and sank, during that documentary. It is quite touching.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Still Naive?

Yeah I hear what you're saying on the need for other entertainment:
Have you seen Coconut Revolution? 'bit of war, display of colonial/corporate power, but it is heartwarming to see these island folk standing up to outside forces and getting stronger from the experience. Check it out they even made diesel from coconuts to run trucks, their own hydroelectric grid and all from the abandoned machinery from a copper mine the Australians dug on their island.

Enjoy

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by PadawanGandalf

Watch pururambo if you haven't seen it. It is similar to your doc. but - the weapons.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I have been looking for Pururambo, however the only place I can find it viewable is on Netflix and I don't have a subscription with them (nor do I plan to currently).

I've tried all types of wording on google and have come back unsuccessful. I will be watching the imbedded video for the time being. Appreciate it guys !

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Best i got man. If you do not speak whatever language that is in, get netflix or use your imagination.

Actually watch this scuff, seems like it would be a bit more haunting if you don't even know what the adventurers are saying....

Amazing stuff.
edit on 8/26/12 by Vicker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Sweet, I actually just signed up for a free month with Netflix, cancelled my subscription right after signing up and am now watching Pururambo!

I'll give feedback in 55 minutes

edit on 26-8-2012 by Still Naive? because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

It is amazing and i hope you enjoy it. Try to put yourself in the place of the camera man.... HAHAHAH so horrifying

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Have you checked out this sitetopdocumentaryfilms.com...
There are plenty of goodies to be found....enjoy

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
So far, Pururambo is exactly what I was looking for!
Thank you!

I'll check out the embedded video next and the website referenced too. Thanks for everything

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

You are very welcome. There are not many other Docs like that. If there any and anyone knows about them please inform me

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Exit through the gift shop.

If you are that way inclined, its all about the elusive, controversial and talented artist "Banksy"

TRAILER:-

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
"The Elephant In The Room". It's about exotic animals kept as pets and the depressing conditions they face. Left me thinking for a long time.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Okay, Pururambo was great. Wouldn't be completely terrified to be there however, I would be completely terrified of eating what they have to eat every day. Oh that and the diseases. The people, albeit, being cannibalistic, seemed relatively nice!

I checked out the website linked above but can't quite narrow down the type of doc I am looking for. I'm after those, first hand, I'll take an adventure or do something on my own type docs. Good examples, Grizzly Man and Pururambo

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Its a BBC TV series, not a doco movie, but you might find it worthwhile to check out if you can get your hands on it.

'Tribe' with Bruce Parry. He's one of the most humble and beautiful men I've ever watched.

www.youtube.com...

* Ned

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Watching Dark Days now, looked interesting. Thanks

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I updated my post with links to all the documentaries.
Even if they sound like they might be a little lame or not to your taste, all are actually fascinating and gripping documentaries.

Enjoy.
edit on 26/8/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned

Its a BBC TV series, not a doco movie, but you might find it worthwhile to check out if you can get your hands on it.

'Tribe' with Bruce Parry. He's one of the most humble and beautiful men I've ever watched.

www.youtube.com...

* Ned

I have the complete boxset and yes, it's one of the best things to have ever been on TV, for sure.
It's amazing.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I'll definitely check that out next.

Thanks for everything guys and gals

top topics

<<   2 >>

join